PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: Liberal commentator declares the Wisconsin Budget to be RACIST

deepatrax
4th March 2011, 04:02 PM
MSNBC Liberal political commentator Ed Schultz Calls Wisconsin Budget 'Racist': (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/03/04/ed-schultz-calls-new-wisconsin-budget-racist#ixzz1Fg6HLqmq)

SCHULTZ: Well, Iíll say it. This is a racist budget. I mean, anybody with a brain knows that those 82 percent of the kids under the poverty level are never going to go to a private school, and yet the governor wants the parents of those kids to take a portion of their tax dollars and fund private schools. I mean, it is a racist budget. You cannot get around it. Itís picking on the poor. Itís picking on the inner-city kids. How else can you read it?

Gz7ot7BRGbI

"Poor" is a race??

I just don't understand Liberals who say things like this...why, Ed...why!?

The Wisconsin budget [U.S. POLITICS] has nothing to do with race and everything to do with trying to tackle WI deficit issues while dealing with issues which affect all of the State's people.

Why do POLITICAL issues which have zero to do with race need to be constantly framed that way by some Liberals?

leftysergeant
4th March 2011, 05:35 PM
MSNBC Liberal political commentator Ed Schultz Calls Wisconsin Budget 'Racist': (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/03/04/ed-schultz-calls-new-wisconsin-budget-racist#ixzz1Fg6HLqmq)

SCHULTZ: Well, Iíll say it. This is a racist budget. I mean, anybody with a brain knows that those 82 percent of the kids under the poverty level are never going to go to a private school, and yet the governor wants the parents of those kids to take a portion of their tax dollars and fund private schools. I mean, it is a racist budget. You cannot get around it. Itís picking on the poor. Itís picking on the inner-city kids. How else can you read it?

Gz7ot7BRGbI

"Poor" is a race??

You don't pay much attention, do you? How big a proportion of the kids in the inner cities are usually white?

Roadtoad
4th March 2011, 05:58 PM
I might question the declaration that the Wisconsin budget is racist, if I had particulars. But Lefty is right: Not too many white kids live in the inner city, or in rough neighborhoods. (Try getting the Sheriff's Department to come out to North Highlands, CA. Unless there's gunshots or someone bleeding, they won't bother.)

deepatrax
4th March 2011, 06:51 PM
"Itís picking on the inner-city kids."...is a Liberal political commentator's OPINION!!

which you cherry pick out and then call racism...*facepalm*

Thunder
4th March 2011, 07:02 PM
(http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/03/04/ed-schultz-calls-new-wisconsin-budget-racist#ixzz1Fg6HLqmq)"Poor" is a race??

strawman

deepatrax
4th March 2011, 07:03 PM
strawman

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"

Thunder
4th March 2011, 07:11 PM
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"

a strawman argument is one that is purposefully and clearly dishonest to all but the stupidly stupid, thereby making it very easy to tare down or blow away, like a straw man.

suggesting that this guy was actually claiming that "poor is a race", is an example of a strawman argument.

deepatrax
4th March 2011, 07:13 PM
a strawman argument is one that is purposefully and clearly dishonest to all but the stupidly stupid, thereby making it very easy to tare down or blow away, like a straw man.

suggesting that this guy was actually claiming that "poor is a race", is an example of a strawman argument.

inner-city is usually poor.

inner-city/poor = a race??

No.

btw, einstein...inner city was this Liberal's own words...his own opinion...and somehow you take his own words, project them as intent on this budget...and cry RACIST!

*facepalm*

Thunder
4th March 2011, 07:15 PM
inner-city is usually poor.

inner-city/poor = a race??

strawman.

btw, einstein...inner city was this Liberal's own words...his own opinion...and somehow you take his own words, project them as intent on this budget...and cry RACIST!

*facepalm*

#1. my name is Thunder, not Einstein.

#2. who is crying racist? surely not I.

deepatrax
4th March 2011, 07:18 PM
strawman.

#1. my name is Thunder, not Einstein.

#2. who is crying racist? surely not I.

no, your intent in this thread is perfectly clear, Thunder.

It's not to discuss the topic...it's to attack my comments on the topic.

strange...lol

Thunder
4th March 2011, 07:20 PM
no, your intent in this thread is perfectly clear, Thunder.

It's not to discuss the topic...it's to attack my comments on the topic.

you are the author of the thread. you wrote the OP.

do you really feel that posts that counter the claims in the OP, are an attack against you?

hmm...

I can say with 100% certainty that if you posted a thread or comment that I agreed with, I would indeed NOT attack it or even counter it.

deepatrax
4th March 2011, 07:22 PM
you are the author of the thread. you wrote the OP.

do you really feel that posts that counter the claims in the OP, are an attack against you?

hmm...

lol...you didn't counter anything, you said "strawman" to a point I made which was perfectly relevant.

but keep on...cause you amuse me!