PDA

View Full Version : What is Crackamite?

TruthByDecree
27th May 2008, 03:17 PM
http://www.crackamite.com/crackamite.html

Crackamite is a soundless, non-explosive and safe demolition agent, which is quite different from ordinary demolition agents such as explosives and dangerous materials.It does not cause any explosion, noise, ground vibration, gas, dust or any other environmental pollution when used properly.

Crackamite is a non-toxic powder consisting of oxides of calcium, silicon and aluminum. The chemical composition of Crack-a-mite is a powder consisting of an inorganic compound made mainly of a special kind of silicate and an organic compound. Crackamite does not contain any harmful components.

How does this stuff work chemically speaking? Could the WTC have stood with this stuff drilled into the floors until the upper block fell or something shook the building? What effect would compromising the concrete floors have on the steel columns and the ability of the building to remain standing? Immediate? And calcium, silicon, and aluminum, wouldn’t be anything considered unusual if detected afterwards would it?

applecorped
27th May 2008, 03:20 PM
It is something that truthers smoke regularly.

DGM
27th May 2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.crackamite.com/crackamite.html

How does this stuff work chemically speaking? Could the WTC have stood with this stuff drilled into the floors until the upper block fell or something shook the building? What effect would compromising the concrete floors have on the steel columns and the ability of the building to remain standing? Immediate? And calcium, silicon, and aluminum, wouldn’t be anything considered unusual if detected afterwards would it?
Hiding the thousands of holes you would need to drill in the concrete would be tough. Wouldn't be something no one would notice.

ETA It expands with lots of pressure.
http://www.crackamite.com/working.html

T.A.M.
27th May 2008, 03:22 PM
one problem...best I can tell from the site you linked, it does squat with STEEL.

TAM:)

beachnut
27th May 2008, 03:24 PM
lol

You better apply for a Pulitzer Prize. Wait; darn; the WTC was built with steel. Darn. You almost had the Prize.

T.A.M.
27th May 2008, 03:25 PM
It is something that truthers smoke regularly.

not sure they wanna put it in a bong though...lol

Brainache
27th May 2008, 03:26 PM
AS far as I can tell the concrete in the towers didn't play any part in the structural support system. It wasn't holding anything up, so breaking it apart wouldn't make anything fall down. Am I wrong?

ElMondoHummus
27th May 2008, 03:26 PM
Zensmack's already tried to pass that one off, and Alt+F4 responded here:
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=2870574#post2870574

Par
27th May 2008, 03:27 PM
What is Crackamite?

http://www.justhungry.com/images/marmite_vegemite_crackers.jpg

T.A.M.
27th May 2008, 03:29 PM
AS far as I can tell the concrete in the towers didn't play any part in the structural support system. It wasn't holding anything up, so breaking it apart wouldn't make anything fall down. Am I wrong?

You are correct, IIRC. The OP, however, is a wonderful example of trying to find anything to make the incongruent, ever increasingly complex truther narrative a little less so.

Sword_Of_Truth
27th May 2008, 03:29 PM
What is Crackamite?

Dolemite's evil white counterpart from the anti-matter universe?

Pato2747
27th May 2008, 03:32 PM
Marble, granite, limestone, plain concrete, reinforced concrete, boulders, and ledge are fractured overnight without noise, vibration, or flying debris.

Do you see "steel" there? Also, look at "fractured overnight". If it takes a night long to fracture steel, then it would have taken a helluva long time to crack steel. Besides, if steel started to crack a day or two before 9/11, it could have been noticed.

ElMondoHummus
27th May 2008, 03:38 PM
Let's also consider its mechanism:

After Crackamite is poured into holes drilled in rocks or concrete, the expansive stress gradually increases with time, and reaches to more than 11,000 T/m2 at room temperature after 24 hours. As Crackamite generates its expansive stress, the material to be cracked undergoes a process of (1) crack initiation, (2) crack propagation, (3) the increase of crack width. Therefore, this fracture mechanism is distinguished from a breakage by blasting.

The mechanism by the expansive stress of Crackamite is shown in Fig. 1. Cracks initiate from an inner surface of the hole, being caused by tensile stress at a right angle with the compressive stress that occurs by the expansive stress of Crackamite. The expansive stress of Crackamite continues even after the appearance of cracks, the cracks propagate and also new cracks initiate during the process. Usually, for a single hole, 2 - 4 cracks initiate and propagate. When a free surface exists, the crack, as shown in Fig. 2, is pushed apart mainly by the shear stress, and a secondary crack also arises from the bottom of the hole running toward the free surface.

