PDA

View Full Version : Kerry midnight speech following the Convention?

Ed
2nd September 2004, 08:31 PM
Just heard this. I won't be up for it but WTF?

As I have said (heard it from me first) Kerry is floundering badly. He is simply reacting while GW is acting presidential.

American
2nd September 2004, 08:36 PM
Do you think Skull and Bones told him to run and act like the biggest moron possible? Maybe his reward for this was getting to marry a billionaire, and when it's all over him and George will go drinking in the secret Yale basement.

Jocko
2nd September 2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Ed

As I have said (heard it from me first) Kerry is floundering badly. He is simply reacting while GW is acting presidential.

About time he did something. He's been a punching dummy for three weeks straight now. Think of it as a metaphor for the Kerry doctrine: "Too little, too late."

RandFan
2nd September 2004, 08:43 PM
Kerry Criticizes Cheney for Avoiding Vietnam War (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&u=/nm/20040903/ts_nm/campaign_kerry_dc_3&printer=1)

... he will make at a midnight rally in Springfield, Ohio, shortly after President Bush (news - web sites) delivers his acceptance speech at the Republican convention.

corplinx
2nd September 2004, 09:02 PM
For the past few weeks we've had:
sbvt slams kerry
kerry slams bush in retaliation
bush acts presidential and above the fray

His campaign has been mired down by this and the scary part is they don't seem to be learning.

American
2nd September 2004, 09:21 PM
"...and not be punished by a system that's punitive!"

Good one John. Sounding like Bush would have been a good idea-- maybe 1, 2, or 19 years ago.

Dorian Gray
2nd September 2004, 09:24 PM
For the past few weeks we've had:
sbvt slams kerry
kerry slams bush in retaliation
bush acts presidential and above the fray Dude, you totally left out:
Bush, Cheney, Pataki, Miller and others stop acting presidential/official and start slamming Kerry.

Nice spin, though. Good form.

csense
2nd September 2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ed
Re: Kerry midnight speech following the Convention?

Maybe he's having flashbacks to his VVAW days, in which case if he does take the Presidency then we're all in big trouble :D

The press had a copy of his speech and were criticizing parts of it hours before he held his rally, and in one part, Kerry says, and to paraphrase 'The Vice President said last night that I was unfit [to be commander in chief]'

Of course, the only problem is Cheney never said that. It is a complete fabrication out of whole cloth....and again much in keeping with his VVAW days....

NoZed Avenger
2nd September 2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dorian Gray
Dude, you totally left out:
Bush, Cheney, Pataki, Miller and others stop acting presidential/official and start slamming Kerry.

Well, you made his point.

Kerry SUPPORTERS slamming Bush allows Kerry to stay above the muck and mire -- just as the VP's traditional role in elections is to act as an attack dog. Kerry doing it directly is another matter. Perhaps the prevailing wisdom of the last 4-5 election cycles (what I just stated) is wrong -- and it may well be -- but don't take corp's head off for repeating what has been said by talking heads for 2 decades plus.

Jocko
2nd September 2004, 09:47 PM

None of whom happen to be the president.

Physician, heal thyself.

corplinx
2nd September 2004, 10:20 PM

Spin, hah. Look, we can disgree without you saying things like that about me. If I spin, I do so with a smile for ***** ang giggles and I don't back down from it.

In this case, I was referring to the weeks preceding the convention. Up until now, that has been the pattern.

Pardon me for not making that more clear. I am not denying that they slammed Kerry in their convention speeches.

Dorian Gray
3rd September 2004, 01:20 PM

Jocko: None of whom happen to be the president.

Let's look at that again:Originally posted by Dorian Gray

Jocko: None of whom happen to be the president. And one more time for the vision impaired: Originally posted by Dorian Gray
BUSH , Cheney, Pataki, Miller and others stop acting presidential/official and start slamming Kerry.

Jocko: None of whom happen to be the president. Either you have poor vision, poor intelligence, a poor grasp of current events, or you're a troll.

Physician, heal thyself. I'll wait while you look up 'irony'.