PDA

View Full Version : Is talking telepathy possible? Yes

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:02 AM
Is talking telepathy possible? Yes
It's thinking in words, without the use of vocal cords or mouth.
It acts as a two-way radio, 30% of people listening and 30% talking.
Ask for more explanation.
It must be experienced to be believed on this.
I'm a gay from midle of Norway.

Rasmus
1st March 2011, 11:07 AM
What's the other 40%?

Mashuna
1st March 2011, 11:09 AM
Are you sure you've not got telepathy mixed up with telephony? 'Cos that definitely works.

dafydd
1st March 2011, 11:09 AM

It doesn't matter what you are,so-called telepaths have been tested and all have failed. The answer to your question is no.

LarianLeQuella
1st March 2011, 11:13 AM

I prefer to ask for evidence. Got any?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:15 AM
It's 60% not listning and talking in telepahy.

dogjones
1st March 2011, 11:20 AM

Are you the only telepath in the village?

leon_heller
1st March 2011, 11:21 AM
What about the other 40%?

TraneWreck
1st March 2011, 11:21 AM

Hmm...has anyone claimed "gaydar" as an ability worthy of the $1,000,000?

dafydd
1st March 2011, 11:23 AM
Hmm...has anyone claimed "gaydar" as an ability worthy of the $1,000,000?

That would be claiming the prize via the back door.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:24 AM
Many people around me know this telepathy. I'm troublesom around me. It remains to scientific tests.

dafydd
1st March 2011, 11:27 AM
Many people around me know this telepathy. I'm troublesom around me. It remains to scientific tests.

It has been tested scientifically and failed. If you are hearing voices in your head seek medical help.

AvalonXQ
1st March 2011, 11:28 AM

Could we put you in one room, your receiver friend in the next room, and randomly generate words from the dictionary that your friend then writes down? How many words would your friend get right?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:30 AM
No, many people hear me in the head an someone answer in telepathy.

ben m
1st March 2011, 11:30 AM

Can it be experienced in the context of a blinded test?

For example: put a "talker" in one building and a "listener" in the other building, have the "talker" draw a card from a shuffled deck and attempt to tell the "listener" what card they've drawn (and the listener writes it down). Repeat ten or twenty times, then check the data---if telepathy works, the two lists should match up.

Unfortunately people have tested this a zillion times and it's never worked.

Dancing David
1st March 2011, 11:31 AM

Um sure , and the double blind testing was?

Ron_Tomkins
1st March 2011, 11:32 AM

Cool story, bro.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:32 AM
If my frend Are in my channel, he recive all word i Think in word.

Dancing David
1st March 2011, 11:33 AM

Do a pretest, come up with a protocol and apply for the MDC

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:34 AM
You don' try me

dafydd
Troll?

Aepervius

In case you are not joking, I would like to advise you to speak to a doctor. Thinking you can hear people thought or transmit them, can be a sign of serious illness....

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:37 AM
It's go trough all thing and at 0,5-2 miles.

ben m
1st March 2011, 11:38 AM

Sorry Glf5b, and I hate to say it, but this is a very common illusion experienced by people with schizophrenia. It's not actually happening, but sometimes a part of your brain will malfunction and tell you that this is happening. Your brain can make up both ends of the telepathy---it can tell you that you're hearing things, and it can tell you that other people are hearing you.

Please talk to your doctor, ASAP, and tell him or her what you are experiencing.

Loss Leader
1st March 2011, 11:43 AM

Because if you were a gay from southern Norway, I'd never believe you.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 11:45 AM
If testing, it must be a lot of people in test at the same time, and 30% can recive my words i think and 60% not recive.

Ron_Tomkins
1st March 2011, 11:48 AM
If testing, it must be a lot of people in test at the same time, and 30% can recive my words i think and 60% not recive.

Hey, I'm gonna send you some words telepathically.

Ready? Here goes

Did you get that?

Dr.Sid
1st March 2011, 11:49 AM
Poor guy ..

AvalonXQ
1st March 2011, 11:50 AM
Hey, I'm gonna send you some words telepathically.

Ready? Here goes

Did you get that?

Reported for bypassing the profanity filter. :boxedin:

glf5b
1st March 2011, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but you must Ask my neigbour and other in region, who give signal back in diferend tones and words. I can hear who it is. I can hear the difference between young and old, male and female and children

glf5b
1st March 2011, 12:16 PM
I don't hear your telepathy words. this go only 1-2miles and use helping thing as online telephone, mobile tlf and online sms(first 20s of sms is online)

Loss Leader
1st March 2011, 12:34 PM

THAT'S ONLY NINETY PERCENT

ETA: But, seriously, I see no reason why a large pool of ten or twenty receivers couldn't be worked into a protocol. I mean, the audience for the drunk guy and his friend who looked at the playing cards was essentially a large-ish pool.

Pixel42
1st March 2011, 12:36 PM
So have you done such a test? Because until you have, and can prove that you have got results significantly better than chance, no-one here is going to take your claim seriously. They're going to assume that you are, like everyone else who has made such a claim and on subsequently being tested has proved to be, either lying, honestly mistaken, or an undiagnosed schizophrenic.

Squeegee Beckenheim
1st March 2011, 12:41 PM
I don't hear your telepathy words. this go only 1-2miles and use helping thing as online telephone, mobile tlf and online sms(first 20s of sms is online)

So you're saying that you can communicate with people by telephone, but only if they're within 2 miles of you? I can talk to people on the opposite side of the planet with a telephone. I think I've got you beat.

dafydd
1st March 2011, 12:50 PM
Sorry, but you must Ask my neigbour and other in region, who give signal back in diferend tones and words. I can hear who it is. I can hear the difference between young and old, male and female and children

No you can't. Get help.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 12:50 PM
Sorry Ben M. I'll prove you wrong when the time is there.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 12:53 PM
To Scetic tank. With telephone etc it going also to the america.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 01:03 PM
To dafydd. Yes i can and i going to prove it, soon.
All textbooks zhisofreni be rewritten.