When multiple numbers of holes are filled with Crackamite, that are properly adjacent to each other, the cracks from the hole propagate to connect with the neighboring holes, as shown in Fig. 3. It is therefore possible to determine the directions of the cracks as planned by appropriately arranging the hole spacing and its depth and its inclination.

(Illustrations refered to in quote located here: http://www.crackamite.com/working.html).

So, it doesn't explode, it expands. And it takes a long time (hours, according to the link). Not to mention the fact that it's a material that works based on the premise that the material will react like rock (concrete, marble, etc.) and not like metal (steel would deform to absorb expansion of such a material).

I can go on, but the bottom line is that this material does not fit the observations made at the World Trade Center.

rwguinn
27th May 2008, 03:42 PM
Let's also consider its mechanism:

(Illustrations refered to in quote located here: http://www.crackamite.com/working.html).

So, it doesn't explode, it expands. And it takes a long time (hours, according to the link). Not to mention the fact that it's a material that works based on the premise that the material will react like rock (concrete, marble, etc.) and not like metal (steel would deform to absorb expansion of such a material).

I can go on, but the bottom line is that this material does not fit the observations made at the World Trade Center.

Relatively rapid "Freeze-thaw" program, without the "Thaw" part being necessary, since you drill the hole to start with...

gtc
27th May 2008, 03:46 PM
Crackamite was an unsuccessful attempt by the NWO to market mind control drugs to Australians in the guise of Vegemite infused Cheese Crackers. Unfortunately the NWO chose to use a cheaper generic brand of vegemite instead of the real macoy and Crackamites were, rightfully, shunned by the Australian public.

Myriad
27th May 2008, 03:55 PM
Based on the usage recommendations for "plain concrete" at the Crackamite site, it appears that all that would be required would be about 600 metric tons of Crackamite, and a few 1-1/2" diameter holes.

By "a few," I mean about 8 million (conservative estimate). For one tower.

So, if a workman can drill a hole in one minute and fill it with Crackamite in another minute, then a crew of 100 can destroy the floor slabs of one tower in just under a year of 8-hour night shifts. And hope nobody notices the floors being lumpy all year, since there's no way to delay "setting it off."

And the effect of all that on the structural integrity of the towers would be minimal. In fact, if all the concrete flooring had been removed (not just broken up) before the attacks, the towers might not have collapsed at all (especially since all the tenants would have moved out due to the massive amounts of concrete dust from the drilling, taking all their heavy and combustible stuff with them).

Respectfully,
Myriad

ETA: Oh dear, it appears that TruthByDecree is no longer with us. You could'a socked -- I mean knocked -- me over with a feather. I'm socked -- I mean shocked -- that such violations of the Member Agreement have taken place under our unsuspecting noses.

Foolmewunz
27th May 2008, 04:09 PM
Crackamite was an unsuccessful attempt by the NWO to market mind control drugs to Australians in the guise of Vegemite infused Cheese Crackers. Unfortunately the NWO chose to use a cheaper generic brand of vegemite instead of the real macoy and Crackamites were, rightfully, shunned by the Australian public.

Actually, I'd heard that it was developed by Thyssen money in the early '40s by Prescott Bush and Manuel Noriega's great uncle, Umbilico Noriega. The idea was that after the war Germany and the US were going to need an alternative to the pervasive Commonwealth facination with (nay, addiction to) disgusting foodstuffs ending in m-i-t-e, and Crackamite was thought to be the answer.

There had been earlier efforts to develop, with T-Thant (U-Thant's father... coincidence, you say? I think not), Smackamite, but the formula proved unstable... the testers kept nodding off.

Now, we know the answer to the oft-asked question in Sunday School.... Why does God give us peanut butter?

Wolrab
27th May 2008, 04:14 PM
Wouldn't that be "hella-dolemite"

Björn Toulouse
27th May 2008, 04:26 PM
Bye now. See you in your next incarnation (http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=3738624&postcount=1).

BenBurch
27th May 2008, 04:27 PM
not sure they wanna put it in a bong though...lol

Waste of a good bong, for sure.

Those are hard to come by any more.

BenBurch
27th May 2008, 04:29 PM
Bye now. See you in your next incarnation (http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=3738624&postcount=1).

Oh darn. Just when he was getting to be fun.

ElMondoHummus
27th May 2008, 04:38 PM
Zensmack's already tried to pass that one off, and Alt+F4 responded here:
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=2870574#post2870574

ETA: Oh dear, it appears that TruthByDecree is no longer with us. You could'a socked -- I mean knocked -- me over with a feather. I'm socked -- I mean shocked -- that such violations of the Member Agreement have taken place under our unsuspecting noses.

