PDA

View Full Version : The Trillionaires run the world

bwinwright
15th January 2008, 05:48 PM
:cool: I am so happy to have discovered this James Randi website. After reading hundreds of threads, I am honored to be among so many extremely bright and energetic people.

However, it seems to me that the Trillionaires, via their Tavistock apparatus, have won a decisive victory over the "sheeple", "useless eaters", or you and me, as they like to think of us.

They have so effectively propagandized us through the mainstream media and the internet that the brightest and most energetic of us, you and me, are now arguing about what actually happened on 9/11. They have effectively instituted their divide and conquer tactic once again.

While we, the folks who contribute to this website, are among a very small percentage of people who actually give a damn about truth and justice and are trying to make a difference, they, the ruling elite, the trillionaires, have succeeded in dividing us and making us honestly dislike one another.

Their propaganda is so powerful that many people actually believe WTC 7 committed suicide. Many believe WTC 7 simply fell in a perfectly symmetrical fashion, at free fall speed, directly into its own footprint, after sustaining damage from falling material from the two tall towers and a few small fires on various floors.

The trillionaires' propaganda has been "so" powerful it has totally suspended common sense for a large number of people, many of whom happen to be contributors to this website.

But, many of the sheeple claim, there are numerous university engineeing professors who have written "peer" reviewed papers describing, in a very scientific manner, how WTC 7's collapse was the natural result of the falling debris and resulting fires.

However, the sheeple fail to realize that the wealthiest and most powerful foundations are also the creations of our Trillionaire rulers. We sheeple fail to realize that these foundations give "huge" sums of money to a multitude of major universities.

If a priest will compromise his integrity for a few moments of sexual bliss with 12 year old boy, wouldn't you imagine an engineering professor, who earns $100,000 per year would compromise his integrity for $250,000, or more?

Did you know that Michael Chertoff's mother was a Mossad operative in 1948?
Do you know what the Mossad's motto is? "BY WAY OF DECEPTION, THOU SHALT DO WAR."

I mentioned that former Italian President Francesco Cossiga told the Italian Newspaper, Corriere Della Sera in November, 2007 that the 9/11 caper was run by the CIA and MOSSAD. Somebody on this website remarked that Cossiga was just joking. Please.

Franceso Cossiga knows about false flag operations. Check out Operation Gladio. He was forced to resign as Italy's President because of his intimate relations with terrorism. This man knows what's happening. Even if you don't believe it, so what? That doesn't change the fact that false flag operations are absolutely crucial in the present environment.

Without false flag operations, our trillionaires would be common war criminals.
At least now, they can so easily pull the wool over so many sheeple eyes.

Check out The Money Masters, Eustace Mullins, and The History of The Rothschilds if you want to understand what's really happening. All this bickering over 9/11 is so undignified.

Simply try to remember the GOLDEN RULE while you investigate things. The Golden Rule, as defined by our trillionaire rulers is, "HE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES."

The truth is the The Rothschilds and Rockefellers are two of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the world. While there are perhaps as many as a dozen families on the planet who can be categorized as trillionaires, the Rothschild Group is the most powerful ruling family of all, BY FAR!

Imagine a GWP, Gross World Product of about $60 trillion per year, which is close to reality. The Rothschilds, alone, control about half of this. They feel entitled to call the shots. I probably would too, wouldn't you?

Regardless, because I believe in Einstein's Unified Field, the Buddhist Dharmakaya, the Hindu Brahman, Christ's Kingdom of God, the Ineffable Oneness, even the Rothschilds are 100% God. I've got to love them, accept them, and bless them, don't I? Didn't all the great spiritual masters teach us to JUDGE NOT?

Even if you elect to be ugly towards me, I'll still love you like a brother or sister from a different mother. So there!

Skibum
15th January 2008, 05:51 PM
Who are these "trillionaires"?

bwinwright
15th January 2008, 05:56 PM
The Rothschilds and Rockefellers, along with most of the folks with stock in the central banks of Europe and our FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Gravy
15th January 2008, 05:57 PM
Even if you elect to be ugly towards me, I'll still love you like a brother or sister from a different mother.I think you mean "from a different planet."

Gravy
15th January 2008, 05:58 PM
The Rothschilds and Rockefellers, along with most of the folks with stock in the central banks of Europe and our FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.You don't know what a trillion is, do you?

FM21.105
15th January 2008, 06:00 PM

Freemasons, of course :rolleyes:

Drudgewire
15th January 2008, 06:01 PM

Well, this guy for one:

http://www.lethalwrestling.com/upload/pennybags.jpg

Skibum
15th January 2008, 06:06 PM
The Rothschilds and Rockefellers, along with most of the folks with stock in the central banks of Europe and our FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Not family names, certainly you can come up with first names and their net worths as well.

Which people on this list are Rothschilds and Rockefellers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires_(2007)

jhunter1163
15th January 2008, 06:07 PM
Don't forget Leo Wanta. He's supposed to get his $4.5 trillion any day now...

http://www.worldreports.org/news

Brainache
15th January 2008, 06:09 PM
I know that if I had Trillions of dollars I'd expect to have at least some say in the way things were being run.

So is there actually anyone in the world who has literally trillions of dollars?

milesalpha
15th January 2008, 06:11 PM
It won't be long before someone happens along and begins asking you for specifics, and (uh oh), actual proof. You might to amp up your supply of evidence. They are going to want things from the scientists and historians you seem to hate and ignore. One little hint for you, nothing gives away your desperation faster than the use of a term like "sheeple", especially when the OP fairly reeks of paranoia. It works well for the Ron Paul fans but those who are not educating themselves from youtube videos and Alex Jones are less likely to be impressed. Have fun, I will now retreat to enjoy the beatdown, hope you can bring something new to the table.

OldTigerCub
15th January 2008, 06:12 PM
I was going to comment about how absurd the OP sounded, but I didn't want to get distracted. I'll be back when I'm done counting my money.
Now, where was I ....oh, yes...$999,992,000...$999,993,000...$999,994,000.. .

Gravy
15th January 2008, 06:14 PM
Not family names, certainly you can come up with first names and their net worths as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires_(2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires_%282007))I gave a tour to the third richest man in China. I think he was a Rothschild, because he didn't tip.