Little 10 Toes
1st March 2011, 01:05 PM
How can you prove it? What is the experiment and what are the controls?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 01:20 PM
To kirke 10. I going to spesiel media who's named is "skroedingers katt". Turt must have a group of people for testing. Whith card i thinking at? Etc. At another room olso. I must think with words.

sadhatter
1st March 2011, 01:22 PM
Not trying troll , is not trying.

Furcifer
1st March 2011, 01:26 PM
I was thinking "Wrong Forum".

Anyone pick that up? That was me.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 01:27 PM
To litle 10: All thing i can think in words can i do i expriments.

Foster Zygote
1st March 2011, 01:28 PM
It remains to scientific tests.

Then get to it.

Gord_in_Toronto
1st March 2011, 01:37 PM
Could we put you in one room, your receiver friend in the next room, and randomly generate words from the dictionary that your friend then writes down? How many words would your friend get right?

Not a good enough test. Ask any stage magician. :(

glf5b
1st March 2011, 01:38 PM
To 3bodyproblem: they must be at your chanel to recive you an not far away without helpthings.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 01:40 PM
To Gord: i can read something.

ben m
1st March 2011, 01:54 PM
glf5b: have you ever told your doctor about this?

Remember, it's a common symptom of a common illness. If you have abdominal pain, you go to an internist, because it's a common symptom of appendicitis. If one side of your body goes numb, you go to the ER because it's a common symptom of a stroke. If there are voices in your head, you go to a psychiatrist, because it's a common symptom of schizophrenia. Why wait?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 02:03 PM
to Ben M: she is not at my channel, but she think it's "fascinated"

glf5b
1st March 2011, 02:28 PM
it's late in Norway. I go to bed. Back at GMT +1, 0900

Squeegee Beckenheim
1st March 2011, 02:45 PM
To Scetic tank. With telephone etc it going also to the america.

I can speak to people in America by telephone, too. It's kind of what the telephone was invented for.

A Laughing Baby
1st March 2011, 02:57 PM
He's not going to get help, and there's most likely nothing anyone can say to him to persuade him to :(

Loss Leader
1st March 2011, 03:01 PM
Am I the only person here bothered by the fact that thirty percent plus sixty percent is only ninety percent? 30% of people guess the correct word, 60% guess wrong. What do the other 10% do? Just punch the test monitor in the face and run away?

John Jones
1st March 2011, 03:17 PM
Wasn't there a guy from China here a few months ago claiming the same thing? He was offering a paltry sum if we'd fly to China and test him?

But he wouldn't apply for the MDC.

A Laughing Baby
1st March 2011, 04:14 PM
Am I the only person here bothered by the fact that thirty percent plus sixty percent is only ninety percent? 30% of people guess the correct word, 60% guess wrong. What do the other 10% do? Just punch the test monitor in the face and run away?

Clearly, he's using a base-9 numeric system.

MatildaGage
1st March 2011, 04:47 PM

I'm sorry, I don't think they will be rewritten. Your explanation doesn't explain the brain differences in schizophrenia (www.schizophrenia.com/schizpictures.html).

It's a brain disease. Completely treatable.:)

AdMan
1st March 2011, 04:51 PM
Troll?

I'm in this camp for now.

dafydd
1st March 2011, 05:18 PM
I'm in this camp for now.

The deliberate misspellings are a dead giveaway.

Ron_Tomkins
1st March 2011, 05:37 PM

Oh... you meant like with a telephone? Yeah... a lot of people do those. They're not considered telepathy. We call that "talking on the phone". It's been going on for quite a while.

Ron_Tomkins
1st March 2011, 05:42 PM
To kirke 10. I going to spesiel media who's named is "skroedingers katt". Turt must have a group of people for testing. Whith card i thinking at? Etc. At another room olso. I must think with words.

Am I the only one who thinks we're all talking to a lolcat here?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/14/iminurcomputr128526754142187500.jpg

AdMan
1st March 2011, 05:50 PM
Am I the only one who thinks we're all talking to a lolcat here?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/14/iminurcomputr128526754142187500.jpg

Schrödinger's lolcat? :D

Ron_Tomkins
1st March 2011, 05:59 PM

Yeah... something like that ;)

AdMan
1st March 2011, 06:02 PM

Then again, the schizophrenia diagnosis is a definite possibility.

This appears to be glf5b:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.vktv.no/~glf5b/telepati/&ei=VZ1tTemQMoK8lQeq0K3GBA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDsQ7gEwAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dglf5b%26num%3D10%26hl%3Den%26newwindo w%3D1%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divnsfd

Text messages via telepathy... that's new to me.

Lucian
1st March 2011, 06:29 PM

"Im in ur box bein alive. Or not." Kinda dark.

"Im in ur box makin u uncertain."

Fnord
1st March 2011, 06:31 PM
There is no valid evidence to support the existence of telepathy.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 06:34 PM
To Sceptic Tank: when someone around me call to America, i can do his telephone to telepathy messages around the persons in other end.

Fnord
1st March 2011, 06:35 PM
To Sceptic Tank: when someone around me call to America, i can do his telephone to telepathy messages around the persons in other end.
No. You can't.

There is no valid evidence for the existence of telepathy.

AdMan
1st March 2011, 06:36 PM

If you haven't found out already, making nonsense claims without any supporting evidence won't fly here.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 06:40 PM
"skrødingers katt" at media NRK in Norway

John Jones
1st March 2011, 06:42 PM
"skrødingers katt" at media NRK in Norway

Not even then. :(

Halfcentaur
1st March 2011, 06:51 PM
I think text messaging is awesome for how similar it is to telepathy. Especially when you're texting back and forth in the same room with someone. While I was texting my brother in Europe, and I smiled at something amusing he just sent me, it suddenly occurred to me I was having something very similar to a telepathic discussion with someone on the other side of the planet. I think that is neat. Humans have basically evolved telephathic ability with our mastery of tools!

glf5b
1st March 2011, 06:57 PM
Not even then. :(
http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/schrodingers_katt/3599434.html

AdMan
1st March 2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/schrodingers_katt/3599434.html

So you have a TV show about telepathy in Norway?

That's nothing. In the US we have shows about ghosts, bigfoot, UFOs, faithhealers and chupacabras, among others.

