PDA

View Full Version : Mailing Lists

BobG
22nd August 2009, 10:56 AM
Hi All,

Does anybody know if mailing lists still exist? If so, I would like to join one for World War II.

I've tried searching and I can't locate any!

Thank you,

Bob

Ducky
22nd August 2009, 11:06 AM
Outside of software developers I'm not sure I know of anyone who uses these anymore.

deep
22nd August 2009, 11:13 AM
Have you checked Yahoo! Groups?

Kotatsu
22nd August 2009, 11:22 AM
There are lots of specialized ones left. I am a member of one for international shorebird research, one for bird banding in Sweden, one for general ornithology, one for bird research in Canada, one for shore bird research in Australia, one for oligochaete research across the world, one for general research in systematics and taxonomy in Northern Europe, and one for the feather louse research community, as well as a few for friends or for colleagues at the university, and so on.

None of these are affiliated with any of the large ones (like Yahoo), though, so they are of no use in the present case, as they aren't part of some larger organisation where other mailing lists could be found.

I Ratant
22nd August 2009, 11:29 AM
You may be able to get notifications from sites of interest, such as the notifications for responses to subscribed threads here.

rjh01
22nd August 2009, 09:18 PM
There are several WW2 forums you can join, such as http://www.ww2f.com/.