PDA

View Full Version : Richard Eby(so called Christian Prophet) died before he could cheat death


billiefan2000
28th December 2002, 02:41 PM
FLASH: Dr. Richard Eby passes on
Jim Bramlett
Dec 27, 2002

Dear friends:

I have just received an unconfirmed report that Dr. Richard Eby went to be with the Lord yesterday, December 26, 2002.

This will come as a great disappointment to many because of the belief that the rapture would occur while Eby was still alive, based on his own testimony.

Stimpson J. Cat
28th December 2002, 02:56 PM
Maybe he didn't really die. Maybe the rapture came yesterday, and he was the only one taken.

Or maybe who believe in that kind of nonsense just need to try using their brains for a change.

Dr. Stupid

billiefan2000
30th December 2002, 08:54 AM
should Randi mention this in a up coming newsletter since it turns out that the guy was a fraud.

BobM
30th December 2002, 09:09 AM
This will come as a great disappointment to many because of the belief that the rapture would occur while Eby was still alive, based on his own testimony.

Hmm.. personally I'm overjoyed that the world didn't end just quite yet.

Stimpson J. Cat
30th December 2002, 09:11 AM
Hmm.. personally I'm overjoyed that the world didn't end just quite yet.

No doubt. I mean, come on... That's where I keep all my stuff!

Dr. Stupid

billiefan2000
30th December 2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BobM


Hmm.. personally I'm overjoyed that the world didn't end just quite yet.


The world will never end,we will come to close to it happening but not completly.

Skeptical Greg
30th December 2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
should Randi mention this in a up coming newsletter since it turns out that the guy was a fraud.
Like there was considerable doubt (that he was a fraud), until he died?

AmateurScientist
30th December 2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Stimpson J. Cat


No doubt. I mean, come on... That's where I keep all my stuff!

Dr. Stupid

You too? I'm glad to hear someone else does. I thought I was the only one who did that. Whew. What a relief!

AS

Dragonrock
30th December 2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AmateurScientist


You too? I'm glad to hear someone else does. I thought I was the only one who did that. Whew. What a relief!

AS

Because of that whole eggs in one basket thing, I'm building a rocket and I'm gonna move some of my stuff to Neptune (I hear the cold is a great preservative). Would anyone like it invest and get a few square feet of space to ship their stuff?

BobM
30th December 2002, 11:32 AM
How much for a spot for my mother-in-law? It doesn't have to be a comfortable spot. Really, it doesn't even have to be a non-fatal spot.

Dragonrock
30th December 2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BobM
How much for a spot for my mother-in-law? It doesn't have to be a comfortable spot. Really, it doesn't even have to be a non-fatal spot.

Well, one of the most important considerations is weight...

(Grins as he hands BobM an overflowing silver platter)

billiefan2000
30th December 2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Diogenes

Like there was considerable doubt (that he was a fraud), until he died?


Maybe you should all read what is said at:

http://amightywind.com/rapture/dreby.htm


http://www.geocities.com/bramlett2000/updates2001/ebyupdate.html


to get the bio on his background and why people couldnt prove he was a fraud til he died.

1. The Lord JESUS CHRIST affirmed what he previously told Eby, that he will not die before the rapture.

2. The Lord JESUS CHRIST said he had not healed him because people all over the world know about his testimony and are watching, and the Lord wanted Eby's condition to clearly reveal to the world how close the rapture is.




He was "told in a vision" from "above" that he was going to cheat death and if he died,that would mean he was a fraud.



WHAT IS SHOCKING IS MANY CHRISTIANS ARE TRYING TO DEFEND EBY and say he isnt a fraud and I THINK SKEPTICS GROUPS everywhere need to expose this guy as a fraud and NOW!

LeFevre
30th December 2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000


WHAT IS SHOCKING IS MANY CHRISTIANS ARE TRYING TO DEFEND EBY and say he isnt a fraud and I THINK SKEPTICS GROUPS everywhere need to expose this guy as a fraud and NOW!

too many frauds, but people do try. How many people ran back to Peter Popoff? The fraud is back in action.