Doesn't mean any of it is true.

Do you have any other evidence for your claims?

Loss Leader
1st March 2011, 07:13 PM

He appears to be using a translator ... that someone has spilled soda on.

Sean84
1st March 2011, 07:17 PM
Algerian (GMT +1) JREFer "abr" wanted to call people up to telepathetize them as well. He typed short, mangled, non-sentences with the single-minded focus of ensuring everyone that he was telepathetic.

Failed miserably in every attempt. Kept on truckin' though.

This new guy seems about as "interesting" in that nothing interesting will ever come of this and I'll eventually run afoul of the moderators for suggesting he get back on his meds.

Anyways...

glf5b: How do you propose you prove your magical powers? Wanna call somebody or something? Why do I bother? I'm thinking of a number between 4 and 19 and it's not 12, how many fingers don't I have?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 07:26 PM
Algerian (GMT +1) JREFer "abr" wanted to call people up to telepathetize them as well. He typed short, mangled, non-sentences with the single-minded focus of ensuring everyone that he was telepathetic.

This new guy seems about as "interesting" in that nothing interesting will ever come of this and I'll eventually run afoul of the moderators for suggesting he get back on his meds.

Anyways...

glf5b: How do you propose you prove your magical powers? Wanna call somebody or something? Why do I bother? I'm thinking of a number between 4 and 19 and it's not 12, how many fingers don't I have?
I think first, and your brain automaticle answer in right metod.

Fnord
1st March 2011, 07:30 PM
He appears to be using a translator ... that someone has spilled soda on.

According to a quick Google search, he is located in Verdal, Norway; he is interested in telepathy; and his occupation is Electrician.

He is also logging in to a variety of websites to make the same claims he has made here, and with similar results.

AdMan
1st March 2011, 07:33 PM
I think first, and your brain automaticle answer in right metod.

Can you telepathically send a text message to my mobile phone?

ETA: Lest it appear I'm mocking you, I'm actually referring to what you said here (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.vktv.no/~glf5b/telepati/&ei=VZ1tTemQMoK8lQeq0K3GBA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDsQ7gEwAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dglf5b%26num%3D10%26hl%3Den%26newwindo w%3D1%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divnsfd) (from Norwegian):

- It is possible to send telepathy via cell phone when sending text message when you send the text message as it is open between mobile phones in 20 seconds and it can be used for telepathy.

Or, can I text a message from my phone to your head?

JoelKatz
1st March 2011, 07:40 PM
Set up a protocol to test your claim scientifically. Otherwise, stop making it.

Whether you're hearing voices in your head or not, it is irrational to repeat a refuted claim that would easily be provable by convincing evidence if it were true when you don't have such evidence.

It's like saying "I don't have my homework because I traded it to aliens for a sophisticated generator that can aid mankind. But, no, you can't see the generator and neither can anyone else. You should all just believe me."

Sean84
1st March 2011, 07:50 PM
I think first,
What think ye first? I assume you're thinking now, so have we already started?

and your brain automaticle answer in right metod.
What is right metod of automaticle brain answer?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 07:55 PM
our brocas in our brain can speak in two way. 1. send signal to our voice band. OR 2. send signal vith telepathy. Not bouth way at the same time.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 08:03 PM
What think ye first? I assume you're thinking now, so have we already started?

What is right metod of automaticle brain answer?
At many persons, i must be the first one to talk telepathy and if the person will answer, he only think, and the brain automaticle do the same way back.

AdMan
1st March 2011, 08:04 PM
our brocas in our brain can speak in two way. 1. send signal to our voice band. OR 2. send signal vith telepathy. Not bouth way at the same time.

Broca's area in the brain is linked to speech.

Where is your proof it is linked to telepathy? It's not enough to make a statement like that without any proof.

AdMan
1st March 2011, 08:06 PM
At many persons, i must be the first one to talk telepathy and if the person will answer, he only think, and the brain automaticle do the same way back.

Hvor er ditt bevis?

glf5b
1st March 2011, 08:18 PM
Broca's area in the brain is linked to speech.

Where is your proof it is linked to telepathy? It's not enough to make a statement like that without any proof.
because our unique voice also goes in telepathy.

Fnord
1st March 2011, 08:23 PM
because our unique voice also goes in telepathy.

Please provide valid evidence for (1) the existence of telepathy, and (2) your claim that "... our unique voice also goes in telepathy", or admit that you have none.

Thank you,

Fnord

Sean84
1st March 2011, 08:25 PM

I ask for more explanation.

How do you plan on proving any of this?

What does being a gay Norwegian have to do with it? I'm not a gay Norwegian, will that hinder the automaticle brain answers?

How many persons do you need to talk telepathy? If they think furriest will you provide the costumes?

Somebody will need to bring a mop. How many mops do you keep on hand?

Fnord
1st March 2011, 08:35 PM
It's time to revive my "What's in the Box?" challenge.

At a certain location, there is a certain container, within which I have placed three objects. The challenge is as follows:

Using telepathy, determine (1) the location of the container; (2) the size, shape, colour, and material of the container; and (3) the exact contents of the container (include the size, shape, colour, and material of each object). A single successful description that accurately cites all three categories will be considered sufficient proof of a valid claim. I will then certify the individual as a Telepath and sell off my Verizon stocks.

The container will remain in a fixed location, undisturbed, for the next 90 days (from the date of this post).

Vagueness and plays on words will be disallowed. Thus, for example, if the claimant states that one of the objects is "red", and it turns out to be a newspaper, the claimant can not then state that he or she meant "read" and claim it as a hit.

Good luck.

TmoonII
1st March 2011, 08:44 PM
under a chair, yellow tennis ball, white styrofoam packing and an energy drink, maybe a pacifier (you were uncertain).

Gosh, I hope I'm wrong.

glf5b
1st March 2011, 08:50 PM
Please provide valid evidence for (1) the existence of telepathy, and (2) your claim that "... our unique voice also goes in telepathy", or admit that you have none.

Thank you,

Fnord
I have no evidence yet. It's only me in many years recears.

