PDA

View Full Version : "7/7 Ripple Effect" DVD

PB2007
30th June 2009, 09:10 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8124687.stm

Anyone seen / heard off this before? Can't find anything using Search...

The 56-minute homemade documentary opens with a view from space and the words: "A message from Muad Dib".

What follows is a stream of allegations about the 2005 bomb attack on London. The film, entitled 7/7 Ripple Effect, accuses former prime minister Tony Blair, the government, the police and the British and Israeli security service of murdering the innocent people who died that day, in order to shore up support for the "war on terror".

Best bit...

A document on Muad Dib's website reveals he believes he is the Messiah and that George Lucas wrote Star Wars after being told telepathically what to write, by the very "Force" to which the films refer.

And people like Alex Jones have given this film a thumbs up.... :eek:

chillzero
30th June 2009, 09:22 AM
I rea that article earlier. Hadn't heard of the film before, although it doesn't surprise me that Alex Jones would support it.

The bit that annoyed me in that artcile was this:

But Peter Power, a former Scotland Yard police officer, says on 7 July, the exercise he ran was office-based and involved just six people from a publishing company.
That has not stopped him receiving hate mail from anonymous sceptics accusing him of "murder" and threatening "justice" with "no mercy".

I don't think those people were actually sceptics, and am irritated that the journalist didn't give his words appropriate consideration.

funk de fino
30th June 2009, 09:23 AM
Jihad Jane believes the 7/7 junk theories. Lets see if she pops her head in here.

Kiosk
30th June 2009, 10:02 AM
Here's my thread on "7/7 Ripple Effect" from a couple of years ago. (http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=98970)

As you can see from reading that, the film is... not a particularly impressive piece of work.

ETA: As you can also see from reading that, I was a bit drunk and incoherent by the time I posted (and my brain had just been turned to mush by watching "7/7 Ripple Effect"). Sorry about that. Still, if you can wade through the rambling, poorly-structured paragraphs, you'll find out all you really need to know about this piece of junk.

8den
30th June 2009, 10:18 AM
He's English living in Ireland, or he was. He's since been arrested and faces extradition for, get this, sending the DVD to jurors and family members of the victims during a trial of some of the people convicted of helping the bombers.

The BBC is airing a documentary on his nonsense, tonight at 9pm local time.

JoeyDonuts
30th June 2009, 10:20 AM
Muad Dib? As in Paul Atreides?

Good lord, do these guys even try anymore?

I think I heard one of Noory's guests squawking about 7/7 about three weeks ago.

Brainster
30th June 2009, 11:04 AM
Hmmm, the BBC seems to be overstating their "tracking down" of Hill; Hill was arrested for mailing (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/ireland/man-in-court-on-foot-of-uk-extradition-warrant-14181812.html) the DVDs to the jurors in February.

Anthony John Hill, orginially from Sheffield, was arrested on Carrig Street in Kells this morning on foot of a warrant issued by the authorities in Britain.

It is alleged he sent DVDs entitled "7/7 Ripple Effect" to the jury, the judge and members of the victims' families.

I am amused though that like all Troofers, he has "interesting" facial hair.

8den
30th June 2009, 11:11 AM
Muad Dib? As in Paul Atreides?

Hill also demands that he be recognised as the rightful king of Britain and Israeli, and that the ark of the Covent is buried under the hill of tara.

dudalb
30th June 2009, 11:57 AM
Jihad Jane believes the 7/7 junk theories. Lets see if she pops her head in here.

Nah, she is too busy pushing the "The US was behind the killing of Nada in Iran" theory.
Frankly, there is not an "anti establishment" conspiracy theory that Jane and her ilk will not buy into.

zooterkin
30th June 2009, 01:57 PM
I don't think those people were actually sceptics, and am irritated that the journalist didn't give his words appropriate consideration.

The BBC documentary just used the phrase, "7/7 sceptic", to refer to someone believing the conspiracy theory.

8den
30th June 2009, 01:59 PM
The BBC documentary just used the phrase, "7/7 sceptic", to refer to someone believing the conspiracy theory.

It's an attempt to provide a neutral way of saying "some complete ass hat".

PB2007
30th June 2009, 02:37 PM
The documentary made me laugh in sad way.

The way they attach significance to the "explosives expert"* getting off the bus just before the bomb went off. I suppose if he'd got off 2 stops before it would be suspicious, or 4 ,6, whatever....

I also can't understand how, if the 4 bombers where innocent patsies, the MI5 / Mossad / Jooos got them to sit over the bombs on, not just 1 vehicle, but 4. How did they prevent other people taking those seats? How could they know the "patsies" would pick the right train / carriage / seat?

And why do i get the feeling the "Truthers" actually want to stir up Islamic hatred so they will radicalise more Islamics, who in turn, will / may carry out more of these attacks? **

* Someone who spent 2 years working for an explosives company and did his apprenticeship as an electrician in the mid-60s....

** Not entirely happy with the way that came out.... Hope you know what i mean!?