PDA

View Full Version : Fakes Seance Programme coming to UK TV

lilac
16th September 2003, 08:10 PM
Next Friday I believe (on Sky One, UK TV) there will be a faked seance.

The programme makers are clear to viewers that this is a complete set-up, but the seance participants think it's real. The programme will explore the tricks of the trade used in conning sitters. The highlights are interesting- the sitters get very freaked out by the experiences they have at the seance.

It looks like it will be an interesting hour's viewing. I am unsure of the time they're showing this- if anyone knows of the time, can you please post it?

If I find out in the meantime, I will post the details for UK viewers that wish to watch it.

Lilac

lilac
16th September 2003, 08:14 PM
It could be: Psychic Secrets Revealed
Friday 19th, 20:30, channel five

This weeks episode is about "First in a new documentary series revealing the secret tricks behind the so-called special powers that many psychics claim to possess, from spoon-bending to mind-reading. Alistair Cook explains how a 'magician' breaks a wine glass with the power of his mind - aided by a spring hidden within a table, and a 'psychic' predicts identifies unseen drawn by a volunteer with the secret help of an accomplice and a hidden microphone."

The seance episode could perhaps be a later edition in this series.