AdMan
1st March 2011, 08:52 PM

Then please go, get evidence, and come back when you have some.

Empty claims mean little here.

Aepervius
1st March 2011, 10:29 PM

3 person out of 5 can't do percentage calculation. That is nearly 98% of the population. The other 14% are not better off.

:D

Furcifer
1st March 2011, 11:45 PM

Well I've always maintained that if psychic powers are ever proven to exist it won't be by a soccer mom from Des Moines.

glf5b
2nd March 2011, 12:26 AM
3 person out of 5 can't do percentage calculation. That is nearly 98% of the population. The other 14% are not better off.

:D
some groups it can be over 50 %(my nabour), who are at my chanel and hear me.
Other groups it can be 20% etc. Rest at another chanel, because i mean our broca's can speak an hear two ways at all of us.

glf5b
2nd March 2011, 12:42 AM
I ask for more explanation.

How do you plan on proving any of this?

What does being a gay Norwegian have to do with it? I'm not a gay Norwegian, will that hinder the automaticle brain answers?

How many persons do you need to talk telepathy? If they think furriest will you provide the costumes?

Somebody will need to bring a mop. How many mops do you keep on hand?
my plan to prove this is to prove it in Norway first(nrk), then scandinavia(lu) and then the world(nref?). it is dificult because many books must be rewrited.

Pixel42
2nd March 2011, 12:54 AM
my plan to prove this is to prove it in Norway first(nrk), then scandinavia(lu) and then the world(nref?).
You should prove it first to yourself, with a simple experiment. You do understand that you haven't yet done even that, all you currently have is an unsupported belief?

Squeegee Beckenheim
2nd March 2011, 12:57 AM

That's called a speakerphone.

glf5b
2nd March 2011, 01:03 AM
You should prove it first to yourself, with a simple experiment. You do understand that you haven't yet done even that, all you currently have is an unsupported belief?
I get many complaints. because my talking telepathy.

Pixel42
2nd March 2011, 01:21 AM
Complaints can have many causes, and are not proof of telepathy.

Until you have done a simple experiment to prove to yourself that you can transmit/receive thoughts it is premature to talk of proving it to anyone else.

Get someone you are sure is one of the people you can communicate with telepathically (your neighbour?) to help you.

Get a dice. Ask your neighbour to sit out of sight of you, but within earshot, with a pen and a pad of paper. Tell them that every time you shout "now" they should write down the number between 1 and 6 you are sending them. Roll the dice, shout "now" to your neighbour, concentrate on the number and write it down on a pad of your own. Repeat 20 times.

Compare your list of numbers with your neighbour's. By chance you would expect 1 in 6 to correspond, i.e. there should be about 3 or 4 the same. If there are significantly more than that (at least 6) you have some evidence of your claim, and it will be worth going further. Until then you are wasting your (and our) time.

BTMO
2nd March 2011, 01:21 AM

Sorry, mate. Without evidence, it is just a story. And not a very convincing one.

Andrew Wiggin
2nd March 2011, 01:26 AM

English yoda's first language is not. Strong in the way of the force this one claims to be. Hmmmmmm! </starwars>

glf5b
2nd March 2011, 01:44 AM
Complaints can have many causes, and are not proof of telepathy.

Until you have done a simple experiment to prove to yourself that you can transmit/receive thoughts it is premature to talk of proving it to anyone else.

Get someone you are sure is one of the people you can communicate with telepathically (your neighbour?) to help you.

Get a dice. Ask your neighbour to sit out of sight of you, but within earshot, with a pen and a pad of paper. Tell them that every time you shout "now" they should write down the number between 1 and 6 you are sending them. Roll the dice, shout "now" to your neighbour, concentrate on the number and write it down on a pad of your own. Repeat 20 times.

Compare your list of numbers with your neighbour's. By chance you would expect 1 in 6 to correspond, i.e. there should be about 3 or 4 the same. If there are significantly more than that (at least 6) you have some evidence of your claim, and it will be worth going further. Until then you are wasting your (and our) time.
because all complaints, i telling in telepathy words they hear zisofreni.

Pixel42
2nd March 2011, 01:57 AM
because all complaints, i telling in telepathy words they hear zisofreni.
I give up. I don't know if you really don't understand or you're just pretending not to, but it's clearly pointless to continue.

laca
2nd March 2011, 02:34 AM
zisofreni = schizophrenia?

I think the poor fellow has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, that's why he's so intent on rewriting "zhisofreni" books.

glf5b
2nd March 2011, 03:25 AM
I give up. I don't know if you really don't understand or you're just pretending not to, but it's clearly pointless to continue.
no, i'm not zhisofrenia. My father is in my channel, but my brother is not at my chanel. His daughter is at my chanel, but not his son.

Belz...
2nd March 2011, 04:00 AM

No, they don't.

Belz...
2nd March 2011, 04:01 AM

The word you're looking for is "never".

Pixel42
2nd March 2011, 04:26 AM
My father is in my channel, but my brother is not at my chanel. His daughter is at my chanel, but not his son.
And you proved this to yourself how? By doing simple experiments with each of them of the kind I described to you? Because there's no other way of proving it. Any other "evidence" you think you have is purely anecdotal, almost certainly the result of confirmation bias, and completely worthless.

Have you done such experiments or haven't you? Until you have, no-one is going to take your claims seriously.

aggle-rithm
2nd March 2011, 04:36 AM

It's none of my business, but you should broaden your horizons a bit; get some non-schizophrenic friends.

glf5b
2nd March 2011, 05:07 AM
I have recorded conversation with several people in telepathic form. I'll prove it later.

aggle-rithm
2nd March 2011, 05:21 AM
I have recorded conversation with several people in telepathic form. I'll prove it later.

You're going to prove that you recorded a conversation?

Are you sure you want to go out on a limb like that?

aggle-rithm
2nd March 2011, 05:26 AM

Broca's area is pretty deep in the brain. How does it send a signal from that deep? We can't even pick up EEG signals from there.

aggle-rithm
2nd March 2011, 05:29 AM
zisofreni = schizophrenia?

I think the poor fellow has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, that's why he's so intent on rewriting "zhisofreni" books.

