PDA

View Full Version : Muhammads sandal appears in Pakistan

Cainkane1
12th May 2010, 05:17 AM
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/05/11/2302183.aspx

Monketey Ghost
12th May 2010, 05:22 AM
Huh. I didn't think Muslims went in for religious knick-knackery like this.

I wouldn't have guessed anyone would be involved in a hoax either... once it proves to be a pious fraud, some lives will be on the line methinks.

DC
12th May 2010, 05:28 AM
:rolleyes:

some hear voices other see shoes :D

Mohammed's timing sucks, in the middle of prayers he turns up.....

Brown
12th May 2010, 05:31 AM
If Muhammad's sandal appears in Pakistan, would that be like Jesus's sandal appearing in Mexico?

hgc
12th May 2010, 05:34 AM
I have a question on a slightly related issue...

Noting that in (some) Arab cultures showing someone the bottom of your shoe is supposed to be an insult: If Mohammed angled the bottom of his sandal in your direction, what are you supposed to take from that?

I know the thread references Pakistan, a non-Arab land, so no corrections, please.

DC
12th May 2010, 05:35 AM
in Pakistan those sandals are at least still trendy :D

Fronzel
12th May 2010, 05:39 AM
Atari’s husband, Tanveer, 30, is soft-spoken and has the dignified stance of a wizened philosopher, like someone who has suddenly had a great responsibility thrust upon him.

Really, MSNBC? The stance of a Wizened Philosopher? But not a Holy Prophet?

Thankfully, he just used his powers of philosophy to see a sandal, and not for something evil.

Careyp74
12th May 2010, 05:50 AM
well of course she would see Muhammed's sandal, it was his house :)

"Rabia Attari, the wife of, Muhammed Tanveer, the village tailor, saw a strange light coming from the ground in front of their house."

Darth Rotor
12th May 2010, 07:24 AM
If Muhammad's sandal appears in Pakistan, would that be like Jesus's sandal appearing in Mexico?
No.

No ocean to cross.

PS: a neat matched set for an auction at Christie's in London would be Muhammad's sandal and Jesus' foreskin. Toss in Moses' staff and you get the trifecta.

DR

Gord_in_Toronto
12th May 2010, 07:31 AM
No.

No ocean to cross.

PS: a neat matched set for an auction at Christie's in London would be Muhammad's sandal and Jesus' foreskin. Toss in Moses' staff and you get the trifecta.

DR

If you "Toss in Moses' staff" and it lands on the ground, does it not turn back into a snake?

Darth Rotor
12th May 2010, 07:35 AM
If you "Toss in Moses' staff" and it lands on the ground, does it not turn back into a snake?

I think that only works if you are Moses, or a seventh level cleric in D & D. :D

shandyjan
12th May 2010, 06:38 PM
Enough to make the FSM weep!
Blimey, not much happens there, they dont mind their miracles small and boring and explainable.

One Eyed Jack
12th May 2010, 06:57 PM
Am I the only one getting Life of Brian flashbacks?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/945000/images/_948331_brian150.jpg