Cl1mh4224rd
15th January 2008, 06:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires_(2007)
(Fixed the link.)

Hmm, let's see here. The Rothschilds and Rockefellers on that list are...

Gates, Buffett, Helú, Kamprad, Mittal, Adelson, Arnault, Ortega, Ka-shing (the arrogance in choosing such a name!), Thompson...

* Cl1mh4224rd breathes.
Man, finding conspirators is hard. I need a break.

PhantomWolf
15th January 2008, 06:15 PM
I know that if I had Trillions of dollars I'd expect to have at least some say in the way things were being run.

So is there actually anyone in the world who has literally trillions of dollars?

Not including Heads of State? No, 56 billion looks like about the limit.

Hokulele
15th January 2008, 06:37 PM
... However, it seems to me that the Trillionaires, via their Tavistock apparatus, have won a decisive victory over the "sheeple", "useless eaters", or you and me, as they like to think of us.

The trillionaires' propaganda has been "so" powerful it has totally suspended common sense for a large number of people, many of whom happen to be contributors to this website.

But, many of the sheeple claim, there are numerous university engineeing professors who have written "peer" reviewed papers describing, in a very scientific manner, how WTC 7's collapse was the natural result of the falling debris and resulting fires.

However, the sheeple fail to realize that the wealthiest and most powerful foundations are also the creations of our Trillionaire rulers. We sheeple fail to realize that these foundations give "huge" sums of money to a multitude of major universities.

If a priest will compromise his integrity for a few moments of sexual bliss with 12 year old boy, wouldn't you imagine an engineering professor, who earns $100,000 per year would compromise his integrity for $250,000, or more?

Without false flag operations, our trillionaires would be common war criminals.
At least now, they can so easily pull the wool over so many sheeple eyes.

Regardless, because I believe in Einstein's Unified Field, the Buddhist Dharmakaya, the Hindu Brahman, Christ's Kingdom of God, the Ineffable Oneness, even the Rothschilds are 100% God. I've got to love them, accept them, and bless them, don't I? Didn't all the great spiritual masters teach us to JUDGE NOT?

Contradict yourself much?

fezzic
15th January 2008, 06:55 PM
I was amused enough by the thread title to take a look. Hmmm, nothing to see.

ElMondoHummus
15th January 2008, 07:01 PM
Sooooo, wait, does that mean us poor working class NWO proletariat-types don't run things anymore? Just because we're paid a mere salary?? When da heck did that happen? I WANT MY POWER BACK!!!

BTW: Does this mean we're all fired?...

BenBurch
15th January 2008, 07:07 PM
What nonsense.

When you are that rich, you do not control the money, the money controls YOU.

beachnut
15th January 2008, 07:10 PM
While we, the folks who contribute to this website, are among a very small percentage of people who actually give a damn about truth and justice and are trying to make a difference, they, the ruling elite, the trillionaires, have succeeded in dividing us and making us honestly dislike one another. Your lack of facts will soon be known.

Their propaganda is so powerful that many people actually believe WTC 7 committed suicide. Many believe WTC 7 simply fell in a perfectly symmetrical fashion, at free fall speed, directly into its own footprint, after sustaining damage from falling material from the two tall towers and a few small fires on various floors. Oops, since you do not have a clue what happen to WTC7, and it was not CD. (next time study 9/11 first)
But, many of the sheeple claim, ...
However, the sheeple fail ... I have found that people who use sheeple are not very smart. Why is that true?

I mentioned that former Italian President Francesco Cossiga told the Italian Newspaper, Corriere Della Sera in November, 2007 that the 9/11 caper was run by the CIA and MOSSAD. Somebody on this website remarked that Cossiga was just joking. Please. You mentioned a nut from Italy making supid statements, do you support his false ideas? If so why do you lack evidence? Why are you unable to recognize stupid ideas on 9/11?

Without false flag operations, our trillionaires would be common war criminals. What the heck are you talking about? This is one nutty statement!

Regardless, because I believe in Einstein's Unified Field, .... Darn (you have not studied Einstein), did you know your beliefs in Einstein is -most physicists consider his attempts ultimately unsuccessful. Just like your ideas on 9/11 (you have not studied 9/11), no rational people support them!

JimBenArm
15th January 2008, 07:17 PM
Wow, so much misinformation in one post. Do you have special equipment to insert it, or do you have a natural talent for it?

BenBurch
15th January 2008, 07:30 PM
Wow, so much misinformation in one post. Do you have special equipment to insert it, or do you have a natural talent for it?

Well, sometimes they get a misinformation impaction, Jim. It can be caused by drug side effects or merely too many Cheetos. It can be dealt with in the ER though through dilation and physical removal of the misinformation with the gloved hand. A water-based lubricating gel is often of use in this procedure. Nitrous Oxide can help make the patient more comfortable.

Dr Adequate
15th January 2008, 07:33 PM
When you are that rich, you do not control the money, the money controls YOU. That's a risk I'm prepared to take.

X
15th January 2008, 07:37 PM
So, which trillionare do I talk to about a gifting me a mere half-million?

Seriously, though, I really hope you're willing to listen to ideas and facts that might cause you to seriously re-orient your world-view.

Unlike far too many other CTers.

BenBurch
15th January 2008, 07:42 PM
That's a risk I'm prepared to take.

Me too, I'm just saying that you lose a lot of your freedom.

JimBenArm
15th January 2008, 07:44 PM
Hey, for that kinda cash, I've got freedom to burn, baby!

rwguinn
15th January 2008, 07:52 PM
Baaa d research...

Max Photon
15th January 2008, 08:09 PM

Charles Savoie tends to do a nice job...

The World Money Power I (http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/cs_dec04.pdf)

The World Money Power II (http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/cs_jan05.htm)

The World Money Power III (http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/cs_jan05_worldmoneypower3.htm)

Max

cisco
15th January 2008, 08:12 PM
One of the drawbacks of the internet is that it has allowed some verrrrrry scary people to assemble.

Luckily, since most of them aren't honest, trustworthy people, they probably won't ever trust each other long enough to get anything done.

Here's hoping you're just trolling for laughs, bwinwright. It's hard to sleep at night knowing there are people out there as genuinely bat-fart crazy as you.

Gazpacho
15th January 2008, 08:17 PM
So what's it like to know more than everyone else? Does it help you pick winning lottery numbers?