Here's what I think.

He's "sending" thoughts in his head.

He's "receiving" thoughts in his head.

He's never actually attempted to confirm verbally that those around him are actually communicating with him...all communication is "telepathic" (in his head and his head alone).

quarky
2nd March 2011, 05:57 AM
I can't believe how skeptical people are here.
No wonder you aren't receiving stuff.

Belz...
2nd March 2011, 06:48 AM
I can't believe how skeptical people are here.

It IS a skeptical forum, man.

No wonder you aren't receiving stuff.

Oh, so now there are also "bad thoughts" that alter reality ?

Choose your woo carefully.

Pixel42
2nd March 2011, 06:52 AM
Conversation is useless as proof, because there's no way to estimate how much of what seems like telepathy is actually due to intelligent guesswork/empathy/luck. Something like the dice test is required for proof, because with that you can easily calculate how many 'hits' you would expect to get by chance, and show that you are consistently doing better than that.

So I ask yet again: have you done such methodical testing or not? Because until you have no-one is going to take your claims seriously.

Fnord
2nd March 2011, 06:56 AM
Fixed that for you.

Fnord
2nd March 2011, 06:58 AM
You get many complaints because of your false claim of talking telepathy.

Fnord
2nd March 2011, 07:01 AM

No.

Prove it now.

Or admit that you have nothing to prove.

We Americans call it, "Put up or shut up".

aggle-rithm
2nd March 2011, 08:09 AM
I'm pretty sure glf5b is mentally ill. We may want to cut him some slack.

The Norseman
2nd March 2011, 09:36 AM
Does Ad Man or someone else who is fluent in Norwegian wish to give it a try?

dafydd
2nd March 2011, 09:48 AM

Break out the popcorn.

TmoonII
2nd March 2011, 09:50 AM
pop

laca
2nd March 2011, 12:08 PM

Seconded.

ben m
2nd March 2011, 05:59 PM
Seconded.
Thirded.

Any suggestions on how to do that? It's hard to tell across the language barrier, but it sounds like a) people have told him in person that they think he's schizophrenic, and b) he's talked to a doctor already. IANAD, but I suspect that explaining how to construct a double blind test is basically enabling his delusion.

TmoonII
2nd March 2011, 06:04 PM
Which one of him has talked to which doctor?

AdMan
2nd March 2011, 06:05 PM

Unfortunately (and sadly for me, since I'm half Norwegian), my Norsk is very limited and requires the aid of Google language tools...

However, I am also beginning to think that mental illness may be involved.

Joey McGee
2nd March 2011, 06:11 PM

:tr:

ben m
2nd March 2011, 06:49 PM
Which one of him has talked to which doctor?

I interpret this reply:

glf5b: have you ever told your doctor about this?

to Ben M: she is not at my channel, but she think it's "fascinated"

as meaning "The doctor can't hear my telepathy because she's not at my channel, but I told her about it and she thinks it's fascinating."

Which (even if I'm parsing right) could mean anything. It could mean his doctor said something random and his delusion twisted it to mean the above. It could mean his doctor said 'that's fascinating, because hearing voices helps me diagnose you as X', and he latched onto the wrong part of that. He could have made up the whole thing.

Either way, it makes me suspect again that any possible JREF discussion isn't going to help. He could wander off to the doctor tomorrow and say "Hey doc! I wroted to some people online yesterday, and they said they will help me test my telepathy, and that I will win a million dollars. And some of them seemed to disagree online, but later they told me telepathically that I should stop taking my medicine." Or whatever.

Fnord
2nd March 2011, 06:54 PM

Are you claiming to provide an official medical diagnosis? If not, then I will assume that glf5b is of sound enough mind to know what is expected of him with regards to his extra-ordinary claims. Thus, if he were to provide the necessary extra-ordinary evidence for his claims, that would not only effectively prove his claims, but it would provide a measure of correlation toward proving that he has a sound mind as well. I will presume glf5b mentally competent until proven otherwise.

Besides, we rarely seem to "cut slack" for the mentally competent when they (we) are making invalid claims, using fallacious reasoning, or working from incorrect data.

The Norseman
2nd March 2011, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately (and sadly for me, since I'm half Norwegian), my Norsk is very limited and requires the aid of Google language tools...

However, I am also beginning to think that mental illness may be involved.

It may be possible. Just wanted to rule out the language barrier.

Sideroxylon
2nd March 2011, 11:22 PM
Are you claiming to provide an official medical diagnosis? If not, then I will assume that glf5b is of sound enough mind to know what is expected of him with regards to his extra-ordinary claims. Thus, if he were to provide the necessary extra-ordinary evidence for his claims, that would not only effectively prove his claims, but it would provide a measure of correlation toward proving that he has a sound mind as well. I will presume glf5b mentally competent until proven otherwise.

Besides, we rarely seem to "cut slack" for the mentally competent when they (we) are making invalid claims, using fallacious reasoning, or working from incorrect data.

It's not a medical diagnosis, just parsimony.

I hope the OP seeks out professional medical advice.

Squid
2nd March 2011, 11:23 PM
It's time to revive my "What's in the Box?" challenge.

At a certain location, there is a certain container, within which I have placed three objects. The challenge is as follows:

Using telepathy, determine (1) the location of the container; (2) the size, shape, colour, and material of the container; and (3) the exact contents of the container (include the size, shape, colour, and material of each object). A single successful description that accurately cites all three categories will be considered sufficient proof of a valid claim. I will then certify the individual as a Telepath and sell off my Verizon stocks.

Good luck.

Just a note... but that could be solved and not involve "telepathy." He could use "remote viewing" and "see" the location and the contents of the box without anyone present. "Spirit guides" could tell him what's in the box. If he is using traditional telepathy, he is reading the mind of someone who knows what is in the box, not seeing it.

Of course, it's all woo, anyway.

Squid

ben m
2nd March 2011, 11:36 PM
Are you claiming to provide an official medical diagnosis? ...

