PDA

View Full Version : Fashionably Late June 2008 Stundies

Unsecured Coins
11th July 2008, 12:18 PM
Sorry, I was letting work get in the way of my job. Anway, Get to crackin votin'!

1 - theauthor -

Do you have any evidence that most truthers cry "911 was an inside job!"?

2 - SPreston
The decoy aircraft flew over the Navy Annex and north of the Citgo according to multiple eyewitnesses, and did not hit the Pentagon, and must have flown over the Pentagon or just disappeared with a cloaking device

3 - HumanCattle
David Icke is 78.5% correct about everything, and I support what he's doing. He's one of the hardest working conspiracy theorists out there. Have you seen the size of his books? Not to mention his epic 7hour+ lectures!

4 - christophera

Every phenomena explained in detail. All it depends upon is the infiltration of the US government before 1966 by a faction capable and secrecy adequate to design and construct such building for the purpose of eventual demolition.

5 - ronpaulisright
The AP article came from my thoughts. Which are always right.

6 - jammonious

There was one witness who confirmed my assessment that GZ was <1 storey; albeit, that witness said 1 to 2 storeys:

7 - zweifler

I know it´s the image from 9-11, ´cause i was sitting that day & that time on a computer. When i read in the T.V.-scroller that the WTC was hit by a plane i searched a webcam showing the WTC. I tried almost 30 cams and every cam was full - except this one. I had to wait about 4 minutes for a refreshed version and when the funny blurry spot appeared i made a screenshot and saved it. After 2 years of casually watching the pic i recognized the clouds.

8- Galileo
none of the 19 alleged hijackers had an open casket funeral.

9 - Steven Ciapanna
Explosions are caused by BOMBS, nothing else. The explosions fire makes sound completely different than the ones bombs make. Fires in the buildings do not make explosiosns like that, sorry.

10 - Mahatma Coat
No please tell us how you detonate a nuclear weapon with the blast radius of one city block that doesn't create a EMP pulse, or lead to a massive dose of radiation that would still be evident at ground zero today? Mahatma Coat
Very carefully

Viper Daimao
11th July 2008, 02:42 PM
tough one this month. #10 is great delivery though.

MarkCorrigan
11th July 2008, 03:29 PM
It has to be 3.

ANYONE who claims David sodding Icke is right 78.5% of the time needs to be locked away and medicated.

What a bizzarely accurate figure. Why not just say "About 80%"? Did this person evaluate everything Icke said and do the maths?

It's just all around weird.

Gaspode
11th July 2008, 03:54 PM
So difficult to choose. What a great selection this month. The Truth Movement is alive and well and producing much stupid.

Voted for jammonius because that is a classic Stundie.

fitzgibbon
11th July 2008, 04:08 PM
So many contenders, such a tough choice. I mean SPreston and the Klingon connection sets the bar high with a strong start. jammonious and the 1 storey>GZ<1-2 storeys gives it a run for its money and Mahatma Coat's bit is something I'd have expected on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. However, it was Galileo's 'open casket funeral' line that connected my palm with my forehead with the most force

Elizabeth I
11th July 2008, 06:00 PM
I also had to go with Galileo, because when it was first posted, my reaction was, "...wait...what?"

How did christophera get in this month's Stundies? He's been gone for quite a while.

defaultdotxbe
11th July 2008, 06:09 PM
How did christophera get in this month's Stundies? He's been gone for quite a while.
i think it came from another forum, its a big internet out there :)

Blender Head
11th July 2008, 06:28 PM
I'm stuck between 5,6 and 9.

Horatius
11th July 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm stuck between 5,6 and 9.

6!6!6!

Not only is it Evil, but the self-debunking is the epitome of Stundieness!

6!6!6!

Hokulele
11th July 2008, 07:52 PM
Jammonius and his redefinition of "confirmed" which meshes nicely with his redefinition of "flat".

gumboot
11th July 2008, 08:08 PM
I had to go with Jammonius.

While comments by others were delicious in their perceived stupidity, I had to give them the benefit of the doubt:

"open casket funeral" - could be extreme sarcasm, point being short of an open casket funeral we can't really be sure the people who died are who it's claimed died.

"very carefully" - just has to get credit for the pristine comedy timing of that statement.

So six it is!

gumboot
11th July 2008, 08:09 PM
By the way, I thought we ammended the Stundie voting so that the name of the nominee would not be given, ensuring that we voted based on the merits of their work, not on personality.

I wouldn't want the Stundies to go the way of the Oscars and become a dispopularity competition.

Bobert
11th July 2008, 08:24 PM
Is that a CT book in your pants or are you just happy to see me!

defaultdotxbe
11th July 2008, 08:39 PM
By the way, I thought we ammended the Stundie voting so that the name of the nominee would not be given, ensuring that we voted based on the merits of their work, not on personality.

I wouldn't want the Stundies to go the way of the Oscars and become a dispopularity competition.
that was under moby7, clearly our new premier is enacting a policy of de-mobyization

Sword_Of_Truth
12th July 2008, 05:36 PM
There is a festering mass of truly classic stupidity among this months nominations.

Despite the extreme idiocy by the other nominees, I feel obligated to vote for the one I nominated (Steven Ciapannas "Explosions are only caused by BOMBS").

To the other nominees, if they are watching, you are truly all a bunch of @#$%ing idiots. And if you keep blundering around the intarwebz thinking you know all and tripping over your own tongues, you will eventually win your Stundie...

