PDA

View Full Version : Enquirer: Track Palin Used Drugs

Brainster
10th September 2008, 11:07 AM
Just thought I'd throw this one out there (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/_palin_family_shockers_what_sarahs_really_hiding/celebrity/65407). It appears that the Enquirer is pushing a different story than Sarah's supposed affair this weekend (although they do hint at shocking new details in the newsstand copy).

The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively that Sarah's oldest son, Track, was addicted to the power drug OxyContin for nearly the past two years, snorting it, eating it, smoking it and even injecting it. And as Track, 19, heads to Iraq as part of the U.S. armed forces, Sarah and her husband Todd were powerless to stop his wild antics, detailed in the new issue of The ENQUIRER, which goes on sale today.

THE ENQUIRER also has exclusive details about Track's use of other drugs, including cocaine, and his involvement in a notorious local vandalism incident.

Oh, my. A teenager used drugs and was involved in vandalism? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

rjwould
10th September 2008, 11:30 AM
Just thought I'd throw this one out there (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/_palin_family_shockers_what_sarahs_really_hiding/celebrity/65407). It appears that the Enquirer is pushing a different story than Sarah's supposed affair this weekend (although they do hint at shocking new details in the newsstand copy).

Oh, my. A teenager used drugs and was involved in vandalism? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!Well, I did the same things when I was a young lad. However, I had no guidance from my parents or older siblings. I personally don't hold any resentment towards my parents for not being there for me and engaging or challenging me more, but I certainly would not be voting for either one for the highest office in the land, or even VP for that matter. The fact is that children's actions and behavior reflect parental upbringing.

Palins son is her oldest and some room for rookie parenting is given, but we also see her daughter became pregnant. And to a guy that in no way would have made it past my front door twice. Palin wasn't there to protect either one of her children from misadventure.

I had some problems with my oldest years ago. However, you can be assured that my wife and I learned and had beaten the other 4 to the punch many times before they were able to find trouble lurking for them. Parenting is a full time job, and one that the Palin's may have taken too lightly. That happens to many a good family though. But in the case of the Palins, Sarah seemed to be more interested in her own political career rather than that of her children's need for guidance.

Now, some might ask why its up to the mother to do that job. It isn't necessarily. In a two parent household that gets negotiated. I have been a stay at home dad for the past 18 years while my wife worked outside the home. Since Mr. Palin was the bread winner, Mrs Palin should have sacrificed her ambitions for the better of the family...She didn't do that....and that makes her selfish, incompetent and immature...:)

senorpogo
10th September 2008, 11:34 AM
notorious local vandalism incident

so stupid

plumjam
10th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Track Palin ? What sort of a name is that?
Sounds more like a ...ing fence next to a railway than it does a human being.

David Wong
10th September 2008, 11:38 AM
Who the hell is Track Palin?

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 11:42 AM
Why did you post this. Not even slightly relevant.

mortimer
10th September 2008, 11:45 AM
:dl:

senorpogo
10th September 2008, 11:49 AM

If it's true, I think it is relevant. It shows a good deal of hypocrisy. Kids like her son are in jail right now for doing the same drugs he (supposedly) used and which she feels should remain illegal.

mortimer
10th September 2008, 11:54 AM
If it's true, I think it is relevant. It shows a good deal of hypocrisy. Kids like her son are in jail right now for doing the same drugs he (supposedly) used and which she feels should remain illegal.
Which is more relevant: drug use by a VP candidate's kid, or drug use by a Presidential candidate?

senorpogo
10th September 2008, 11:58 AM
Which is more relevant: drug use by a VP candidate's kid, or drug use by a Presidential candidate?

A Presidential candidate. That does mean the first isn't relevant.

Seeing how this is a thread about drug use by VP candidate's kid, what's your point? If you want to talk about Obama's drug use or Palin's marijuana use or whatever, go start that thread.

Alferd_Packer
10th September 2008, 12:00 PM
If the story is true, and Track is an oxy addict, then he has a hard road ahead of him.

rjwould
10th September 2008, 12:02 PM
Which is more relevant: drug use by a VP candidate's kid, or drug use by a Presidential candidate?They are both relevant. However, theres a big difference between a so called drug which should not be outlawed (cannabis) and others that are clearly chemicals. I'll take a pot smoking president over one high on religion or nationalism anytime.

mortimer
10th September 2008, 12:29 PM
A Presidential candidate. That does mean the first isn't relevant.