Sorry, I disagree. "I have been dowsing for gold for five years and it totally works" is the sort of invalid claim you get from a sound mind with a misguided understanding of confirmation bias. Likewise for "Bigfoot is out there" and "9/11 was a thermite beam" and "I have proven Niels Bohr wrong" and "I met a woman at work, and I totally felt something odd, and later I learned she had had cancer, which is exactly what I had been feeling".

"I hear voices in my head" is not that sort of claim. It really does sound like mental illness; you don't need to be a professional to recognize that. I feel sorry for the guy, and I don't want to go through the charade of pretending that he'd benefit from a Q-and-A session on blinding protocols.

DevilsAdvocate
3rd March 2011, 12:02 AM
I think I think I have the final solution.

glf5b telepathically channeling pillory

;)

Sideroxylon
3rd March 2011, 12:16 AM
Sorry, I disagree. "I have been dowsing for gold for five years and it totally works" is the sort of invalid claim you get from a sound mind with a misguided understanding of confirmation bias. Likewise for "Bigfoot is out there" and "9/11 was a thermite beam" and "I have proven Niels Bohr wrong" and "I met a woman at work, and I totally felt something odd, and later I learned she had had cancer, which is exactly what I had been feeling".

"I hear voices in my head" is not that sort of claim. It really does sound like mental illness; you don't need to be a professional to recognize that. I feel sorry for the guy, and I don't want to go through the charade of pretending that he'd benefit from a Q-and-A session on blinding protocols.

That's to the heart of it.

Pixel42
3rd March 2011, 12:22 AM
I feel sorry for the guy, and I don't want to go through the charade of pretending that he'd benefit from a Q-and-A session on blinding protocols.
Did you read the thread here recently by a schizophrenic who'd examined all sorts of explanations for his experiences (including demonic possession and the CIA as well as paranormal abilities) before rationally concluding that he really was mentally ill?

Whether glf5b is mentally ill or not, I don't see what possible harm it could do to explain to him how to rationally investigate his experiences.

ETA: Here's the thread: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=183830

glf5b: I strongly advise you to read it.

Sideroxylon
3rd March 2011, 12:34 AM
Did you read the thread here recently by a schizophrenic who'd examined all sorts of explanations for his experiences (including demonic possession and the CIA as well as paranormal abilities) before rationally concluding that he really was mentally ill?

Whether glf5b is mentally ill or not, I don't see what possible harm it could do to explain to him how to rationally investigate his experiences.

There is that hope - fair enough. There have been some good posts, including yours and Fnord's, suggesting simple methodological tests.

It worries me though that sometimes these threads just seem to turn into a sideshow.

glf5b
3rd March 2011, 05:28 AM
Eng: Give me a battalion of soldiers, and I want to read a letter in telepathy, and many (1/3) of them will hear what I'm reading.
No: Gi meg en battaljon med soldater og jeg vil lese et brev i telepati, og mange (1/3) av dem vil høre hva jeg leser.

Fnord
3rd March 2011, 06:47 AM
Just a note... but that could be solved and not involve "telepathy." He could use "remote viewing" and "see" the location and the contents of the box without anyone present. "Spirit guides" could tell him what's in the box.
Or he could ask a real ( ;) ) psychic to do it for him, too.
If he is using traditional telepathy, he is reading the mind of someone who knows what is in the box, not seeing it.
Since I am the only one who knows all the necessary details of "What's in the Box?", it would be my mind that he would have to read.
Of course, it's all woo, anyway.
Of course ... which is why I have never had to pay out the thousand-dollar prize.

Pixel42
3rd March 2011, 07:01 AM
Eng: Give me a battalion of soldiers, and I want to read a letter in telepathy, and many (1/3) of them will hear what I'm reading.
Did you try this? Did you ask a battalion of soldiers to help you, stay out of sight and earshot of them "reading a letter in telepathy" (after first asking them to write down whatever they "received" whilst you did so), then compare what each had written down with the letter you had "read telepathically" and discover that one third had written down exactly what you had read?

If not, then how can you possibly know this? On what basis are you making this claim?

Fnord
3rd March 2011, 07:02 AM
gkfb5,

Evidence, please?

Thank you,

Fnord

AdMan
3rd March 2011, 07:02 AM
No: Gi meg en battaljon med soldater og jeg vil lese et brev i telepati, og mange (1/3) av dem vil høre hva jeg leser.

glf5b, har du snakket med leger om telepati din? Hva er deres mening?

glf5b, have you spoken to doctors about your telepathy? What is their opinion?

dafydd
3rd March 2011, 09:11 AM

I know your game,you fancy the soldiers.

shandyjan
3rd March 2011, 04:50 PM

Anyways...

All that gave me deja vu, exact same claims and sidesteps.

I agree all posts by Case are worth reading, he gave us all so much isight into his life and struggles.

Ron_Tomkins
3rd March 2011, 08:08 PM
Did you try this? Did you ask a battalion of soldiers to help you, stay out of sight and earshot of them "reading a letter in telepathy" (after first asking them to write down whatever they "received" whilst you did so), then compare what each had written down with the letter you had "read telepathically" and discover that one third had written down exactly what you had read?

If not, then how can you possibly know this? On what basis are you making this claim?

What about the guy who talked a bunch of random crap about predicting natural disasters and posted a bunch of pictures with drawings of triangles and other absurd crap on them? That one was another lost case.

Irish Murdoch
4th March 2011, 01:49 AM

Is their "answering in telepathy" the sole evidence you have that they can hear you? Because if it is, I think I see a problem with your claim.

aggle-rithm
4th March 2011, 05:28 AM
Is their "answering in telepathy" the sole evidence you have that they can hear you? Because if it is, I think I see a problem with your claim.

I think this is the crux of the problem. What he is experiencing may have little to do with reality outside his own head.

aggle-rithm
4th March 2011, 05:31 AM

Nor should we. However, mentally competent people make certain choices about what their own standards of truth are...the mentally ill have no such choice.

I think that if there's a chance that he is actually hallucinating and has lost touch with reality, it would be cruel to pile onto him.