T.A.M.
15th January 2008, 08:23 PM
One of the drawbacks of the internet is that it has allowed some verrrrrry scary people to assemble.

Luckily, since most of them aren't honest, trustworthy people, they probably won't ever trust each other long enough to get anything done.

Here's hoping you're just trolling for laughs, bwinwright. It's hard to sleep at night knowing there are people out there as genuinely bat-fart crazy as you.

Amen my friend, Amen.

TAM:)

Hokulele
15th January 2008, 08:25 PM

I don't think they need special equipment to insert this kind of stuff, but rather to extract it. From where, I choose not to speculate . . .

Uncle Vanya
15th January 2008, 08:30 PM
Is he talking about the pentavarite?

You know... the pentavarite, The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds and Colonel Sanders before he went ***s up.

tomwaits
15th January 2008, 09:06 PM
What nonsense.

In Soviet Russia, you do not control the money, the money controls YOU.

fixed.

Tippit
15th January 2008, 09:08 PM
(Fixed the link.)

Hmm, let's see here. The Rothschilds and Rockefellers on that list are...

Gates, Buffett, Helú, Kamprad, Mittal, Adelson, Arnault, Ortega, Ka-shing (the arrogance in choosing such a name!), Thompson...

* Cl1mh4224rd;3340473 breathes.
Man, finding conspirators is hard. I need a break.

If you're looking for the world's wealthiest people, you're unlikely to find them in Forbes or Wikipedia, at least not in their correct positions. John D. Rockefeller once said "I want to own nothing, and control everything." The super-rich divest themselves of their wealth through offshore trusts and foundations, not only to avoid taxation and liability, but to cultivate the notion that they wield much less power and control than they actually do. Frederick Morton in his biography "The Rothschilds" wrote:

"It would be insufficient to sum up the (Rothschild) family as still very wealthy. ..(their fortunes are as) ineffable as always....today the family grooms the inaudibility and invisibility of its presence as a result, some believe that little is left apart from a great legend -- and the Rothschilds are quite content to let legend be their public relations."

Your list of the wealthiest failed to include presumably the most wealthy man in the world - Carlos Slim of Mexico, who is the largest shareholder of TelMex.

Darth Rotor
15th January 2008, 09:11 PM
What nonsense.

When you are that rich, you do not control the money, the money controls YOU.
Dead wrong.

When you are that rich, the money becomes a means to an end, and that end is macro.

We are talking about levels of wealth beyond "F*** you money." You have not gotten beyond money at lower levels, a state reveled in your choice of words.

For the OP:

I can summarize your position:

Money talks and the rest walks.

Why?

Most people can be bought.

DR

CHF
15th January 2008, 09:13 PM
To put the OP in perspective, the GDP of the United States is about $11 trillion.

Horatius
15th January 2008, 09:15 PM

I'd argue that the priest never had any integrity to begin with, he just faked it well. I'd also suspect that you don't personally know any actual engineers, or you'd know they tend to have just a wee bit more integrity than child molesting priests.

But then, what does a sheeple like me know, growing up with a civil engineer as a father?

Anti-sophist
15th January 2008, 09:22 PM
I don't understand. The Rothschilds aren't trillionaires. Even if their total net worth was over a trillion dollars, that doesn't make them trillionaires. You don't get to add up people's networth and proclaim them trillionaires.

If you could do that, then all of us Americans are trillionaires, given our aggregate wealth.

beachnut
15th January 2008, 09:32 PM
Dead wrong.

When you are that rich, the money becomes a means to an end, and that end is macro.

We are talking about levels of wealth beyond "F*** you money." You have not gotten beyond money at lower levels, a state reveled in your choice of words.

For the OP:

I can summarize your position:

Money talks and the rest walks.

Why?

DRI will not ask for examples!

ElMondoHummus
15th January 2008, 09:58 PM

Huh... I missed this before. My eyes went straight to that Chertoff-mother-Mossad idiocy, so I felt freer to joke about it than I do now. But now I'm offended; that statement is just pure stupidity.

For every priest that compromises his integrity, how many do you think do not? For every engineering professor who'd take payola, how many you think would say "No, I won't participate in the covering up of mass murder". I don't know the answer to the second question, but there have been studies quantifying the first: A report in 2002 (http://www.bishop-accountability.org/reports/2004_02_27_JohnJay/index.html) "found accusations against 300 priests in the USA, equalling about .006% of all U.S. priests" (My emphasis. Source: Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases#John_Jay_Report)).

Does that put that lame analogy into perspective?

I think the only people who imagine others would sell out so easily are people who'd do so themselves. The fact of the matter is, the majority in either vocation are honest folks who wouldn't think of committing those acts. And even the fractions of the percent who would cannot escape the notice, influence, or judgement of the ones who wouldn't. So you think a professor could be paid off? Well, what stops the ones who refuse to compromise from calling that one out on it?

You hold foolish beliefs, bwinwright. You retail fantasies concocted by an immature mind, not reasoned, rational conclusions drawn from study and analysis. Please educate yourself on your topic before you expound on it again.

DarkMagician
15th January 2008, 10:01 PM
Hilarious, even with knowing that the Richest Person on Earth is only worth 50 billion (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/Rank_1.html).

Minadin
15th January 2008, 11:04 PM
Your list of the wealthiest failed to include presumably the most wealthy man in the world - Carlos Slim of Mexico, who is the largest shareholder of TelMex.

The list linked above did actually include Carlose Slim Helu at #3, with a note that he had since become the world's wealthiest, but due to accounting methods and exchange rates the list is required to show the wealth of these folks as of the same date, which was earlier in the year.

I also thought that it was interesting that the combined wealth of the world's 100 richest people was only 3.5 trillion USD.

Sizzler
15th January 2008, 11:07 PM
how can one man/family be the richest in the world and not even make the "richest in the world" list?

any ideas?

you think about that and i'll let you know the answer in a bit.

hint:think outside of the box.

Darth Rotor
15th January 2008, 11:10 PM
how can one man/family be the richest in the world and not even make the "richest in the world" list?

any ideas?

Would that be Al Gore's lock box, the one he said he'd put the deficit into?

DR

Cl1mh4224rd
15th January 2008, 11:22 PM

any ideas?