Oh darn. Just when he was getting to be fun.

You know, I always thought that LC was Zensmack's sock; his disdain of Meigs and Blanchard read so similarly. And if TBD was LC's sock, that explains where the Crackamite post came from.

If I'm right, this just goes to show you that these arguments aren't trotted out with any seriousness, but rather that the fantasy peddlers are just trying to be argumentative. I see less concern for the truth than for imposing a narrative in their posts.

Finnegan
27th May 2008, 04:41 PM
You know, I always thought that LC was Zensmack's sock; his disdain of Meigs and Blanchard read so similarly. And if TBD was LC's sock, that explains where the Crackamite post came from.

If I'm right, this just goes to show you that these arguments aren't trotted out with any seriousness, but rather that the fantasy peddlers are just trying to be argumentative. I see less concern for the truth than for imposing a narrative in their posts.

It was predicted before. All we need is PDoherty to (metaphorically) reveal himself and that poster - whoever he or she was - can proceed to the skepticism section to be judged as a psychic.

BenBurch
27th May 2008, 04:41 PM

Trutherism; An Army Of One.

Magenta
27th May 2008, 04:51 PM

There is only One True Spread. :cool:

That was quick - I hadn't even got around to adding that one to my ignore list.

Finnegan
27th May 2008, 05:09 PM
There's a pattern emerging.

With ever new sock-puppet the ingenious fellow attempts to confuse us by acting even sillier.

Alferd_Packer
27th May 2008, 05:24 PM

If any of the engineers here wish to correct me, please do so. As I understand it, the composit floors (concrete AND floor trusses) played an integral part in the strucutral support of the building. The stiffness of the floors strengthend the exterior walls and distibuted lateral loads across all four wals and the core.

When the floors began to sag and fail, the exterior walls bowed in leading to the collapse.

1337m4n
27th May 2008, 05:31 PM
From the description, it doesn't seem to be something that can be "remote detonated". You actually need somebody manually mixing and pouring the compound, at which point it apparently starts working automatically.

If this were used in WTC the perps would have had to get out of there mighty fast.

However, I commend you for actually thinking of an alternative instead of continuing to play the JAQ-off game. My respect for you has jumped by a few points, TBD.

1337m4n
27th May 2008, 05:33 PM
My respect for you has jumped by a few points, TBD.

Truthbydecree has been banned as a sockpuppet of LastChild.

If anyone needs me, I'll be committing suicide.

Redtail
27th May 2008, 06:18 PM

THANK YOU!!!! (Whew I'm glad somebody said it):D

boloboffin
27th May 2008, 07:05 PM
Crackamite? Crackamite what? Haul off and vote for Barack Obama?

:duck:

Magenta
27th May 2008, 07:56 PM
If anyone needs me, I'll be committing suicide.

Maybe your sock detector needs recalibrating? :)

27th May 2008, 08:41 PM
Truthbydecree was a sock of LostChild who was a sock of Zensmack.

And he posts the same previously debunked crap.

sad.

ElMondoHummus
27th May 2008, 09:07 PM
Truthbydecree was a sock of LostChild who was a sock of Zensmack.

And he posts the same previously debunked crap.

sad.

Wait, wait, wait... I said I thought. I never was in any position to actually prove it. Granted, I think you'll come to the same conclusion if you read some of Zen's last posts and LC's first ones, especially the ones in the thread where I defend Blanchard's and Meigs's reputations, but my point here is that I guessed/inferred/believed LC was a sock for Zen. I don't believe that was ever established, and IIRC, LC denied my accusation.

Sorry to be picky about this, but I'm just trying to live by the same standards I expect out of truthers, so I sorta feel compelled. No offense.

OldTigerCub
27th May 2008, 10:31 PM
RATS!!!!
Everyone already beat me to the best punch-lines!!:mad: (but I'll give it a go):p
Krak-a-mite: (noun) The substance smoked while trying to explain that which has already been explained. Most usually sold by snake-oil salesmen under the street name of "9-11 Truth". Hallucinogenic by nature, it may bring on delusions of superior knowledge along with feelings of persecution.
Note: use of such substances can cause reduced mental capacity, rejection by peers, failure to grasp reality and "lack of gainful employment syndrome" (see "Mom's Basement Internetitis")

R.Mackey
27th May 2008, 11:03 PM
All kidding aside...

The effect of "crackamite" is similar to the effect of thermal expansion. We actually expect things quite like this in -- wait for it -- building fires. If you accept this stuff could do the job, you also have to accept that fires could do the job. Oooops.

