PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in here use Vilift?

Cainkane1
23rd February 2009, 04:56 AM
There is a product called Vilift. It claims to lift depression, anxiety and ADHD and OCD in twenty minutes. It sounds like woo to me but does anyone in here know anything about it? As a sufferer of anxiety and chronic insomnia it sounds too good to be true.

sophia8
23rd February 2009, 05:09 AM
If it sounds too good to be true, then it almost certainly is. Anything that claims to cure such diverse conditions as "depression, anxiety and ADHD and OCD" within minutes is certain to be a scam.
Googling "Vilift scam" bought up a number of interesting articles, including this one (http://www.happymoods.info/blog/vilift-review).

Cainkane1
23rd February 2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks Sophia. Maybe if they offered free samples?

madurobob
23rd February 2009, 05:17 AM
I'm certainly no expert, but they rather boldly state
Depression isn't a mental illness. It's quite simply what happens when the serotonin levels in your brain are not correctly balanced.
I don't believe there is a known causal link between serotonin levels and depression, but I could be wrong. I also have no idea what they mean by "balanced". Serotinin is not just in your brain, but throughout your body (in fact, only a small % is in your brain).

But hey, its herbal, it must be good for you!

Professor Yaffle
23rd February 2009, 05:19 AM
It supposedly contains St John's Wort, so it might be helpful for mild depression, but I'm sure buying SJW alone would be cheaper. Plus SJW interacts with a few drugs (including contraceptive pill), so you should always check with a doctor first.

Starthinker
23rd February 2009, 05:37 AM
I think many things stated to help with depression and other emotional conditions are highly susceptible to the placebo effect. For some, lifting up out of a depressive state can be as easy as going out and doing things and if they believe the pill is going to help them cope they may go out and do things and thus lift their depression. Just believing in something can help lift someone's spirit whether it be a pill, religion, some self-help regimen, or other legitimate and woo ideals. However, since herbal remedies can interact with other medication it's a good idea to at least research things first, which the OP is doing. I would think that consulting a doctor is still the best way to go.