Umm... errr... They paid to get their name removed?

Sizzler
15th January 2008, 11:23 PM
Would that be Al Gore's lock box, the one he said he'd put the deficit into?

DR

nope.

try again.

come on. surely someone here can think of a way.

hint: the word starts with a 'P'

Sizzler
15th January 2008, 11:24 PM
Umm... errr... They paid to get their name removed?

Nope.

Cl1mh4224rd
15th January 2008, 11:25 PM
This game sucks.

Sizzler
15th January 2008, 11:28 PM
This game sucks.

the word starts with a 'p' and has 4 syllables.

uk_dave
15th January 2008, 11:35 PM

Is it a book, movie or play?

LashL
15th January 2008, 11:54 PM
wouldn't you imagine an engineering professor, who earns $100,000 per year would compromise his integrity for $250,000, or more?

A better question is, "What would your price be, bwinwright, for your complicity in the deaths of thousands or your complicity in covering up the deaths of thousands?"

Sizzler
16th January 2008, 12:35 AM
Is it a book, movie or play?

not that i know of.

hint: it is often considered a good deed.

Sizzler
16th January 2008, 12:40 AM
Last hint:

word search-->

http://archive.rockefeller.edu/publications/biblio/bibliofamily.php

Slayhamlet
16th January 2008, 12:42 AM
Fine... philanthropy. Please explain how it makes "one man/family be the richest in the world and not even make the 'richest in the world' list." Should be funny.

Sizzler
16th January 2008, 12:43 AM
Fine... philanthropy. Please explain how it makes "one man/family be the richest in the world and not even make the 'richest in the world' list." Should be funny.

Gotta walk my dog...i'll think about it and post when i return.

uk_dave
16th January 2008, 12:46 AM
Your dog has a tracking device implanted in it.

Just sayin'....

SezMe
16th January 2008, 12:57 AM
Do you know what the Mossad's motto is? "BY WAY OF DECEPTION, THOU SHALT DO WAR."

Like ElMondoHummus, for some inexplicable reason, my attention was drawn to this claim.

It's not true (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossad).

I've drawn my own conclusions regarding bwinwright's credibility.

Tippit
16th January 2008, 01:00 AM

I explained how in a previous post. You create both domestic and offshore foundations for the ostensible purpose of charity, yet you use it as a political tool to further your own interests while simultaneously avoiding taxes and legal issues surrounding that wealth, as well as maintaining a relatively low profile. "Own nothing, control everything." That's how multi-generational banking dynasties can preserve their multi-trillion dollar net worths, while maintaining relatively low profiles at the same time. It's how David Rockefeller Senior comes in 107th with a modest $2.6B net worth:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/54/biz_06rich400_David-Rockefeller-Sr_MJ03.html

Gazpacho
16th January 2008, 01:29 AM
How lucky for them that 50 consecutive Congresses haven't noticed wealthy families abusing private foundations and adjusted the tax laws accordingly.

Sizzler
16th January 2008, 02:20 AM
I explained how in a previous post. You create both domestic and offshore foundations for the ostensible purpose of charity, yet you use it as a political tool to further your own interests while simultaneously avoiding taxes and legal issues surrounding that wealth, as well as maintaining a relatively low profile. "Own nothing, control everything." That's how multi-generational banking dynasties can preserve their multi-trillion dollar net worths, while maintaining relatively low profiles at the same time. It's how David Rockefeller Senior comes in 107th with a modest $2.6B net worth:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/54/biz_06rich400_David-Rockefeller-Sr_MJ03.html

That is what I was thinking......:eye-poppi

gumboot
16th January 2008, 04:06 AM

You really think multi-trillionaires who gave all of their money away to fake charities would be able to maintain "a relatively low profile"?

What have you been smoking?

-Gumboot

Sizzler
16th January 2008, 04:16 AM
You really think multi-trillionaires who gave all of their money away to fake charities would be able to maintain "a relatively low profile"?

What have you been smoking?

-Gumboot

fake charities?

who said anything about fake charities.

that would be so obvious....geesh.

i wonder what kinds of foundations and councils the some of these men donate to/run.

hymmm....

to be continued...

uk_dave
16th January 2008, 04:21 AM
i wonder what kinds of foundations and councils the some of these men donate to/run.

hymmm....

to be continued...

I wonder what it would be like to win the lottery.....

h(y)mmmmmmmm.......

to be continued....

Idle speculation is so much fun isn't it?

gumboot
16th January 2008, 04:25 AM
fake charities?

who said anything about fake charities.

Tippit did:

You create both domestic and offshore foundations for the ostensible purpose of charity, yet you use it as a political tool to further your own interests while simultaneously avoiding taxes and legal issues surrounding that wealth, as well as maintaining a relatively low profile.

that would be so obvious....geesh.

Yes, it would. Hence why your entire idea that there's multi trillionaires prancing around and no one has noticed but you is frankly, mentally retarded.

hymmm....

to be continued...

Go play with your dolls.

-Gumboot

Sizzler
16th January 2008, 04:34 AM
Tippit did:

Yes, it would. Hence why your entire idea that there's multi trillionaires prancing around and no one has noticed but you is frankly, mentally retarded.

Go play with your dolls.

-Gumboot

Pehaps multi trillion is a bit much.....

uk_dave
16th January 2008, 04:36 AM
Pehaps multi trillion is a bit much.....

Why? Surely nothing is beyond belief in the wooniverse.

JimBenArm
16th January 2008, 05:30 AM
Is it "Let The Inmates Out" week at the asylum? Between this thread and the "Pentagon composite" thread there sure are a lot of crazies here lately.

Don't get me wrong. I like the crazy ones. They're the most fun to wind up and watch. Just more than the usual number here lately.

chillzero
16th January 2008, 05:48 AM
So.... the OP wasn't a parody?

It's getting so much harder to tell the difference.

oh - and - keep it civil :)

JimBenArm
16th January 2008, 05:58 AM
If you tell me to, and I keep it civil, does that mean I'm a Civil Servant?

chillzero
16th January 2008, 06:02 AM
If you tell me to, and I keep it civil, does that mean I'm a Civil Servant?

:D

...if you like that term better than , say, 'mod minion'?

Dave Rogers
16th January 2008, 06:15 AM
:D

...if you like that term better than , say, 'mod minion'?

