PDA

View Full Version : Zawahiri confused about how to inspire recruitment

Undesired Walrus
19th November 2008, 07:33 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7737710.stm
The second-in-command of Islamic militant network al-Qaeda has hit out at US President-elect Barack Obama.

In a message purportedly from Ayman al-Zawahiri, the al-Qaeda deputy called Mr Obama a "house negro"

Gagglegnash
19th November 2008, 08:03 AM
Hi

HA!

Shows what HE knows!

Obama was in the Senate, not the House!

The Central Scrutinizer
19th November 2008, 08:10 AM
Shouldn't he have called him "house African-American"?

Racist!

mrbaracuda
19th November 2008, 08:13 AM
If I am not mistaken a lot of prominent leaders and officials in the Middle East basically called him a ******.

Darth Rotor
19th November 2008, 04:01 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7737710.stm
Walrus, I don't think the recruiting campaign included a lot of Americans of African descent, so this turn of phrase hardly harms his recruiting effort.

On the other hand, it sure doesn't make him look too politcally savvy, unless the insult was intentional.

DR

tomwaits
19th November 2008, 04:54 PM
Walrus, I don't think the recruiting campaign included a lot of Americans of African descent, so this turn of phrase hardly harms his recruiting effort.

On the other hand, it sure doesn't make him look too politcally savvy, unless the insult was intentional.

DR

I don't know how Africans generally feel about such racist language, but if you want to get support from fellow muslims, insulting practically an entire continent that has a majority muslim population is probably not a great way to get them on your side.

WildCat
19th November 2008, 05:30 PM
I don't know how Africans generally feel about such racist language, but if you want to get support from fellow muslims, insulting practically an entire continent that has a majority muslim population is probably not a great way to get them on your side.
Arabs have always felt that blacks were an inferior race, Muslims or not. In fact, a good chunk (probably most) of the blacks captured by Arabs for the slave trade were Muslims. See also Darfur today, which is largely Arab janjaweed pitted against blacks, both groups being Muslims.

AWPrime
19th November 2008, 05:37 PM
Arabs have always felt that blacks were an inferior race, Muslims or not. In fact, a good chunk (probably most) of the blacks captured by Arabs for the slave trade were Muslims. See also Darfur today, which is largely Arab janjaweed pitted against blacks, both groups being Muslims.
So very true. In many places the decedents of African slaves are a separate caste.

tyr_13
19th November 2008, 05:38 PM

He's just trying to shore up his base and appeal more to them, just like the Republicans did in the last election. Look how well it worked out for them. Wait...

*DISCLAIMER* I am NOT calling the Republican part terrorists or racists, and I am not calling Zawahiri a Republican.

PhantomWolf
19th November 2008, 06:12 PM
Apparently he was emulating Malcom X who called blacks that worked inside the system "Negros" meaning that they were still slaves to the whiteman.

Darth Rotor
19th November 2008, 10:25 PM
\ I am not calling Zawahiri a Republican.
Good thing too, we do try to be civil around here, eh? :D

DR