PDA

View Full Version : Roundup Of 9/11 Media "Hit Pieces"

Walter Ego
14th September 2011, 12:36 PM
From 911 Truth News... that title being an oxymoron if I ever heard one!

http://911truthnews.com/10th-anniversary-911-truth-hit-piece-roundup/

A "hit piece" in truther-speak being of course any media article or radio/tv presentation that doesn't acknowledge that 9/11 could have been an inside job or that truthers might have something valid to say about the events of that day.

I haven't read them all yet but I did learn about Andreas von Bülow: The World's Most Respectable 9/11 Conspiracy Nut (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/andreas_von_blo.php?print=true).

More accurately, Bülow might be called Germany's most respectable 9/11 conspiracy meister (he wrote a best selling 9/11 CT book... the CIA did it) and spent 25 years as member of the German parliament and was a cabinet minister for a few years under the Helmut Schmidt administration.

Jonathan Kay, author of Among the Truthers, wrote about the recent "International Hearings" on 9/11 in Toronto.

http://www.themarknews.com/articles/6659-tall-tales-fading-away

The article is entitled Tall Tales, Fading Away and Kay believes, correctly, the truth movement is withering into total insignificance.

I believe the 9/11 Truth movement has been in decline since 2008. This is the result of a number of factors:

1.The primary motivation for many Truthers was the war in Iraq (which is why the Truth movement did not peak until between 2004 and 2006, several years after the 9/11 attacks). Many anti-war critics saw that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and then asked themselves, “What else was the U.S. government lying about?” Now that the Iraq war is in denouement and out of the headlines, the impulse toward 9/11 conspiracism has been reduced.

2.The great villains of the 9/11 Truth movement were the “neocons” in the Bush administration. Once those neocons left office, 9/11 conspiracy theories were like Hollywood action films without villains. Some Truthers transferred their suspicion to the new president, Barack Obama, and the people around him, claiming that the Democrats were covering up for the crimes committed by the Republicans. But it was a dubious jump – even for conspiracy theorists.

3.For millions of North Americans, the 2008 financial crisis and the resulting recession have now superseded the 9/11 attacks as the defining trauma of our era. Thus, new conspiracy theories tend to focus on financial themes (especially the Federal Reserve) rather than military and geopolitical themes. I have also observed a transfer of conspiracist attention to crank health scares, such as those involving WiFi computer networks.

9/11 conspiracy theories won’t disappear entirely. Rather, they will sink into the subterranean edifice of paranoia on which future conspiracy theories [will] build their new fantasies – much in the way that many 9/11 Truthers based their own attitudes on conspiracy theories from the JFK era and the Cold War. This week’s hearings in Toronto may be thought of as one last paranoid blowout before the movement fades into the history books.