PDA

View Full Version : David Hyde Pierce: Married Man

Roadtoad
29th May 2009, 09:32 PM
About time... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090529/ap_on_en_tv/us_people_david_hyde_pierce_1)

After keeping his private life out of the spotlight for years, David Hyde Pierce has announced his marriage to longtime partner Brian Hargrove.

The former "Frasier" star spoke candidly in an appearance on ABC's "The View." Wearing a wedding band, Hyde Pierce revealed they tied the knot "very quietly" in California on Oct. 24.

The actor and Hargrove, a producer, are still legally wed despite the California Supreme Court's decision Tuesday to uphold Proposition 8. The gay-marriage ban was approved by voters in November, stopping legal nuptials going forward.

Best to you, David. I only wish it were under better circumstances.

applecorped
29th May 2009, 09:36 PM
About time... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090529/ap_on_en_tv/us_people_david_hyde_pierce_1)

Best to you, David. I only wish it were under better circumstances.

Classy guy. (you too toad)

slingblade
29th May 2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, good for them! Woo-hoo! I also wish it were under better circumstances.

But, still, hooray! :D

Doc Daneeka
29th May 2009, 11:37 PM
Don't worry. It will happen nationwide soon enough. 50 years from now, even Alabama will have legal gay marriage, and those who oppose it in public will be considered embarassing by most people.

As for David Hyde Pierce, good for him.

The Central Scrutinizer
31st May 2009, 04:11 PM
This will threaten the institution of marriage!

Skeptic
31st May 2009, 04:21 PM
I'm shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that a well-known actor is gay. If this goes on I'll start suspecting hairdressers.

But kudos to him for actually keeping his private life private. God knows Hollywood has enough folks who think who they sleep with is everybody's business.

Skeptic
31st May 2009, 04:26 PM
Don't worry. It will happen nationwide soon enough. 50 years from now, even Alabama will have legal gay marriage eugenics communism official church Islamic theocracy legal polygamy legalized pot and heroin, and those who oppose it in public will be considered embarassing by most people.

Meybee Zo... Meybee Not.

Saying something is "the inevitable way of the future" is hardly an argument. For every "inevitable way of the future" that only dumb reactionary fools still oppose that actually came true, there are as many that didn't.

Gay marriage might become universal by a supreme court decision. Or by states accepting it. Or it might remain in some states and not in others. Or it might be pushed back, say by a Constitutional amendment. And those are just a few possiblities. Who knows? But predicting what will happen socially in 50 years is absurd. Weren't we all supposed to be communists right now, since "late capitalism" has been arrived at in the 1950s?

Skeptic
31st May 2009, 04:36 PM
By the way, it jut occured to me: the title of this thread can be interpreted in two ways, both true... Okay, it's late and I'm tired.

Holler Hoojer
31st May 2009, 04:41 PM
Will this threaten Frasier's marriage to Lillith???

fuelair
31st May 2009, 04:42 PM
I'm shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that a well-known actor is gay. If this goes on I'll start suspecting hairdressers.

But kudos to him for actually keeping his private life private. God knows Hollywood has enough folks who think who they sleep with is everybody's business.

Oh no!! Lock up your ducks!!!

.:D:D:D

King of the Americas
31st May 2009, 05:35 PM
"Niles" always reminded me of Fred Astaire...

Doc Daneeka
31st May 2009, 07:13 PM
Meybee Zo... Meybee Not.

Saying something is "the inevitable way of the future" is hardly an argument. For every "inevitable way of the future" that only dumb reactionary fools still oppose that actually came true, there are as many that didn't.

Gay marriage might become universal by a supreme court decision. Or by states accepting it. Or it might remain in some states and not in others. Or it might be pushed back, say by a Constitutional amendment. And those are just a few possiblities. Who knows? But predicting what will happen socially in 50 years is absurd. Weren't we all supposed to be communists right now, since "late capitalism" has been arrived at in the 1950s?

I'd much rather that you argue against what I have said, rather than what you'd prefer I had said.

I neither said nor implied anything about gay marriage being inevitable, nor about legalization of drugs. I merely stated my opinion: that gay marriage will be legal nationwide within 50 years. If you disagree, that's fine by me. Let's discuss that. I only ask that you find a better way to spend your time than building up large straw men.

Arguments based on historical inevitability are probably absurd. That's why I don't make them. Get it?

JoeyDonuts
1st June 2009, 12:06 AM
Great! Now all the upscale coffee houses and men's tailors will be invaded by gays!