...or a Darwin. :p

Unsecured Coins
12th July 2008, 08:42 PM
by the way, starting... tomorrow I will be out in the field engaging the feared Plywoodian Armor Battalion for the next two weeks. Somebody, I don't care who, but someone gets to take care of the awards presentation this month. If you're going to have a battle royale over it, all I ask for is video of said donnybrook.

gdnp
12th July 2008, 09:06 PM
Sorry, had to go with "open casket". Lots of them made me shake my head, but this is the only one that made me laugh out loud and tell my wife.

eromitlab
13th July 2008, 01:24 AM
Got to go with ronpaulisright reaching unheard-of levels of wrong.

LashL
13th July 2008, 03:01 PM
Tough decision this month, but after careful consideration (okay, a coin toss), I had to go with jammonius.

Dave Rogers
13th July 2008, 04:37 PM
I don't know whether I'm developing some kind of immunity, but most of this month's entries look like tongue-in-cheek remarks from truthers with a sense of humour.

Jammonius is, of course, an exception. The style is unmistakeable. A poster who can quote a piece of evidence disagreeing with their pet theory, admit that it disagrees with the theory, then cite it as proof of the theory in the same sentence is something really special.

Dave

LordoftheLeftHand
14th July 2008, 06:48 AM
I don't know, that cloaking device one is pretty good.

LLH

Metullus
14th July 2008, 01:41 PM
...tongue-in-cheek remarks from truthers with a sense of humour.

Dave, with all due respect, that comment might be Stundy material.

And I voted "open casket". Because he was serious...

Myron Proudfoot
14th July 2008, 02:25 PM
And I voted "open casket". Because he was serious..

I agree. Some of the others are insane or show a lack of self-awareness, but "open caskets" was jaw-dropping. ("Bombs" was a close second in my mind though.)

Sabrina
14th July 2008, 05:51 PM
Had to go with jammonius.

The level of stupid in that post is just.... mind-boggling.

danielk
15th July 2008, 03:48 AM
Hm, quite a few of these read like intentional humor; lacking the usual giveaways. If I were new to the forum I'd probably think you're all being dense for not getting it. :D

I have to go with zweifler's illustration of the classic truther thought process. It's all there: elaborate, yet inconclusive and ultimately nonsensical, and a brilliant anti-climax: "After 2 years of casually watching the pic i recognized the clouds."

That sentence alone would have qualified for a stundie. I'm still trying to mentally picture the scene.

Dave Rogers
15th July 2008, 06:05 AM
Dave, with all due respect, that comment might be Stundy material.

Come on, there are some truthers with a sense of humour. There's Max Photon for one, and, er...

OK, maybe the plural was a bit much.

Dave

Evilgiraffe
15th July 2008, 07:14 AM
It was a tough call between SPreston and jammonious. After much umm-ing and ahh-ing, I had to come down on the side of same sentence self-debunking. Invoking cloaking devices may be a delusional but at least it's a self-consistent delusion.

jammonious ftw!

Cuddles
15th July 2008, 07:35 AM
I had to go with Jammonious for not only trying to prove something utterly nonsensical, but also debunking it in the same sentence.

Steven Ciapanna came close with his "Only bombs cause explosions because explosions caused by other things look different", but the delivery just wasn't quite good enough. Theauthor also gave a good showing, and I'm surprised he hasn't had more loving for basically denying the entire reason the truth movement exists in the first place, but since I didn't vote for him either maybe it's not all that surprising. I'm not even convinced Mahatma Coat should be in there. That's exactly what I'd have said if I'd got there first, so I'm pretty sure it was a joke, no matter what he actually believes.

Viper Daimao
15th July 2008, 12:10 PM
Hm, quite a few of these read like intentional humor; lacking the usual giveaways. If I were new to the forum I'd probably think you're all being dense for not getting it. :D

I have to go with zweifler's illustration of the classic truther thought process. It's all there: elaborate, yet inconclusive and ultimately nonsensical, and a brilliant anti-climax: "After 2 years of casually watching the pic i recognized the clouds."

That sentence alone would have qualified for a stundie. I'm still trying to mentally picture the scene.

If I recall the stundie thing about that post was that the picture he was referring to was one he found on sept 11th thinking it came from a live web cam, but the date on the photo clearly showed it was just a picture up on the web taken in 2000.

Skeptic Guy
15th July 2008, 12:25 PM
I have to vote for Theauthor. I mean to deny the whole reason for The Troofers is priceless.

Loss Leader
15th July 2008, 12:29 PM
Please don't vote for Christophera. His longstanding mental illness does not make him a good candidate for ridicule.

Sabrina
15th July 2008, 06:37 PM
So far jammonius is the runaway favorite... will he remain so?

Stay tuned! *G*

Foolmewunz
18th July 2008, 03:10 AM
Jammonius.

I wanted to vote otherwise, but disqualified them for illegal polling near an election place.

Chris Brown's statement was made somewhere else earlier, I'm nearly certain.

Galileo was probably trying to be sarcastic and/or working the nominations just to get more attention.

And Human Cattle, by the brilliant juxtaposition of b.s. statistics (78.5%, indeed!) and gobsmacked awe... I mean look at the size of those books, man!... Just strikes me as a put on.

So Jammonius by a nose.

dudalb
18th July 2008, 01:51 PM
Really tough choice.
For stupid, ronpaulisright or Galileo.
For Crazy, the Star Trek Cloaking device .
Let's eliminate the Star Trek cloaking device out of pity for insanity, and I will do a Two Face and flip a coing between ronpaulisright and Galileo.
ronpaulisright wins..probably becuase of the incredible arrogance of his comment.

Wildy
21st July 2008, 06:10 AM
Chris Brown's statement was made somewhere else earlier, I'm nearly certain.

You're right. Except that he uses that statement whenever he posts his C&P post.

NobbyNobbs
21st July 2008, 12:12 PM
I've never paid much attention the the Stundies before, much less voted for them. When I read the list here, my first reaction was, "How am I supposed to choose just one?!"

I ended up with Jammonius, for reasons others have outlined above.