I have this vision of the smallest scooter in the pack.

Dave

Drudgewire
16th January 2008, 06:32 AM
My price is $74.26 and not a penny less. http://www.lethalwrestling.com/upload/colbert.gif

aggle-rithm
16th January 2008, 06:40 AM

I hear ya, bro! For years I've been complaining to anyone who listens that we've been lied to about that measuring unit called an "inch". For one, it's not really called an inch, it's called a "gobbledygook". It's simply been mislabled on all the measuring devices.

Also, the gobbledygook is really 1.5 times bigger than the measuring devices say it is. We just can't tell because the standard we use is the measuring devices themselves, which have been faked by the Man, who has given huge sums of money to the manufacturers of measuring devices.

When will people wake up?!?

------apologies for the sarcasm. Do you get my point?

Miragememories
16th January 2008, 06:59 AM
So.... the OP wasn't a parody?

It's getting so much harder to tell the difference.

oh - and - keep it civil :)

And here I was under the misguided notion that the moderators were expected to be neutral...ya know..moderators.[arbitrator or mediator]

arbitrator = an independent person or body officially appointed to settle a dispute.

MM

Pardalis
16th January 2008, 07:03 AM

I get a rash every time I hear that.

Miragememories
16th January 2008, 07:05 AM
:cool: I am so happy to have discovered this James Randi website. After reading hundreds of threads, I am honored to be among so many extremely bright and energetic people.

Even if you elect to be ugly towards me, I'll still love you like a brother or sister from a different mother. So there!

Nice post bwinwright.

As you've no doubt observed, there is little hope of getting this circus to leave town.

MM

Drudgewire
16th January 2008, 07:09 AM
And here I was under the misguided notion that the moderators were expected to be neutral...ya know..moderators.[arbitrator or mediator]

arbitrator = an independent person or body officially appointed to settle a dispute.

MM
This is an educational forum. While they don't let us throw rocks at the kids on the short bus, the adults don't have to coddle them to the point that when they say 1+1=3 they get a gold star.

twinstead
16th January 2008, 07:14 AM
Nice post bwinwright.

As you've no doubt observed, there is little hope of getting this circus to leave town.

MM

Glad you have a fellow ideologue to talk to.

Frankly, one need only read your body of 'work' on this forum to know what is a circus and what is not.

Oh, and I wonder how much YOU are being paid to espouse your beliefs here, since ANYBODY can be bought.

Tippit
16th January 2008, 07:15 AM
How lucky for them that 50 consecutive Congresses haven't noticed wealthy families abusing private foundations and adjusted the tax laws accordingly.

Congress did notice, you just haven't noticed them. In 1953 the US Congress convened the Special Committee on Tax Exempt Foundations, otherwise known as the Reece Committee, to investigate so called Unamerican activities by tax-exempt foundations. Norman Dodd was an investigator, and you can see a video interview of him here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C8cC21jB9EE&feature=related

chillzero
16th January 2008, 07:15 AM

MM

If you have any evidence that I or any other moderator is not undertaking moderation duties in a neutral manner, by all means take the discussion to the Forum Management section.

ETA: My original question - posted as a member, btw - was actually an honest one. I thought the OP was a parody, to a point. It is becoming increasingly difficult to tell, sometimes.

Horatius
16th January 2008, 07:31 AM

I don't think "pornography" is a proper topic for discussion here.

But hey, whatever flosts your "boat".

CurtC
16th January 2008, 08:24 AM

So you're determining the proper role for a moderator by citing the definition of a different word? How Trootherish of you.

The role of a moderator is to keep the discussions civil. I'm not aware of a rule against a moderator joining in the debate and taking a POV. Do I misunderstand that?

ETA: Here is the relevant part of the moderator's agreement:Overview

Your primary duty is to ensure that the Forum meets the expectation of the JREF by ensuring that the Membership abides with the Membership Agreement. In general Moderators and Administrators are also Members of the Forum and have the same privileges to participate in the Forum as all other Members, with the exceptions mentioned in this agreement.

As a Moderator or Administrator:

You may post, as a Member on any subject and in any manner or style allowed by the terms of the Membership Agreement. However if posting on a matter regarding the Administration and Moderation of the forum you will endeavour to ensure your personal opinions and comments are clearly distinguished from any official Administration and Moderation posts...

Seeing as how ChillZero always places official mod warnings in the special moderator tags that get uniquely highlighted, I see nothing inappropriate about his/her comment that he/she thought the OP was parody.

Drudgewire
16th January 2008, 08:29 AM
I don't think "pornography" is a proper topic for discussion here.
Speak for yourself, pal. http://www.lethalwrestling.com/upload/pervert.gif

Max Photon
16th January 2008, 08:39 AM
To put the OP in perspective, the GDP of the United States is about $11 trillion.

...which is 2% of the $516 trillion in derivatives outstanding, or (hold on to your hats) 1.8% the $630 trillion in derivatives traded in just the 3rd quarter.

$7.5 trillion of derivatives are traded every day.

See: Deriding Deriving: Theory vs Reality (http://www.sprott.com/pdf/marketsataglance/12_2007.pdf)

ETA: And all of this sits on a base of less than $1 trillion in USDollar currency, which is in itself an IOU NOTHING.

Here is a great quick read by the very fine Hugo Salinas Price:

A Fairy Tale World (http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/salinasprice/2007/0305.html)

JimBenArm
16th January 2008, 08:49 AM
So that means I don't have to pay you back the $5.00 I owe you?

Cool!

CurtC
16th January 2008, 09:16 AM
Here is a great quick read by the very fine Hugo Salinas Price:

A Fairy Tale World (http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/salinasprice/2007/0305.html)

OK, let's see what that says:Money, properly speaking, must be definable! The dollar cannot be defined: so said Alan Greenspan himself, the Pope of Central Bankers, in reference to the dollar, which is the reserve currency of the world and which “backs” all other currencies. When something is not definable, it has no physical existence. A thing that has no physical existence is imaginary. An imaginary thing such as money is today, is as different from real, actual money, as an imaginary loaf of bread is different from a loaf of bread in one’s hand.
I get the impression that Hugo is a high school student who just learned in his civics class that money is not really those pieces of paper and metal, but a more abstract concept, and it blew his mind! He went home, smoked a joint, and wrote up this little essay.

