PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love those Iranians...

zenith-nadir
13th July 2004, 03:55 AM
Source (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=33DQDZK1FYAF4CRBAEOCF EY?type=worldNews&storyID=5652254) TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's Supreme Leader said on Tuesday he believed the United States and Israel, rather than Muslims, were behind the kidnapping and killing of foreign nationals in Iraq. "We seriously suspect the agents Americans and Israelis in conducting such horrendous terrorist moves," the official IRNA news agency quoted Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei as saying in a meeting with visiting Singaporean Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong.And...Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3887311.stm) BBC - Iran's morality police have made several raids in Tehran, in an apparent crackdown on women who flout the strict Islamic dress code. Witnesses said scores of police - including female officers in chadors - raided the Milad commercial centres in western Tehran and took away dozens of young women in special minibuses. Shops selling fashion clothing for women - especially bright figure-hugging coats - were also targeted. Welcome back to the 10th century everybody!

Ziggurat
13th July 2004, 04:13 AM
The Iranians are just playing catchup. The Saudis beat them to it when their royals blamed terrorism inside their own country on Zionism. Got to keep up with the Joneses, and all that.

Nutjobs, the lot of them.

a_unique_person
13th July 2004, 04:20 AM
You quite casually smear all Iranians, when there is in fact a large opposition to the fundy rulers. I believe Iran will be a democratic country in a number or years due to sheer popular support for the concept.

Ziggurat
13th July 2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by a_unique_person
You quite casually smear all Iranians, when there is in fact a large opposition to the fundy rulers.

Yes, I agree. Blame my writing style. Substitute "the mad mullahs of Iran" for "Iranians" and I'll stand by what I wrote. By "the lot of them" I similarly mean those in charge in both countries.

zenith-nadir
13th July 2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by a_unique_person
You quite casually smear all Iranians, when there is in fact a large opposition to the fundy rulers. I believe Iran will be a democratic country in a number or years due to sheer popular support for the concept. He meant me Ziggurat, Substitute "Iran's Supreme Leader " and "Iran's morality police" for "Iranians"....:D

On one hand I do agree with a_u_p. Iran has too many educated people to live under an islamofascist government for too long. The scarey part is that this islamofascist government who lies and arrests women for the clothes they wear is close to having the 'bomb'.

Bottle or the Gun
13th July 2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by zenith-nadir
The scarey part is that this islamofascist government who lies and arrests women for the clothes they wear is close to having the 'bomb'.
Fan-freaking-tastic! When do we (US) invade? Is there a timetable? I understand that Iran actually has the documented capability to create WMD.

zenith-nadir
13th July 2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Bottle or the Gun
Fan-freaking-tastic! When do we (US) invade? Is there a timetable? I understand that Iran actually has the documented capability to create WMD. Nope. No invasion. Only appeasement is going to work, the U.N., France, Germany and Russia are leading the drive to make Iran's Supreme Leader and the Iranian hardline Council of Guardians renounce their unforgiving brand of Islam. ;)

Bottle or the Gun
13th July 2004, 06:55 AM
Nope. No invasion. Only appeasement is going to work, the U.N., France, Germany and Russia are leading the drive to make Iran's Supreme Leader and the Iranian hardline Council of Guardians renounce their unforgiving brand of Islam. ;)
But...but...we invaded another country for a lot reasons. What a gyp!

zenith-nadir
13th July 2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Bottle or the Gun
But...but...we invaded another country for a lot reasons. What a gyp! Not this time Boyo! This time we will send them Freedom Fries, and once Kerry is elected, all the free ketchup they will ever need. That'll show ém!;)

Ralph
13th July 2004, 08:40 AM
He meant me Ziggurat, Substitute "Iran's Supreme Leader " and "Iran's morality police" for "Iranians"....:D

The scarey part is that this islamofascist government who lies and arrests women for the clothes they wear is close to having the 'bomb'.

So....do you think there's anyone here naive enough to believe Irans claim that it's for "peacefull purposes" only???

How about "Since others have them (esp. those damn Jews)...it's only fair that Iran has them?"

You don't have to answer those questions. I know what the answer is.

I can't think on anything more likely to precipitate WW3 than a country like Iran producing nukes.

I'm not sure if the US will allow this or not. I tend to think Israel won't and will respond as they did with Iraq at Osirik.

The UN of course will do nothing.

Mel
13th July 2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

I can't think on anything more likely to precipitate WW3 than a country like Iran producing nukes.

How about the successful assassination of Musharaff & Pakistan being taken over by ITS fundy wackos?

---

In all honesty, I believe Bush's thinking in toppling Iraq was to put into effect a domino theory around the region. Iran's citizens would have been empowered by the freedom of the Iraqis & gone about demanding real freedoms (with a little outside help).

Bush probably felt he had enough 'pull' with the House of Saud to effect changes through more peaceful means.

The whole plan was total crap as soon as he found he was unable to put together a decent coalition and proceeded instead to alienate most of the world through horrendous diplomatic blunders.

Toppling Saddam was ONLY going to be a positive step IF we had majority approval for the action. As it stands, the ONLY one who benefits from Bush's blunders is al Qaeda & other terrorist recruitment groups.

aerocontrols
13th July 2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Mel
Bush probably felt he had enough 'pull' with the House of Saud to effect changes through more peaceful means.

Saudi Arabia has scheduled municiple elections for September of this year. That is how autocracies are democratized through peaceful means, isn't it? Next year a little more, and next year a little more?