PDA

View Full Version : More of the same hyperbole?

skepticalzebra
28th November 2008, 08:04 PM
I recently got a piece in the mail advertising the Pro Wave Model 101 Energy System, and of course it bore the proclamation "The machine doctors don't want you to know about" which of course smacks of typical alternative medicine quackery BS.

I can't find anything on the web saying that this is pure gibberish, but I'm quite sure it must be. Anyone else know about this, or whether it can do all that it claims?

Perpetual Student
28th November 2008, 08:35 PM
Yes, it's a hoax, of course:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/item.name/P2420/

Here is their bull:

http://www.contactplus.com/lifewave.htm

Enjoy!

GreyICE
28th November 2008, 08:45 PM
I wish they would be forced to advertise the truth:

"The scam honest doctors wish didn't exist."

Jeff Corey
28th November 2008, 09:14 PM
Qi, meridians, the body's magnetic field,ancient Chinese practices that enabled them to achieve a life expectancy of 28. Sounds good to me.

autumn1971
29th November 2008, 12:28 AM
I wish they would be forced to advertise the truth:

"The scam honest doctors wish didn't exist."
There is no possible way that any advertisement will ever even look in the direction of the road that leads to honesty.
I am reminded of the words of Bill Hicks, who said "is anybody here involved in marketing? Great, " and then he said things which would make the world a better place, but would violate my membership agreement.

leonAzul
29th November 2008, 05:55 PM
What is especially galling is the way their claims are couched in pseudoscience.

Their claim is fundamentally flawed. Just because magnetic fields related to living matter can be measured does not logically imply that living matter can be manipulated by applied magnetic fields; that could only be determined by evidence. In fact, if an externally applied magnetic field really could influence biological functions, then MRI would be useless because it relies on applied magnetic fields to create interference patterns for resonance detection, and there is plenty of evidence that MRI is quite valid indeed.