Quarriers have used similar techniques, often with wooden wedges and water, arguably since before the dawn of the human species, so I suppose it's only natural for the Truth Movement to find out about it at last. This "crackamite" is simply an update on this most ancient technology, albeit one with a cool name.

Brainster
27th May 2008, 11:33 PM
It's what you see when Bat-Mite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat-Mite) is working under the sink.

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/9777483cfc9d46b8d.jpg (http://forums.randi.org/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=12378)

fullflavormenthol
27th May 2008, 11:41 PM
Beat me to it!

BenBurch
28th May 2008, 01:58 AM
... Quarriers have used similar techniques, ...

Trees have been doing it longer... :)

peteweaver
28th May 2008, 02:21 AM
Crackamite is a like a catamite, but from Alabama and dresses up in a pointy hood.

Disbelief
28th May 2008, 05:51 AM
Wait, wait, wait... I said I thought. I never was in any position to actually prove it. Granted, I think you'll come to the same conclusion if you read some of Zen's last posts and LC's first ones, especially the ones in the thread where I defend Blanchard's and Meigs's reputations, but my point here is that I guessed/inferred/believed LC was a sock for Zen. I don't believe that was ever established, and IIRC, LC denied my accusation.

Sorry to be picky about this, but I'm just trying to live by the same standards I expect out of truthers, so I sorta feel compelled. No offense.

In the protest thread, Wastrel (banned after one post) admitted that LC was in fact Zen. To me, it was obvious by his posting of articles that either had nothing to do with the topic or debunked his point. There are plenty more of his puppets around, it's just a matter of time until they surface or are discovered. Kind of like "Whack-a- Mole."

ElMondoHummus
28th May 2008, 06:25 AM
In the protest thread, Wastrel (banned after one post) admitted that LC was in fact Zen. To me, it was obvious by his posting of articles that either had nothing to do with the topic or debunked his point. There are plenty more of his puppets around, it's just a matter of time until they surface or are discovered. Kind of like "Whack-a- Mole."

Ah. Okay. Good to know; I don't remember reading that thread (although I don't remember reading a lot of threads here, only to end up perusing them and tripping over some of my own posts. So take my recollection with a grain of salt :)). Anyway, like I said, if I'm going to demand distinction between inference and actual proof, I need to practice that level of discernment as well. Otherwise, I'm not living up to my own standard.

Thanks for the info.

Dave Rogers
28th May 2008, 06:50 AM
The OP, however, is a wonderful example of trying to find anything to make the incongruent, ever increasingly complex truther narrative a little less so.

Don't you mean "a little more so"?

Dave

Disbelief
28th May 2008, 08:04 AM
Ah. Okay. Good to know; I don't remember reading that thread (although I don't remember reading a lot of threads here, only to end up perusing them and tripping over some of my own posts. So take my recollection with a grain of salt :)). Anyway, like I said, if I'm going to demand distinction between inference and actual proof, I need to practice that level of discernment as well. Otherwise, I'm not living up to my own standard.

Thanks for the info.

No problem. Even though I would have bet a paycheck that LC was in fact Zen, you are correct that it was not proven until admitted to. However, it does make for a new sig for me and I imagine that I will continue to add to it in the future.

Par
28th May 2008, 11:39 AM
Truthbydecree has been banned as a sockpuppet of LastChild.

Pfft. Daaays ago:

TruthByDecree, speculate as to how thermate would be used to demolish the towers. How would it be done, in other words?I don’t think that LastChild is likely to do anything that could be perceived as substantiating his conspiracy theories.

They should make me a moderator. (I’m only joking. I’d be terrible.)

Par
28th May 2008, 11:41 AM
Zensmack (LastChild, Laughing Assassin, Wastrel, TruthbyDecree) - Working his way up the sock puppet chain, trying to overtake P'Doh. Or, are they the same?

You're missing "Razetheflag".

Disbelief
28th May 2008, 04:58 PM
You're missing "Razetheflag".

Thanks. I had it and for some reason removed it while I was changing it.

Edit:
Boy, that was a crappy sentence! I accidentally removed the name while changing my sig.

T.A.M.
28th May 2008, 05:43 PM
Don't you mean "a little more so"?

Dave

No. I meant that they were attempting to find a product ALREADY IN EXISTENCE, that filled their need to have a silent explosive readily available and usable in this fashion. Thermite is not working out for them, so this guy went with crackamite. It makes it a little simpler, less complex for them, if they can find a product already in existence that fills up the holes in their complex story, rather then just label it "Silent Explosive X"...lol