Seeing how this is a thread about drug use by VP candidate's kid, what's your point? If you want to talk about Obama's drug use or Palin's marijuana use or whatever, go start that thread.
No, you're right. I just found your implication that perhaps Track should be jailed to be a bit over the top. I've not seen anyone suggest Obama ought to be in jail for his admitted cocaine use.

Alferd_Packer
10th September 2008, 12:29 PM
Track Palin ? What sort of a name is that?
Sounds more like a ...ing fence next to a railway than it does a human being.

God, I hate people that give their kids "cute" names.

Track, Bristol, Piper, Willow and Trig. Bletch. . .

mortimer
10th September 2008, 12:30 PM
They are both relevant. However, theres a big difference between a so called drug which should not be outlawed (cannabis) and others that are clearly chemicals. I'll take a pot smoking president over one high on religion or nationalism anytime.
Obama admitted to cocaine use as well as marijuana use.

Alferd_Packer
10th September 2008, 12:32 PM
Oh, and this is the vandalism incident that he was "allegedly" involved with.

http://frontiersman.com/articles/2005/12/06/news/news2.txt

rjwould
10th September 2008, 12:32 PM
Obama admitted to cocaine use as well as marijuana use.Thats big of him...Is he addicted? BTW, whats that guy behind you doing?

Alferd_Packer
10th September 2008, 12:35 PM
Obama admitted to cocaine use as well as marijuana use.

Anyone between the ages of 35 and 60 that denies using/trying pot and or coke is either a liar or a total social recluse.

boloboffin
10th September 2008, 12:37 PM

http://frontiersman.com/articles/2005/12/06/news/news2.txt

If that's the incident, then Track was the 16-year-old who stole the bottle of vodka for them and racked up the other charges. It gets cold when you're vandalizing buses!

He seems to have straightened out. Water under the bridge.

Brainster
10th September 2008, 12:39 PM
Howie Kurtz said the rumors were bogus a few days ago (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090800684.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns):

Campaign officials were deluged with questions from reputable news outlets about the governor's amniotic fluid, the timing of her contractions and whether she would take a DNA test to establish the baby's parentage, not to mention bogus charges about her son being a drug abuser. There's an important distinction here -- mainstream outlets have not given such rumors any credence -- but that is lost on frustrated McCain aides who have to ask Palin about each new line of inquiry.

Not sure what information Howie has on that topic.

rjwould
10th September 2008, 12:41 PM

http://frontiersman.com/articles/2005/12/06/news/news2.txtToo bad we cannot be more lenient as a culture and have the faith in the parents making this right with their sons. Sounds like these boys wll have criminal records for the rest of their lives.

I made similar mistakes why back when I was young and thankfully I was not treated in such an official manner. That fact has let me reconcile my life without a stain which could have interfered in so many ways.

Brainster
10th September 2008, 12:46 PM
Too bad we cannot be more lenient as a culture and have the faith in the parents making this right with their sons. Sounds like these boys wll have criminal records for the rest of their lives.

Nope. The three underage kids will have or have had their records automatically expunged when they turn 18.

XBoxWarrior
10th September 2008, 12:47 PM
The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively that Sarah's oldest son, Track, was addicted to the power drug OxyContin for nearly the past two years, snorting it, eating it, smoking it and even injecting it.

Well he's a way better addict than Rush Limbaugh...Rush was just eating them like candy?
Couldn't Rush stick a needle in his fat arm?