Femke
5th March 2011, 06:36 AM
glf5b, please consider the advise you are getting here. If you have an extraordinary ability, it is always a good thing to rule out the ordinary explanations before you start testing the extraordinary explanations.
If I understand the other posters correctly (I am no doctor either), schizophrenia belongs to the ordinary explanations, and it is easy to check. Go to a psychiatrist, and tell him/her in Norwegian, what you are trying to tell us in English. In your own language it must be easier to get your message across. I really hope you will do this before you start testing your telepathy involving other people.
Femke

quarky
5th March 2011, 11:13 AM
I haven't played "Devil's Advocate" in awhile.
I feel compelled to do it here and now, in the name of sciency stuff:

Being a fan of exotic hypothesises (hyponthenee?) in cosmology, including multi-verses and strings that ooze potential parrellel universes, which is fundamentally oxy-moronic, if you think about it...

Anyway, here's my beef:

Cosmology and astro-physics is much more open; much more liberal, in a way, and, thankfully, much less set in it's ways, as per what is the truth of the situation.

And some point, the math will allow violations. Hell, it already does. The sacred "C" has become a nuisance to the imagination, frankly.
Increasingly, it is the imagination that creates the latest challange to our understanding, as well as to our need for 'truthiness' in general.

Hence,

At some point, we should start to suspect some weirdos. Woosters. They will appear as woosters.

Yet among them will be the time-travelers from the future. If there are any.
Time travel can be discussed, in a vaguely civil manner here; very intelligent people contribute to the discussion.

Yet,

If a time-traveler actually showed-up here, at JREF, which is where I would go, if I was one...well,

its all humiliation. Science will crucify itself in this regard.
Imagine being an emissary from an other dimension; a universe with slightly different 'laws' (keep in mind,uber-geeks discuss the possibilities without any need to go particularly woo-ish...You would be desperate to show the scientists the odd loop-hole of your universe; how it deviates from your laws...yet, the observations from our universe, by the sanest and smartest geeks (ya'll, for instance) would necessarily dis-allow the data.

would someone please 'nom' this post? In spite of itself?

quarky
5th March 2011, 11:24 AM
quarky,
That was not very well expressed. Have you ever considered editing your own verbal spewage? Or, are you simply going straight at the paradoxical? As if paradox was an essential flavor of quarks?

glf5b
5th March 2011, 11:50 AM
glf5b, please consider the advise you are getting here. If you have an extraordinary ability, it is always a good thing to rule out the ordinary explanations before you start testing the extraordinary explanations.
If I understand the other posters correctly (I am no doctor either), schizophrenia belongs to the ordinary explanations, and it is easy to check. Go to a psychiatrist, and tell him/her in Norwegian, what you are trying to tell us in English. In your own language it must be easier to get your message across. I really hope you will do this before you start testing your telepathy involving other people.
Femke
I involve other people all the time around me with my "talking telepathy."
The problem is getting people involved in testing this. Because we have more telepathic channels, it is difficult to satisfy the requirements of the number of hits. And who are certified testers.

wardenclyffe
5th March 2011, 12:21 PM
glf5b,

Have you been to this website?: http://www.humanisterna.se/

This is the website of a Swedish skeptical group. If you go to that site and search for "Kristallkulan" you will find the page for their paranormal test. This link might take you directly there, but maybe not: http://www.humanisterna.se/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=49

Anyway, this is a nearby group that can help you test your abilities. And if you pass the test, you get some money, so everybody's happy.

Also, while Norwegian and Swedish are not the exact same language, I think it will be easier for you to communicate with them.

Good Luck,
Ward

Pixel42
5th March 2011, 01:58 PM
Because we have more telepathic channels, it is difficult to satisfy the requirements of the number of hits.
The requirement for the number of hits is just that it be consistently better than chance. You can work only with people who you have already determined to be on your "telepathic channel" if you like.

And who are certified testers.
First do the sort of methodical test we have been describing and see what the results are yourself. Only if you get a better-than-chance result do you need to start thinking about repeating the test in front of certified testers.

glf5b
5th March 2011, 02:00 PM
glf5b,

Have you been to this website?: http://www.humanisterna.se/

This is the website of a Swedish skeptical group. If you go to that site and search for "Kristallkulan" you will find the page for their paranormal test. This link might take you directly there, but maybe not: http://www.humanisterna.se/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=49

Anyway, this is a nearby group that can help you test your abilities. And if you pass the test, you get some money, so everybody's happy.

Also, while Norwegian and Swedish are not the exact same language, I think it will be easier for you to communicate with them.

Good Luck,
Ward
I've been on their side and they offered 100 000 SEK and they are Christian. The absence of well just that they think I'm mesias, I can speak from above directly into the minds of many people. It's not that far to go for testing, about 800 km. It must be the area of telepathic communication with other people.

wardenclyffe
5th March 2011, 02:32 PM
glf5b,

I have understood most of what you have written in this thread, but your latest post baffles me.

Ward

glf5b
5th March 2011, 02:45 PM
i due iTranslate program on my iPad.

Olowkow
5th March 2011, 02:52 PM

This site will probably work a lot better for you:
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#no|en|

fromdownunder
5th March 2011, 02:53 PM
glf5b,

I have understood most of what you have written in this thread, but your latest post baffles me.

Ward

Well, to take mesias:

Mesías, in Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (maschíaj), means “Anointed”. The Greek equivalent is χριστός (Kjristós), or Christ.

Norm

Olowkow
5th March 2011, 02:54 PM
Well, to take mesias:

Mesías, in Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (maschíaj), means “Anointed”. The Greek equivalent is χριστός (Kjristós), or Christ.

Norm

"Mesias" is just a misspelled "messias", which is "messiah" in Norwegian.

fromdownunder
5th March 2011, 03:01 PM
"Mesias" is just a misspelled "messias", which is "messiah" in Norwegian.

So let me get this straight. What glf5b appears to be saying (and I could be quite wrong about this) is that a Christian sceptics group who are sorrounded by telepaths thinks he is the Messiah?

Norm

Olowkow
5th March 2011, 03:05 PM
So let me get this straight. What glf5b appears to be saying (and I could be quite wrong about this) is that a Christian sceptics group who are sorrounded by telepaths thinks he is the Messiah?

