PDA

View Full Version : Woo-Woo Sites


Psiphi
12th April 2004, 05:22 AM
Are there any woo-woo sites like this one and if so, can you direct me to them? I am a believer and would like to examine the flip side of the coin. Much thanks.:)

ca3799
12th April 2004, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure what you are asking for - woowoo skeptical sites? What is your area of interest?

And welcome to the forum.

Nigel
12th April 2004, 05:55 AM
Welcome Psiphi. We'd be much more likely to help you if you could tell us what you're looking for. If you want pro-paranormal,
http://paranormal.about.com/ has some interesting information (some of it is even from legit news sources, like CNN, or the BBC). Mostly, it's pretty woo-woo. I check it for a laugh.

Nigel

Peter Jenkins
12th April 2004, 06:06 AM
try http://www.forteantimes.com/ (http://www.forteantimes.com). As well as the magazine format, they also have a discussion site, much like this one. If you come across a poster named Lucianarchy tell him/her we all say "Hi".
P

Ed
12th April 2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Psiphi
Are there any woo-woo sites like this one and if so, can you direct me to them? I am a believer and would like to examine the flip side of the coin. Much thanks.:)

Which areas of belief do you happen to subscribe to?

Crystals can "heal"?
Ramtha channels a rich broad and tells her stuff?
Some form of mainstream religion?
That dead people talk to the living?
Zombies?
Kelpies?
Toads?
Witches (the real thing, not drug addled loons dancing around Stonehenge)?
Trolls?
Remote Viewing?
Pixies?
Bigfoot?
Sympathetic magic?
That humans can move things thru the power of their mind?
That people can know what is going to happen before it does?
Prayer?
The Greek Pantheon?
The Roman Pantheon?
The Teutonic Pantheon?
The Hindu Pantheon?
Some other Pantheon?
UFO's?
Some conspiracy (Kennedy, Chemtrails, Moon Landing, Mars coverup)
"The Angels of Mons"?
The "Signo" by which Constantine "Vinces"?
That people can know what other people are thinking?
Satan, Belzebub, "The Devil", Mephistophiles, demons?
Hauntings and Ghosts?
Tree Sprits?
Nessie (my fav)?
The Abominible Snowman?
Frosty the Snowman?
Santa?
Easter Bunny?
Tooth Fairy? Any sort of Fairy?
Pan?
Weyland Smith (another fav of mine)?
NDE's
Homeopathy?
That any money will be left in Social Security when you retire?
That politicions are not crooks?
WMD's?

That should provide a good start for us to understand what you believe.

VicDaring
12th April 2004, 07:03 AM
Don't know if this is in your area of interest, but here's a UFO site (http://users.erols.com/feanor17/Ufo.html) that I bookmarked for some reason.

Enjoy.

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
12th April 2004, 08:35 AM
Working diligently to resist jumping to conclusions . . .

~~ Paul

Psi Baba
12th April 2004, 08:35 AM
I suggest you try this one:

http://www.legendsandlore.com/sockpuppets.html

Dragonrock
12th April 2004, 09:10 AM
Dragonrock dials his cell phone then holds it to his ear.

"Yes, police? I would like to report a hit and run posting. Some nub posted a vaguely coherent insult then ran away... Yes sir, I believe he's gone, the post is stamped from about 4 hours ago. Thank you"


Dragonrock hangs up and goes about his business.

BillHoyt
12th April 2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Dragonrock
Dragonrock dials his cell phone then holds it to his ear.

"Yes, police? I would like to report a hit and run posting. Some nub posted a vaguely coherent insult then ran away... Yes sir, I believe he's gone, the post is stamped from about 4 hours ago. Thank you"


Dragonrock hangs up and goes about his business.
Aw, gee, Dragonrock, what a bitch-slapping! You don't know what the poster thinks! You're not the host! You're not the gatekeeper!

...hmm...what else?... oh, yeah!

Where's the welcome to the site? Huh?

... let's see now, there must be more...

This kind of thing just gives skeptics a bad name. What jumping to conclusions! Just because the poster saunters in and immediately starts a thread. Just because the poster dumps a curious, short, perhaps mildly insulting post and runs. Just because...

Bad boy. Bad bad boy. Bad bad bad boy.

Woo sites like this one. Sure.

phildonnia
12th April 2004, 10:34 AM
This offers a pretty wide selection of wooity:

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Their "evidence" forum is especially enlightening.

Yahweh
12th April 2004, 05:26 PM
This one is pretty fun:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

WildCat
12th April 2004, 05:53 PM
Don't forget the ultimate Christian creationist woo-woo site. (http://www.nwcreation.net/earthage.html) So much BS you can smell it even w/ your head in a bucket of formaldehyde. (But don't do that!)

DangerousBeliefs
12th April 2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by WildCat
Don't forget the ultimate Christian creationist woo-woo site. (http://www.nwcreation.net/earthage.html) So much BS you can smell it even w/ your head in a bucket of formaldehyde. (But don't do that!)

I'll call your creationist website and raise you Dr.* Kent Hovind!

http://www.drdino.com


*Doctorate provided by a degree mill for $35

!Xx+-Rational-+xX!
12th April 2004, 06:41 PM
The worst woo-woo page ever!


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dreaming

T'ai Chi
12th April 2004, 10:53 PM
I'd say any site on breatharianism is a good candidate.

Dragonrock
13th April 2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by BillHoyt

Aw, gee, Dragonrock, what a bitch-slapping! You don't know what the poster thinks! You're not the host! You're not the gatekeeper!

...hmm...what else?... oh, yeah!

Where's the welcome to the site? Huh?

... let's see now, there must be more...

This kind of thing just gives skeptics a bad name. What jumping to conclusions! Just because the poster saunters in and immediately starts a thread. Just because the poster dumps a curious, short, perhaps mildly insulting post and runs. Just because...

Bad boy. Bad bad boy. Bad bad bad boy.

Woo sites like this one. Sure.

Thank you Billy, I am now chastised and will be good from the rest of my life.

Psi Baba
13th April 2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by phildonnia
This offers a pretty wide selection of wooity:

What a great word!

BillHoyt
13th April 2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Dragonrock


Thank you Billy, I am now chastised and will be good from the rest of my life.
You'll be chaste the rest of your life? Over that? Oh, wait...
never mind.

repairman
17th April 2004, 10:16 AM
Just to let you know IRS agents raided http://www.drdino.com Kent Hovind's home and buisness

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/news/041704/Local/ST006.shtml

DangerousBeliefs
17th April 2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by repairman
Just to let you know IRS agents raided http://www.drdino.com Kent Hovind's home and buisness

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/news/041704/Local/ST006.shtml

WOOWHO!

Friday afternoon, Stoll sent a letter to Schneider, demanding the return of the property. Attached to the letter wasdocumentation that Hovind's operations - including Dino Adventure Land, Faith Baptist Church, Creation Science Evangelism and CSE Enterprises - operate under an umbrella organization recognized by the State of Washington.

Ok, so a theme park and operations in Florida operate under (state of) Washington law?

Now that's just the sort of creative tax evasion that Hovind would use.