PDA

View Full Version : Loch Ness monster disappearance explained!

Abdul Alhazred
14th February 2008, 09:34 AM
Veteran Loch Ness Monster Hunter Gives Up (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/02/13/veteran-loch-ness-monster-hunter-gives-up-86908-20317853/)
Daily Record (UK)

LEGENDARY Nessie hunter Robert Rines is giving up his search for the monster after 37 years.

The 85-year-old American will make one last trip in a bid to find the elusive beast.

After almost four decades of fruitless expeditions, he admitted: "Unfortunately, I'm running out of age."

World War II veteran Robert has devoted almost half his life to scouring Loch Ness.

He started in 1971. The following year, he watched a 25ft-long hump with the texture of elephant skin gliding through the water.

Since then, he has been obsessed with tracking down the creature with a staggering array of hi-tech equipment. It was this gear that took the famous "flipper" picture that year which created a stir around the world.

So the man has some serious credibility when it comes to Loch-Ness-monster-ology. Right?

Despite having hundreds of sonar contacts over the years, the trail has since gone cold and Rines believes that Nessie may be dead, a victim of global warming.

http://skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/images/smiles/icon_neutral.gif

RSLancastr
14th February 2008, 10:09 AM
If we stop searching for Nessie, then the terrorists have won.

Drudgewire
14th February 2008, 11:03 AM
"Global warming?" I've never heard the Ice Age called that before. :p

Babbylonian
14th February 2008, 11:07 AM
The only way this story could get better is to add this: "and global warming is happening because of CIA weather control devices used to destroy USSR grain harvests, and we are going to hunt for those devices!"

Locknar
14th February 2008, 11:18 AM
Humm....first Montel's show ends, and now Nessie is MIA; they must be somehow connected! If only SB would tell us how *lol*

Jaggy Bunnet
14th February 2008, 01:51 PM
Nessie is fine and [echo on]I predict will make an appearance on the BBC news website in the month of April or May this year[echo off].

Around the time folk are booking holidays.

Pure coincidence of course.

Monza
14th February 2008, 02:03 PM
No doubt that global warming will affect Bigfoot as well. I suspect he will wander ever closer to the beaches of the Pacific Northwest in order to cool off in the water. Just in case he makes it to Hawaii, I plan to stake out a beach on Maui. We all have to do our part.

Lensman
14th February 2008, 02:10 PM
The real reason Nessie is missing is..........

I got hungry :drool: :blush:

kittynh
14th February 2008, 02:19 PM
At TAM5.5 they asked the speakers what woo belief they used to hold.

I was a real Loch Ness monster believer. Especially after the sonar photographs!

Then I went to Loch Ness and went, "ummm, you know someone would have noticed..."

Abdul Alhazred
14th February 2008, 03:46 PM

I was a real Loch Ness monster believer. Especially after the sonar photographs!

Then I went to Loch Ness and went, "ummm, you know someone would have noticed..."

Perhaps Nessie was on vacation when you were there.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/Abdul-Alhazred/Chicagoland%20Mail%20mirror/nessiebrooklynko7.jpg

Tricky
14th February 2008, 07:00 PM
Interviewer: So Robert, how does it feel to have wasted almost half of your life?

Olowkow
14th February 2008, 07:08 PM
Dead nessies don't float.

steve s
14th February 2008, 10:19 PM
He started in 1971. The following year, he watched a 25ft-long hump with the texture of elephant skin gliding through the water.

You'd think he would have brought a camera with him on his expeditions.:rolleyes:

Steve S.

Jaggy Bunnet
15th February 2008, 01:47 AM

Then I went to Loch Ness and...

...and that is all that matters.

Thank you for your custom. Please feel free to call again soon.

Rasmus
15th February 2008, 01:52 AM
...and that is all that matters.

It's a nice touristy are - with or without woo monsters in the water.

Jaggy Bunnet
15th February 2008, 04:44 AM
It's a nice touristy are - with or without woo monsters in the water.

Yep. However the media coverage that it gets from Nessie would cost a hell of a lot if they actually had to pay for it.

Lilith
15th February 2008, 05:40 PM
Does this mean that Champ is gone, too? What about Raystown Ray? Aw, c'mon!