Max Photon
16th January 2008, 10:01 AM
I get the impression that Hugo is a high school student who just learned in his civics class that money is not really those pieces of paper and metal, but a more abstract concept, and it blew his mind! He went home, smoked a joint, and wrote up this little essay.

Well look what his bong-buddy Robert Hemphill,
Credit Manager of Federal Reserve Bank, Atlanta, Ga., had to say:

"This is a staggering thought. We are completely dependent on the
commercial Banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in
circulation, cash or credit. If the Banks create ample synthetic money
we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a
permanent money system. When one gets a complete grasp of the picture,
the tragic absurdity of our hopeless position is almost incredible, but
there it is. It is the most important subject intelligent persons can
investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present
civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the
defects remedied very soon."

JimBenArm
16th January 2008, 10:04 AM
Oh, no! Yet another reason to set my hair on fire and run in circles! What ever will I do? Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

And I just got a haircut!

Minadin
16th January 2008, 10:16 AM
An imaginary thing such as money is today, is as different from real, actual money, as an imaginary loaf of bread is different from a loaf of bread in one’s hand.

What an awful analogy. This guy should go around and as people if they would prefer he give them some imaginary bread or some "imaginary" money.

Gazpacho
16th January 2008, 10:44 AM
Congress did notice, you just haven't noticed them. In 1953 the US Congress convened the Special Committee on Tax Exempt Foundations, otherwise known as the Reece Committee
And that produced what in the way of legislative proposals?

Keep in mind that:
- Bought politicians do not necessarily stay bought
- Especially if they can get enough political goodwill to keep them in office for life, say by finding a huge source of cash and spending it on their constituents

dudalb
16th January 2008, 11:09 AM
The OP Forgot the Two Most Powerful Trillionaires of all:
Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne.

cisco
16th January 2008, 12:49 PM

"Upstarts!"

-Scrooge McDuck

defaultdotxbe
16th January 2008, 01:06 PM
lex luthor has more money than both of them put together!

dudalb
16th January 2008, 01:07 PM
lex luthor has more money than both of them put together!

Actually, Wayne and Luthor are roughly equal in wealth in the DC universe.

HawksFan
16th January 2008, 01:46 PM
I say we switch over to Monopoly money. That way everyone would be rich.

I mean, who doesn't have at least two or three editions of Monopoly sitting around the house?

BenBurch
16th January 2008, 02:17 PM
Dr. Evil is richer than Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, and Lex Luthor COMBINED!

And he owns Starbucks!

http://www.journaldugeek.com/blog/images/neoangel/DrEvil.jpg

Jonnyclueless
16th January 2008, 02:19 PM
This thread has exposed yet another diabolical plot by:

THEY!

Quad4_72
16th January 2008, 03:00 PM
Could you present us with the financial records proving that these people are trillionaires? Thanks.

HawksFan
16th January 2008, 03:05 PM
Could you present us with the financial records proving that these people are trillionaires? Thanks.

That's just it. There are no records proving that these people are trillionaires hence proving that they must be trillionaires. Get it?

Quad4_72
16th January 2008, 03:07 PM
That's just it. There are no records proving that these people are trillionaires hence proving that they must be trillionaires. Get it?

Aw. Its so simple. I get it now!

Lensman
16th January 2008, 03:24 PM
I'm telling you now - I DO NOT run the world (I hire people to do it for me ;) )

cisco
16th January 2008, 03:36 PM
I have a serious question for the Original Poster (bwinwright, is it?)

If the Rothschilds run the world, why didn't they prevent the holocaust?

Drudgewire
16th January 2008, 04:53 PM
If the Rothschilds run the world, why didn't they prevent the holocaust?
And in a flash, the most loaded question I've ever seen on this forum springs forth. :D

soylent
16th January 2008, 05:27 PM
Is it "Let The Inmates Out" week at the asylum?

I'm rather more fond of the way Tom Lehrer put it: "The out-patients are out in force tonight, I see.".

Tippit
16th January 2008, 06:20 PM

Read the Rockefeller File, by Gary Allen. What would you accept as proof? If you sold all of your stocks and bonds, liquidated your bank accounts, and stuffed the proceeds under your mattress, proving what your net worth was would be rather difficult considering you took measures for the express purpose of obfuscating your financial condition.

If you take documented figures as to the wealth these families owned from biographies and historical sources, and you use a very modest rate to discount those fortunes to the present, and even then discount them further using the law of large numbers, some of these families in all probability control trillions. I don't know how much you know about international banking, but I've studied it for a long time. Lets just say the money business is vastly more profitable than the software, or telecommunications business, and comparing nouveau riche like Bill Gates or Carlos Slim to David Rockefeller Sr. or Sir Evelyn de Rothschild is a joke.

twinstead
16th January 2008, 06:28 PM
Well, Tippit, you obviously believe this. What did you accept as proof? Do you even need it?

Tippit
16th January 2008, 06:41 PM
Well, Tippit, you obviously believe this. What did you accept as proof? Do you even need it?

Well, first of all i don't subscribe to the ridiculous notion that everything can be "proven" or "disproven". Some things simply cannot be known with certainty. In these cases I'm left with what is possible, and what is probable. If I gave you enough information to fully identify me, you could not prove my personal net worth with any accuracy. The best you could do is find the aggregate value of my public holdings, and if you assumed that was what I was worth, you'd be wrong.

Since I've been interested in estate planning and international banking for a long time, and since I've actually read the biographies of these families and understand how much wealth they've controlled and influence they've peddled, I'm in a position to doubt the Forbes 400 as being authoritative on their wealth, and more importantly, their control.

If you know any ways to accurately measure the wealth of people who have the resources to divest themselves from it while still maintaining control, I'm all ears. Other than that, we're left with rough historical estimates, and discounted cash flow formulas.

jhunter1163
16th January 2008, 07:13 PM
Tippit, with all due respect, you're missing the point. The point is that there simply isn't enough money in the world for any one individual, or even one family, to control a trillion dollars.

cisco
16th January 2008, 07:19 PM
Tippit, with all due respect, you're missing the point. The point is that there simply isn't enough money in the world for any one individual, or even one family, to control a trillion dollars.

And of course the larger point that money can't buy everything. The idea that every politician and businessman in the world is for sale is funnier than the first season of In Living Color.