Norm

Who knows? But that is what I got from it. I think his Apple iTranslate program saw "mesias", misspelled, and just repeated it. Google translate did the same thing, but asks "did you mean 'messias'"?
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#no|en|messias (http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#no%7Cen%7Cmessias)

wardenclyffe
5th March 2011, 04:46 PM
I understood what he meant when he used the word "mesias," but I just cannot figure out what it has to do with the Swedish Skeptics group (which, I'm guessing, is not a Christian group). I just don't know what glf5b's relationship is with that organization. Hopefully, he'll clarify or have one of the other Scandinavians on the board help him translate.

Ward

AdMan
5th March 2011, 04:56 PM

glf5b, kan du også skrive meldinger i norsk og ikke bare den engelske oversettelsen? Det hjelper oss å forstå deg bedre.

Can you also include your text in Norwegian and not only the English translation? It helps us understand you better.

glf5b
5th March 2011, 05:03 PM
I understood what he meant when he used the word "mesias," but I just cannot figure out what it has to do with the Swedish Skeptics group (which, I'm guessing, is not a Christian group). I just don't know what glf5b's relationship is with that organization. Hopefully, he'll clarify or have one of the other Scandinavians on the board help him translate.

Ward
It was my wife who said thei were Cristian. I'm working on writing e-mail to them now, but will not be finished untill tomorow. Goodnight.

fromdownunder
5th March 2011, 05:51 PM
It was my wife who said thei were Cristian. I'm working on writing e-mail to them now, but will not be finished untill tomorow. Goodnight.

But I thought said that you had already been in contact with them.

I've been on their side and they offered 100 000 SEK and they are Christian.

Norm

Pup
5th March 2011, 05:59 PM

I've been on their side and they offered 100 000 SEK and they are Christian.

I think that translates as: I've visited their website and I read that they offered 100 000 SEK and they are Christian [but I didn't actually contact them].

Dragonrock
5th March 2011, 06:33 PM

Norm

I think by "side" he meant "site". I assumed that he was indicating that he had looked at the website and read it. As to the "Christian" comment, FIIK.

fromdownunder
5th March 2011, 06:38 PM
I think that translates as: I've visited their website and I read that they offered 100 000 SEK and they are Christian [but I didn't actually contact them].

Oh Stewardess, I speak Jive.

Norm

glf5b
6th March 2011, 07:29 AM
No: Nå har jeg sendt e-post til "humanistene" for testing. For å vinne 100 000 SEK.
http://www.humanisterna.se. Søk på kristallkulan.
Eng: Now i have sendt an email to"humanists" for testing. To win 100 000 SEK.
http://www.humanisterna.se search kristallkulan.

wardenclyffe
6th March 2011, 12:00 PM
Good luck. Hopefully, you will be able to more easily communicate with them. However, please keep us updated here about your progress.

Thank you,
Ward

Pixel42
6th March 2011, 11:34 PM
The first question this (or any other such) group will ask you is what systematic testing of your supposed ability you have done (e.g. with tests like the one using dice I described for you). What will your answer be?

You should also give them a link to this thread.

glf5b
12th March 2011, 12:49 PM
No:http://www.humanisterna.se svarer ikke på min e-post som jeg sendte den 06.03.11. Noen som har kontakt med dem?
Eng:http://www.humanisterna.se does not answer my e-mail that I sent on 03/06/2011. Some who have contact with them?

sadhatter
12th March 2011, 12:56 PM
5 pages later and still the op is just baiting and dragging people along.

Giant surprise.

Let me summarize the rest of the thread for everyone so time does not have to be wasted.

You will give him an option to prove it, he will have some very basic problem in doing it ( like the current," email them for me" situation. ) , and that will drag out each suggestion to a few pages. This will repeat ad nauseum, until people start dropping off the thread, and then he will find a new way to **** up, more than likely after making a post that apologizes for his lack of understanding of the previous suggestions.

And after this is all said and done, nothing will be accomplished. Either the man does not have the mental faculties to complete very basic tasks ( such as sending another e-mail himself .), or he is yanking the collective chain here. Either way this is an obviously fruitless task that we have all been through before.

Sledge
12th March 2011, 01:01 PM
I'm just impressed that he sent the email on 03/06/11. I'd certainly respond promptly to an email from the future.

sadhatter
12th March 2011, 01:03 PM
I'm just impressed that he sent the email on 03/06/11. I'd certainly respond promptly to an email from the future.

I was more impressed with the fact that he screwed up the date in the english translation when it is the same format as the No. one. Definitely not just trollin or anything....

Ryokan
17th March 2011, 07:49 AM
No: Nå har jeg sendt e-post til "humanistene" for testing. For å vinne 100 000 SEK.
http://www.humanisterna.se. Søk på kristallkulan.

Hvis du fremdeles er her.. Kanskje du heller burde kontakte www.skepsis.no? De har ingen premie til deg, men er sikker på at de kan hjelpe å få deg testet.

glf5b
17th March 2011, 11:23 AM
Skal prøve når jeg er ferdig med arbeidsperioden min som blir 22.03.2011. 14 dager på arbeid og 21 dager free.
Will try when I finish my work period which is 03/22/2011. 14 days labor and 21 days free.

AvalonXQ
17th March 2011, 11:24 AM
He's just using the American date format on the English translation.

wardenclyffe
20th March 2011, 12:19 PM
You know, James Randi is in Norway right this second:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/component/content/article/1248-see-james-randi-in-norway-live-online-video-on-monday.html

Ward

sadhatter
20th March 2011, 03:18 PM
You know, James Randi is in Norway right this second:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/component/content/article/1248-see-james-randi-in-norway-live-online-video-on-monday.html

Ward

Let me use my powers of prediction.

We will get a post a few hours to a day after he has left saying " I tried to get ahold of him, but i missed him." that will get dragged out to great length. Insinuations that Randi fears his psychic powers, or maybe even that he has witnessed them will be peppered within the conversation.

Andrew Wiggin
22nd March 2011, 01:10 AM
We need to get Golf5b and Golfy together in one room and see what happens. Long lost twins raised by norwiegans and brits respectively?