PDA

View Full Version : Peanut butter and evolution ?

Belz...
27th March 2009, 04:17 AM
I realize this may be an oldie, but I just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

I'm amazed how low these creationists will stoop to ridicule dissent. I can't believe that the people who made this aren't aware that their arguments have nothing to do with the theories they deride. It's just so ridiculous it could be a parody.

I'm not going to comment further. I just wanted to vent.

:mad:

Darat
27th March 2009, 04:33 AM
That has to be a joke.

six7s
27th March 2009, 04:49 AM
How about 29 other videos to watch, whilst you vent?

youtube.com/user/Thunderf00t: Why do people laugh at creationists? 29 Videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderf00t)
BS5vid4GkEY
These videos were made for the communal and greater good. All these videos are copyright free for educational purposes, feel free to mirror these videos with or without accreditation.

Part of a series of videos exposing the funny stupidity of creationists and why they deserve to be laughed at. In each case the creationist statements are shown to be outrageously stupid by even the most rudimentary knowledge of science.

Creationist are tackled at every level from the scientific illiterates like venomfangx who want to play in the scientific arena but don't even understand the words they use, to convicted fraudsters like Kent Hovind who abuse the scientifical illiteracy of people like venomfangx to dupe them out of money. An enterprise which is clearly very successful as merely the tax Hovind didn't pay was about a million dollars. Hovind himself has no discernible academic education, and gets by solely on using his confident delivery of scientific terms to convince his audiences that he knows what hes talking about. Then of course there are the professional such as the Discovery Institute, the hub and founders of the Intelligent design movement. After the humiliating rout of ID in court where it was found that 'ID is not science', and that 'ID is only a relabelling of creationism' the Discovery Institute do not utter the word once in their latest promotional video. Instead they now have decided to 'teach the controversy' which is an irony as they are the only people who disagree with evolution. What they are really asking is not to teach the controversy, but to teach their views, which are supported by neither research or evidence, in schools.

For a more direct rebuttal of the Peanut Butter nonsense perpetrated by Chuck Missler, see potholer54 (http://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54)'s Natural Selection Made Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_RXX7pntr8&feature=related)
R_RXX7pntr8&feature=related
You may smile at this
O Jesus

ponderingturtle
27th March 2009, 05:31 AM
That has to be a joke.

No that is Kirk Camerons buddy. They are entirely serious, this and the crocoduck prove evolution is wrong.

Fredrik
27th March 2009, 05:47 AM
It is an oldie, and it's been discussed here a bunch of times before. It's a fantastic video though. Just when you think you've heard the dumbest argument ever (perhaps in the banana video), you see this, and you will never be the same.

hgc
27th March 2009, 05:56 AM
Peanut butter and banana are a good combo on Wonder Bread. Just sayin'

Cainkane1
27th March 2009, 06:12 AM
Actually in all probability an organism has evolved in jars of peanut butter. Millions of jars of peanut butter and the incredible adaptability of organisms adjusting and evolving in this nutritious solution probably has produced an evolved microscopic organism. The organism originated in the grinding procedure, resisted pasturization and adapted to its closed in a jar environment. Salmonella sure did it.

blobru
27th March 2009, 06:28 AM

I'm amazed how low these creationists will stoop to ridicule dissent. I can't believe that the people who made this aren't aware that their arguments have nothing to do with the theories they deride. It's just so ridiculous it could be a parody.

:o Well, at least I finally got to see an example of a creationist science experiment:

Hypothesis: Life from non-life, without the direct intervention of God, is a fairy tale.

Object: To look for life in a jar of peanut butter.

Apparatus: A jar of peanut butter.

Procedure: Open jar.

Observation: The peanut butter is smooth and creamery, with a peanut on top. I observe that the peanut is not alive.

Data:
brand of peanut butter | # of jars opened | amount of life inside
Jif | 1 | 0

Conclusion: Based on opening a jar of peanut butter, I conclude that life from non-life, without the direct intervention of God, is a fairy tale.

Possible Sources of Error: I am an idiot.

Psi Baba
27th March 2009, 07:04 AM
:o Well, at least I finally got to see an example of a creationist science experiment:

Hypothesis: Life from non-life, without the direct intervention of God, is a fairy tale.

Observation: The peanut butter is smooth and creamery, with a peanut on top. I observe that the peanut is not alive.

Data:
Jif | 1 | 0

Conclusion: Based on opening a jar of peanut butter, I conclude that life from non-life, without the direct intervention of God, is a fairy tale.

It's a good thing I wasn't eating my lunch when I read that (especially that last bit), or I'd be scraping legume-derived organic evolutionary culture medium off my monitor right now. :roll:

AkuManiMani
27th March 2009, 07:27 AM

Uhg...are these people even capable of embarrassment? >_<

Ian Osborne
27th March 2009, 07:38 AM
The irony of it is that although science doesn't make the claim that life can appear out of nothing, the Bible sure does. If you read Samson's escapades in the book of Judges, you find he kills a lion so bees can spontaneously generate and give him honey.

Mister Agenda
27th March 2009, 09:05 AM
Ray Comfort is one of the best friends the Theory of Evolution has ever had.

six7s
27th March 2009, 10:56 AM
Ray Comfort is one of the best friends the Theory of Evolution has ever had.Yep...

And remember: he didn't evolve into an idiot, his sky daddy made him that way!

Gate2501
27th March 2009, 11:20 AM

Data:
Jif | 1 | 0

If you just made that up on the fly, you are hilarious beyond measure.

I give it two thumbs up.

godless dave
27th March 2009, 12:25 PM
That has to be a joke.

Poe's law. But in this case, it's definitely not a joke. Check out Ray Comfort's blog sometime.

ugot2bekidding
27th March 2009, 02:33 PM

Data:
Jif | 1 | 0

This thread delivers. Thank you for that. A+

blobru
27th March 2009, 06:07 PM
It's a good thing I wasn't eating my lunch when I read that (especially that last bit), or I'd be scraping legume-derived organic evolutionary culture medium off my monitor right now. :roll:
If you just made that up on the fly, you are hilarious beyond measure.
I give it two thumbs up.
This thread delivers. Thank you for that. A+

Thanks, folks! All credit to the kook in the video, though, who came up with this... 'experiment'. (I just had to describe it.)

One nice thing about creationism is the jokebook and the textbook are the same book. :pedant:tinfoil