What would they buy with all that money? If they weren't already filthy rich, how would they hide it?

Myriad
16th January 2008, 07:59 PM
I don't find the idea of individuals secretly possessing vast amounts of money too difficult to believe.

The hard part is secretly spending vast amounts of money. Which is necessary, if money is to translate into power. Just holding onto money doesn't give you any power at all; it would make our shadowy trillionaires no more than scaled up versions of the old lady down the street with the 27 cats and five million dollars in her passbook savings account.

The problem is, there's an army of tax agents who get very annoyed by the prospect of unreported income. Secret payments are no longer secret once they're reported as someone's income. In the U.S., people in business expect that when they receive payment for their products and services, they will also receive a copy of a Form 1099 that was also sent to Uncle Sam. So, either Uncle Sam knows who's out there buying stuff, or every time one of our trillionaires spends or invests money, he must recruit another recipient into a conspiracy to keep it all secret.

What do you think the trillionaires' money can buy? Do you think Lockheed will sell you fighter jets anonymously for suitcases full of cash? Do you think there are vast secret private research labs, and if so how come nobody notices large numbers scientists disappearing? Does every politician have suitcases full of cash, and if so what do they do with the money, considering that their finances are heavily scruitinized? How many drugs or slaves can one person (or evil cabal) use, and how would doing so help them to control the world?

Or do the trillionaires control the world at a lower level, by handing out a thousand here, a thousand there? Do the math. Any day our intrepid trillionaire spends less than about 100 million dollars (less than one day's interest on a trillion) on controlling the world, he's wasted his time. Doling that out in small amounts undetected is going to keep the poor guy busier than Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. (Or maybe he can hire 10,000 people to discreetly spend about 10 grand a day each. Good luck keeping that secret!)

Come on, I want to hear some operational details here. Mostly I want to know how this secret economy, which would have to be roughly equal in scale to the legit economy, functions without anyone knowing about it.

Respectfully,
Myriad

DarkMagician
16th January 2008, 09:42 PM
I say we switch over to Monopoly money. That way everyone would be rich.

I mean, who doesn't have at least two or three editions of Monopoly sitting around the house?

"What can I get for 25,000 from the Pokemon Edition?"
"Distain and evil looks."

Elizabeth I
16th January 2008, 10:08 PM
OK, let's see what that says:

Whaaat? You mean there's not really a big room full of gold and silver and dollars and diamonds and rubies and emeralds and sapphires that I could get into and swim around and load with a steam shovel?

Now I AM mad.

eeyore1954
16th January 2008, 10:22 PM
Nice post
MM

As I have pointed out to you before you are always quick to go along with any one who bolsters your point of view regardless if there is any merit to his/her claims.

Do you honestly believe this is a valid argument?

Tippit
17th January 2008, 11:27 AM
And that produced what in the way of legislative proposals?

Keep in mind that:
- Bought politicians do not necessarily stay bought
- Especially if they can get enough political goodwill to keep them in office for life, say by finding a huge source of cash and spending it on their constituents

The Reece Committee was derailed by the foundations being investigated. The financial elite don't have to buy politicians when the very ideologies being proposed by the politicians are consistent with what they have been taught in school.

Gazpacho
17th January 2008, 11:58 AM
Oh I get it, you're saying that we're in the Matrix.

twinstead
17th January 2008, 12:10 PM
Tippit, I'm sure in your circle of friends you're all cool and stuff, talking abut the financial elite, ranting against The Man, and holding up a flashlight to your face on camping trips telling your wide-eyed buddies scary stories about the NWO, but you're faced here with people who are dubious of your claims.

Just believing something doesn't make it right, that goes for both us and YOU. People, even intelligent and world aware people, are going to disagree with you and demand at least some kind of evidence to support your beliefs.

We're not perfect, but you as well are going to have to at least keep in mind that on some things you just may be wrong.

alfaniner
17th January 2008, 01:52 PM

The backup singers on the Heart o' Gold?

cisco
17th January 2008, 05:46 PM
Wouldn't that be Trillianaires?

JimBenArm
17th January 2008, 06:05 PM
Oh I get it, you're saying that we're in the Matrix.
What color pill am I supposed to take? I forgot.

OldTigerCub
17th January 2008, 07:18 PM
Whaaat? You mean there's not really a big room full of gold and silver and dollars and diamonds and rubies and emeralds and sapphires that I could get into and swim around and load with a steam shovel?

Now I AM mad.

Actually, yes there is...or rather there was...the duck beat you to it....
hEjarcR9duw

MaGZ
17th January 2008, 07:29 PM

Were do you get your information? John Birch Society?

CurtC
17th January 2008, 08:25 PM
The backup singers on the Heart o' Gold?

Nice. I see what you did there.

DarkMagician
17th January 2008, 08:30 PM

Both. And three more. At the same time.

cisco
17th January 2008, 10:05 PM
Funny. bwinwright has been back since I asked the question in post #103 but he hasn't answered it.

HawksFan
18th January 2008, 01:42 PM

If ya take enough of 'em, it really doesn't matter. :)

ElMondoHummus
18th January 2008, 02:10 PM
Funny. bwinwright has been back since I asked the question in post #103 but he hasn't answered it.

The conspiracy prone tend to do that. It's a lot easier to revel in the narrative than to face hard details that put their fantasies into doubt.

BenBurch
18th January 2008, 03:56 PM
If I ever wound up with more than I could ever spend, I think I'd have to do what Bill Gates is doing and find some useful way to make the world a better place.

Skeptic Guy
18th January 2008, 03:58 PM
Were do you get your information? John Birch Society?

I recently ran across an old envelope that I had used since I was a little kid to keep stamps in back when I was a collector. I had gotten from my grandmother who had worked for the family doctor we went to. It was from the John Birch Society and addressed to this doctor. It really made me sad.

BenBurch
18th January 2008, 05:04 PM
I recently ran across an old envelope that I had used since I was a little kid to keep stamps in back when I was a collector. I had gotten from my grandmother who had worked for the family doctor we went to. It was from the John Birch Society and addressed to this doctor. It really made me sad.

Well, I sort of give them a pass for all of that back then. The USSR really was frightening, and having a nuclear Sword of Damocles hanging over your heard 24/7 made even sane people a little paranoid and weird.