Upchurch
30th December 2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
WHAT IS SHOCKING IS MANY CHRISTIANS ARE TRYING TO DEFEND EBY and say he isnt a fraud and I THINK SKEPTICS GROUPS everywhere need to expose this guy as a fraud and NOW!
It seems to me there are three possibilities:

1. Eby is dead and a false prophet.
2. Eby is alive and his prophet-hood is still in question.
3. Eby is dead, he was a true prophet, the rapture has already occured taking away all the good Christians and all the people on Earth at this moment are going to face the Armegedon (sp?) and judgement and all sorts of nastiness.

I guess time will tell....

Upchurch

billiefan2000
31st December 2002, 08:53 AM
but if the rapture did happen why are many of Tim La Haye's followers and the CLOUD 10 PICTURES and 700 CLUB crowds still here then?

Lucifuge Rofocale
31st December 2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
but if the rapture did happen why are many of Tim La Haye's followers and the CLOUD 10 PICTURES and 700 CLUB crowds still here then?

Because THEY ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS AND THEY AL WILL GO TO HELL

Skeptical Greg
31st December 2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by billiefan2000


quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Diogenes

Like there was considerable doubt (that he was a fraud), until he died?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Maybe you should all read what is said at:

http://amightywind.com/rapture/dreby.htm
http://www.geocities.com/bramlett2000/updates2001/ebyupdate.html
to get the bio on his background and why people couldnt prove he was a fraud til he died.
1. The Lord JESUS CHRIST affirmed what he previously told Eby, that he will not die before the rapture.
2. The Lord JESUS CHRIST said he had not healed him because people all over the world know about his testimony and are watching, and the Lord wanted Eby's condition to clearly reveal to the world how close the rapture is.
He was "told in a vision" from "above" that he was going to cheat death and if he died,that would mean he was a fraud.
WHAT IS SHOCKING IS MANY CHRISTIANS ARE TRYING TO DEFEND EBY and say he isnt a fraud and I THINK SKEPTICS GROUPS everywhere need to expose this guy as a fraud and NOW!



My operative word was: "considerable "..

Checkmite
31st December 2002, 10:42 AM
Claiming that God will take you in the "rapture" before you physically die isn't exactly a claim of any supernatural ability that you possess or can demonstrate. Therefore, the claim doesn't qualify for the Challenge or deserve special mention.

Now, if God decided to claim He would take a certain person before that person's physical death, we might have something to work with...

billiefan2000
4th January 2003, 11:47 AM
why is that James Randi and other so skeptics groups wont trash this guy like they do everyone else who turns out to be a fraud cause there are actual Christians who believe Richard Eby was a PROPHET of GOD.

Pahansiri
4th January 2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
why is that James Randi and other so skeptics groups wont trash this guy like they do everyone else who turns out to be a fraud cause there are actual Christians who believe Richard Eby was a PROPHET of GOD.

Greetings billiefan2000.
Your post really and I mean no disrespect, makes little sense. Are you asking why Randi etc will not bash this man because he was a fraud and "real" Christians believe him or did you mean to say no "real" Christians believed him?

I find it ironic that so many Christians place themselves as the ones who judge who is a "real Christian" and who is not. Is it your pstion that a "real" Christian is anyone who believes just like YOU do?

Pyrrho
4th January 2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
why is that James Randi and other so skeptics groups wont trash this guy like they do everyone else who turns out to be a fraud cause there are actual Christians who believe Richard Eby was a PROPHET of GOD.

You can't crack every nut in the bowl.

Besides, Randi doesn't waste his time on true believers.

The Central Scrutinizer
4th January 2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
should Randi mention this in a up coming newsletter since it turns out that the guy was a fraud.

He wasn't a fraud. The rapture happened, and you were left behind. And all this time you were running around telling everyone you were saved. Liar.

I wonder if that slut Teal Redman was taken too???

The Central Scrutinizer
4th January 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000
but if the rapture did happen why are many of Tim La Haye's followers and the CLOUD 10 PICTURES and 700 CLUB crowds still here then?