(CNN) -- Rush Limbaugh announced on his radio program Friday that he is addicted to pain medication and that he is checking himself into a treatment center immediately.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/10/10/rush.limbaugh/

Well Rush was too fat and old to go into the army...and WAY too rich.

rjwould
10th September 2008, 12:48 PM
Nope. The three underage kids will have or have had their records automatically expunged when they turn 18.I hope so. The other kid deserves a break too, IMO..

mortimer
10th September 2008, 12:53 PM
Thats big of him...Is he addicted?
You were trying to excuse Obama's past drug use by claiming that cannabis ought to be legalized. I was simply pointing out that cannabis wasn't the only drug he used.

plumjam
10th September 2008, 01:00 PM
The question on all our lips is will they back Track, or will they backtrack?

rjwould
10th September 2008, 01:00 PM
You were trying to excuse Obama's past drug use by claiming that cannabis ought to be legalized. I was simply pointing out that cannabis wasn't the only drug he used.I got that...I was merely adding to the dialog.

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 01:05 PM
Huge difference between smoking some weed and doing the occasional line of coke, but never becoming addicted, and being addicted, so addicted, to Oxy that you smoke the crap. Simply immense difference. But I fail to see how that is any more relevant to the election than this story is.

Leave Track Palin Alone.

Leave Bristol Palin Alone.

Leave Trig Palin Alone.

Sarah, Pailin? Her I think NOBODY should leave alone. Especially if there are any valuables around. ;)

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 01:06 PM
... Well Rush was too fat and old to go into the army...and WAY too rich.

He had a cyst on his... um... posterior. That is what he says kept him from the draft. Seriously.

EDIT: Oh. Duh. You meant after his narcotics binge.

XBoxWarrior
10th September 2008, 01:14 PM
Weed is basically legal in Alaska...as it should be.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4522

I lived there in '87 and grew dope...why don't the Bama's fight this fight?

Sure, you can grow your own...and the Gubmint wont seek you out...

It's the way it should be. But Palin's policy? We have no clue...No interviews allowed!

geni
10th September 2008, 01:15 PM

Palin has smoked marijuana. I suspect that whoever wins the US's drug policies are unlikely to get even more insane.

geni
10th September 2008, 01:26 PM

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4522

Federal law means that it is illegal even if local enforcement is patchy.

JoeTheJuggler
10th September 2008, 01:26 PM

Wait a second--do you mean Bristol is going to name her baby "Bletch"? ;)

senorpogo
10th September 2008, 01:44 PM
No, you're right. I just found your implication that perhaps Track should be jailed to be a bit over the top. I've not seen anyone suggest Obama ought to be in jail for his admitted cocaine use.

What I actually was implying was that no one should be jailed for drug possession. But, yes, it works that way too. Cocaine possession is a crime and, if Palin believes it should remain a crime (and if these claims prove true which seems unlikely apparently), then she's should see that charges are brought on her son.

And yes, Obama should be held to a similar standard for his drug use or do something to change the direction of the War on Drugs.

Wangler
10th September 2008, 02:08 PM
Anyone between the ages of 35 and 60 that denies using/trying pot and or coke is either a liar or a total social recluse.

I did not, and I am neither.

Wangler
10th September 2008, 02:10 PM

Why should weed be legal only in Alaska?

Meadmaker
10th September 2008, 03:07 PM
I hope I never see another thread whose source is the National Enquirer.

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 03:13 PM
Why should weed be legal only in Alaska?

Should be legal everywhere.

Then the cost of the whole criminal justice system drops by 15%. Which is millions and millions.

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 03:47 PM
I hope I never see another thread whose source is the National Enquirer.

Next one will be sourced "Washington Post," most likely. But I don't think it will make you happier.

Meadmaker
10th September 2008, 03:57 PM
Next one will be sourced "Washington Post," most likely. But I don't think it will make you happier.

If the topic is anyone's kids, or anyone's sex life, or anything having to do with makeup, you're right.

ProbeX
10th September 2008, 04:16 PM

Airheaded.

Oops, I must be sexist. Or would that be sects-ist?

ProbeX
10th September 2008, 04:22 PM
By now doing drugs seems about as common as popping an aspirin. Hopefully, if it's true, the guy didn't get hooked, and if he did, hopefully he's okay now.

But sh*t man, that has nothing to do w Palin's run for VP.

geni
10th September 2008, 04:44 PM
By now doing drugs seems about as common as popping an aspirin. Hopefully, if it's true, the guy didn't get hooked, and if he did, hopefully he's okay now.

But sh*t man, that has nothing to do w Palin's run for VP.

It could be argued that the gay rights movement should count itself lucky that Dick Cheney has a gay daughter.