But they have no excuse now.

bynmdsue
18th January 2008, 05:06 PM
But they have no excuse now.

But they're backing Ron Paul!

BenBurch
18th January 2008, 06:13 PM
But they're backing Ron Paul!

My point.

Drudgewire
18th January 2008, 07:16 PM
If I ever wound up with more than I could ever spend, I think I'd have to do what Bill Gates is doing and find some useful way to make the world a better place.
4 Words: Bikini babe garbage collectors.

Travis
25th February 2008, 02:13 AM
I think next time I go to buy a car I'll offer to pay for it with secret money and see if they go for it.

Architect
25th February 2008, 02:17 AM
They have so effectively propagandized us through the mainstream media and the internet that the brightest and most energetic of us, you and me, are now arguing about what actually happened on 9/11. They have effectively instituted their divide and conquer tactic once again.

That's not a real word.

While we, the folks who contribute to this website, are among a very small percentage of people who actually give a damn about truth and justice and are trying to make a difference, they, the ruling elite, the trillionaires, have succeeded in dividing us and making us honestly dislike one another

Are those American or British Trillions?

And yes, honest dislike would be an appropriate description of some of my feelings right now.

aggle-rithm
25th February 2008, 05:52 AM
Are those American or British Trillions?

And how many myriads is that?

Travis
25th February 2008, 07:01 AM
I thought the UK used the short scale like the US does.

twinstead
25th February 2008, 07:06 AM
I always thought a British trillion was the same as an American billion. Or is it the other way around?

Myriad
25th February 2008, 07:07 AM
And how many myriads is that?

*Ahem,* allow me...

A U.S. trillion is a myriad of myriads of myriads. Or, another way of thinking about it: If you stack up a lot of little cubes to make a big cube that's 100 little cubes on an edge, your stack contains 100 myriad, or one million, little cubes (much like the "Million Box" that Daffy Duck accidentally gave away to Bugs Bunny in the 1963 classic, Million Hare). If you stack up a lot of little cubes to make a big cube that's a myriad little cubes on an edge, you have a myriad cubed (literally, in this case) little cubes, or a U.S. trillion of them.

A British trillion is 100 myriads of myriads of myriads of myriads, or 100 myriads of U.S. trillions, which makes it pretty much useless for discussing amounts of currency.

Respectfully,
Myriad

twinstead
25th February 2008, 07:09 AM
Wow.

GreNME
25th February 2008, 07:38 AM
I always thought a British trillion was the same as an American billion. Or is it the other way around?

I just thought the British stuck a few extraneous vowels in their trillion. Trillieonne, or something like that.

And they store it in aluminium. :p

CptColumbo
25th February 2008, 07:42 AM
Not including Heads of State? No, 56 billion looks like about the limit.What about in Pesos?

Elizabeth I
25th February 2008, 08:29 PM
I think next time I go to buy a car I'll offer to pay for it with secret money and see if they go for it.

See if they'll take Ameros...

Travis
26th February 2008, 12:26 AM
See if they'll take Ameros...

Secret Ameros the exact value of which is unknown to both the buyer and seller which makes financial transactions impossible thus leading to the reemergence of the barter system.

One barrel of lard for a wagon wheel and everything old is new again.

Unfit4Command
26th February 2008, 01:11 AM

It's a bit higher now according to the CIA World factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html#Econ) at 13.86 trillion.

I know this is a bit late. But still, to put the OP into more perspective, take a look at the size of several of the worlds biggest economies (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html).

I actually thought the claim of "secret money" was a joke at first, but wow, just wow.

Minadin
26th February 2008, 04:26 PM
Interesting factbook, Unfit4Command. I now know where to go to find out how long a yottameter is. (pretty long, it's 1x1024 meters or 621,371,000,000,000,000,000 miles) Now I just need to find something to measure in Ym.

Architect
26th February 2008, 04:44 PM
And they store it in aluminium. :p

It ill behoves a nation to change the spelling of a word because of a printing error, but heaven knows you Americans did it.........

JimBenArm
26th February 2008, 05:38 PM
Interesting factbook, Unfit4Command. I now know where to go to find out how long a yottameter is. (pretty long, it's 1x1024 meters or 621,371,000,000,000,000,000 miles) Now I just need to find something to measure in Ym.My ego is 7.34 Ym. And growing!

jhunter1163
26th February 2008, 06:10 PM
My ego is 7.34 Ym. And growing!

If you tell us how fast it's growing, we can calculate how long until it will fill the entire observable universe. Should just be a matter of a few days.

peteweaver
26th February 2008, 06:14 PM
Here's the man who rules the world.

He is the fat controller.

Even Thomas the tank (engine) is scared of him.
http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/1549047c4b95abfb4d.jpg (http://forums.randi.org/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=11037)

Slayhamlet
26th February 2008, 07:31 PM
It ill behoves a nation to change the spelling of a word because of a printing error, but heaven knows you Americans did it.........

Not true (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=aluminium&searchmode=none)..........

Dave Rogers
27th February 2008, 02:18 AM
Here's the man who rules the world.

He is the fat controller.

Even Thomas the tank (engine) is scared of him.
http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/1549047c4b95abfb4d.jpg (http://forums.randi.org/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=11037)

And we know that trains were involved in the collapse of the WTC towers:

http://loosetrains911.blogspot.com/

Pete, I think you're on to something here - Thomas the Tank Engine did 9-11!

Dave

Architect
27th February 2008, 02:55 AM
Not true (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=aluminium&searchmode=none)..........

True.....

Americans adopted -ium to fit the standard form of the periodic table of elements, for most of the nineteenth century, with aluminium appearing in Webster's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Webster) Dictionary of 1828. In 1892, however, Charles Martin Hall used the -um spelling in an advertising handbill for his new electrolytic method of producing the metal, despite his constant use of the -ium spelling in all the patents[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium#_note-Hall-patent) he filed between 1886 and 1903.[25] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium#_note-21) It has consequently been suggested that the spelling reflects an easier to pronounce word with one fewer syllable, or that the spelling on the flier was a spelling mistake. Hall's domination of production of the metal ensured that the spelling aluminum became the standard in North America; the Webster Unabridged Dictionary of 1913, though, continued to use the -ium version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium#Etymology