Because they are all evil child molestors. The sinners were left behind.

PixyMisa
4th January 2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Joshua Korosi
Claiming that God will take you in the "rapture" before you physically die isn't exactly a claim of any supernatural ability that you possess or can demonstrate. Therefore, the claim doesn't qualify for the Challenge or deserve special mention.
Sure it does.

However, moving on after the preliminary test may prove to be a problem...

billiefan2000
9th January 2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Pahansiri


Greetings billiefan2000.
Your post really and I mean no disrespect, makes little sense. Are you asking why Randi etc will not bash this man because he was a fraud and "real" Christians believe him or did you mean to say no "real" Christians believed him?

I find it ironic that so many Christians place themselves as the ones who judge who is a "real Christian" and who is not. Is it your pstion that a "real" Christian is anyone who believes just like YOU do?


Pahansiri I thought James Randi's job was too expose frauds and while you have one you could say is a fraud JAMES RANDI like most Skeptics wont touch it and call RICHARD EBY a fraud.


Hypocritical of Skeptics isnt it.

Pahansiri
9th January 2003, 11:20 AM
Hello billiefan2000

I hope you are well and happy. I can not speak for James Randi as to what he does or does not do or say.

But you did not answer my quiestion, you may have missed it so I will ask it again.

I find it ironic that so many Christians place themselves as the ones who judge who is a "real Christian" and who is not. Is it your pstion that a "real" Christian is anyone who believes just like YOU do?

Tricky
9th January 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by billiefan2000



Pahansiri I thought James Randi's job was too expose frauds and while you have one you could say is a fraud JAMES RANDI like most Skeptics wont touch it and call RICHARD EBY a fraud.


Hypocritical of Skeptics isnt it.
Nope. Randi cannot expose every fraud. There are too many. He tends to concentrate on the ones that are the most believable, or that are the biggest cheats. Richard Eby didn't really fool too many people.

And the Randi Challenge is not an issue here, because the first rule of the challenge is that you have to apply. Eby did not.

Pahansiri
9th January 2003, 01:28 PM
there is my friend
Tricky I hope he is well and happy..

I have to tell you that while I left Texas the way I found it in early Dec, being here in upstate NY with a total snow fall of over 7 FEET already I think I may want to be back there in Texas.... Well until spring anyway.

subgenius
9th January 2003, 03:04 PM
Ever since the world ended
I don't go out as much.
People I once befriended
Just don't bother to stay in touch.
Things that seemed so splendid,
Just don't really matter today.
Its just as well the world ended,
It wasn't workin' anyway.
--Mose Allison

billiefan2000
25th March 2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tricky

Nope. Randi cannot expose every fraud. There are too many. He tends to concentrate on the ones that are the most believable, or that are the biggest cheats. Richard Eby didn't really fool too many people.

And the Randi Challenge is not an issue here, because the first rule of the challenge is that you have to apply. Eby did not.


Tricky,you forget:

Eby if he even did take the challenge couldnt be exposed as a fraud til after the rapture and or his death happened.

Roadtoad
27th March 2003, 08:23 PM
Sorry, Eby was a fraud from day one. Scripture says that NO ONE knows when the Rapture is going to take place, and NO ONE ever will until it happens.

Anyone who listened to Eby at any time was following a false prophet. Eby himself, by definition in Scripture, is in Hell.

(And he damn well deserves to be there, the son of a bitch.)

BillyTK
28th March 2003, 06:54 AM
Richard Eby died before he could cheat death... What a concept. "I'm going to cheat death! Bugger, I never saw that truck coming..."

So he said the rapture would come in his lifetime and now he's dead? So he's wrong. Why does Randi need to get involved?

BillyTK
28th March 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by billiefan2000



Tricky,you forget:

Eby if he even did take the challenge couldnt be exposed as a fraud til after the rapture and or his death happened.

(my emphasis)

Well, it seems the obvious way to go to debunk the rest of these idiots...