ProbeX
10th September 2008, 05:37 PM
Speaking of Cheney, wasn't there some rumor ( ... or is it fact??) that Obama is related to Cheney?

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 05:41 PM
Speaking of Cheney, wasn't there some rumor ( ... or is it fact??) that Obama is related to Cheney?

Yeah, something like that, if you go back to the 1800s.

Then again if you go back to the third century or thereabouts, so am I.

ProbeX
10th September 2008, 05:52 PM
And I don't know how true it is, but he's also supposed to be related to Angelina Jolie and Ben Franklin too for cripes sake.

applecorped
10th September 2008, 05:59 PM
Barillary!

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/thum_2391548c86d2c6ddb5.jpg (http://forums.randi.org/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=13769)

zigaretten
10th September 2008, 07:57 PM

It's Barack........not Bletch.

Gord_in_Toronto
10th September 2008, 08:42 PM

I never did and never will.

Damn. I'll have to get out more often. :boxedin:

Gord_in_Toronto
10th September 2008, 08:43 PM
I never did and never will.

Damn. I'll have to get out more often. :boxedin:

Oh. Wait. I'm over 60.

Never mind. :o

corplinx
10th September 2008, 08:49 PM
If the story is true, and Track is an oxy addict, then he has a hard road ahead of him.

Yeah. My brother was on that road after breaking a collarbone. He was prescribed the "less addictive" new pain killer called Oxycontin and became hooked.

Oxy addiction is no joke.

BenBurch
10th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah. My brother was on that road after breaking a collarbone. He was prescribed the "less addictive" new pain killer called Oxycontin and became hooked.

Oxy addiction is no joke.

They ALWAYS call each no opioid drug "less addictive."

When Bayer invented Heroin, that was claimed...

Did you know that Heroin almost kept Aspirin from being marketed? It's true. Both were Bayer brand names at one time. Heroin was a drug they knew they had a market for, and Aspirin seemed to not have much promise until its inventor distributed some to hospitals in what was the first clinical trial, and the hospitals had such good results with it that they clamored for it.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 09:16 AM

Compared to the Hollywood bug wits onerous names for their kids, i.e.,Rumer Glenn, Tallulah Belle, Scout LaRue, Apple, Blanket, Ella Bleu, Seven, Lourdes, Rocco, Moon Unit, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Dweezil, Diva, Jett, Hopper, Pilot Inspektor, Romeo and Brooklyn, Palin's children's names are pedestrian and spelled correctly too.

What happened to a time when sensible names were chosen for children like Barack, Malia and Sasha ?

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 09:27 AM
Barack if I recall correctly is an ethnic name from his father's country. Now, don't tell me that "Trig" is an ethnic name from Alaska...

Next you'd be telling us that Dolf is a funny name. Or Lech.

Meadmaker
11th September 2008, 09:32 AM
Barack if I recall correctly is an ethnic name from his father's country. Now, don't tell me that "Trig" is an ethnic name from Alaska....

Barack is Arabic for "blessed", and is a common name among Muslims. It is linguistically cognate with Baruch, a Hebrew name which also means "blessed". I know two Jewish people named "Barry". Their birth certificates say "Baruch".

zigaretten
11th September 2008, 09:49 AM
What happened to a time when sensible names were chosen for children like Barack, Malia and Sasha ?

Oh, I don't know, beats naming your kid after a third rate newspaper..............

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 09:50 AM
Barack is Arabic for "blessed", and is a common name among Muslims. It is linguistically cognate with Baruch, a Hebrew name which also means "blessed". I know two Jewish people named "Barry". Their birth certificates say "Baruch".

My father was Theodore, which means "loved by god."

Cicero
11th September 2008, 10:30 AM
My father was Theodore, which means "loved by god."

How dare Palin not consult the Bible for appropriate names for her offspring! How dare Palin not consider ethnicity in selecting a name with an inspirational (if presumptuous) translation!

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 10:56 AM
How dare Palin not consult the Bible for appropriate names for her offspring! How dale Plain not consider ethnicity in selecting a name with an inspirational (if presumptuous) translation!

How dare YOU call Barack an outlandish name, though. That is the point you willfully miss.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 11:16 AM
How dare YOU call Barack an outlandish name, though. That is the point you willfully miss.

What "name" was that?

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 11:21 AM
What "name" was that?

The clue meter remains at zero.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 11:43 AM
The clue meter remains at zero.

Translation: you can't find a single reference where I call Obama a derogatory name.

Pookster
11th September 2008, 11:44 AM
Compared to the Hollywood bug wits onerous names for their kids, i.e.,Rumer Glenn, Tallulah Belle, Scout LaRue, Apple, Blanket, Ella Bleu, Seven, Lourdes, Rocco, Moon Unit, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Dweezil, Diva, Jett, Hopper, Pilot Inspektor, Romeo and Brooklyn, Palin's children's names are pedestrian and spelled correctly too.

While pedestrian, it's cute how she gives her kids names ... like celebrities do.

ProbeX
11th September 2008, 11:54 AM
Hollywood loves plaguing their poodles and kids with "cute" treacly names.

(Barf)

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 12:14 PM
Translation: you can't find a single reference where I call Obama a derogatory name.

Hint: that is not what I said.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 12:38 PM
Hint: that is not what I said.

You seem to be lost in your own riddles. Can you just lay it out so there is no confusion?

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 12:47 PM
You seem to be lost in your own riddles. Can you just lay it out so there is no confusion?

No, its too funny seeing you not get it.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 01:13 PM
No, its too funny seeing you not get it.

I guess somebody else in the thread will have to enlighten me to whatever it is you thought you said.

mortimer
11th September 2008, 01:24 PM

I guess somebody else in the thread will have to enlighten me to whatever it is you thought you said.
"How dare YOU call the name "Barack" outlandish" is what BB meant.

Meadmaker
11th September 2008, 02:24 PM
I think the fact that she named one of her children after a witch on "Charmed" proves that she worships Satan.

novice skeptic
11th September 2008, 02:28 PM
Barack if I recall correctly is an ethnic name from his father's country. Now, don't tell me that "Trig" is an ethnic name from Alaska...

Next you'd be telling us that Dolf is a funny name. Or Lech.

And Sasha is an ethnic name from Kenya?

Aoidoi
11th September 2008, 02:38 PM
I think the fact that she named one of her children after a witch on "Charmed" proves that she worships Satan. Willow on Buffy the Vampire Slayer nearly destroyed the world. And she's a lesbian, which would probably bother certain people more.

A guy named Track becoming a drug addict seems like something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

All I have for Bristol is Harvey's Bristol Cream, and Trig I'm kinda stuck on trigonometry, so I'm sure it'll at add up somehow. Probably to 180, if they're complimentary.

Not that any of it matters,, of course.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 03:38 PM
"How dare YOU call the name "Barack" outlandish" is what BB meant.

It is? Too bad I never said Barack was an "outlandish" name. I said it was as "sensible" a name as Palin's kid's names.

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 03:39 PM
It is? Too bad I never said Barack was an "outlandish" name. I said it was as "sensible" a name as Palin's kid's names.

Which means the same thing. Semantics are not your strong suit.

Cicero
11th September 2008, 03:57 PM
Which means the same thing. Semantics are not your strong suit.

English is not yours. Are you still laughing that Mortimer had to unscramble your intended attempt to mischaracterize what I posted?

Meadmaker
11th September 2008, 07:24 PM
Willow on Buffy the Vampire Slayer nearly destroyed the world. And she's a lesbian, which would probably bother certain people more.

Oooh. How could I forget about Willow? I haven't done the math. I'll bet that Willow Palin was born before Willow Rosenberg came out.

Maybe that's why she quit her old church? They realised she was watching Satanic TV on the sly.

(No, I don't think any of it matters, either.)

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 07:33 PM
English is not yours. Are you still laughing that Mortimer had to unscramble your intended attempt to mischaracterize what I posted?

Laughing at the fact that it was perfectly clear and it had to be re-written before you could properly misunderstand it.

steve s
11th September 2008, 07:38 PM

Wrong on both counts.

Steve S.

BenBurch
11th September 2008, 07:40 PM
Wrong on both counts.

Steve S.

Agreed. But 2/3 true.