PDA

View Full Version : Religious zealots cannot be moral

Bruce
16th October 2004, 06:17 AM
I offer my evidence here:

Re: Question for 1inChrist

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kedo1981
Question for 1inChrist

You are commanded by God (it is without a doubt the big guy his self (burning bush method of godly ID) to hijack a 747 and crash it into the nearest sky scraper. Don’t wuss out and claim it mustn’t be God telling to you do this evil act (it’s 100 percent certain that it is god); what do you do?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Lord instructed me to do something, I would follow His commands. The Lord is my Creator and Master. If He calls upon me for a mission, I will complete it.

Definition of moral: conforming to a standard of right behavior

If the above was considered standard right behavior, shouldn't be all be crashing planes into buildings? Zealots have no understanding of right and wrong. They only do what they think their god wants them to do, even if what they think their god wants them to do is clearly evil.

1inChrist
16th October 2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Bruce
Definition of moral: conforming to a standard of right behavior

And right behavior is obeying His commands.

If the above was considered standard right behavior, shouldn't be all be crashing planes into buildings?

Only if He commands you too. Otherwise no, thou shall not murder.

Zealots have no understanding of right and wrong.

No, materialist zealots have no sense of right and wrong as they do not live a life according to His Word.

They only do what they think their god wants them to do, even if what they think their god wants them to do is clearly evil.

If God does it it's not evil. God = Good Anti-God = bad. Period.

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
16th October 2004, 06:40 AM
1inChrist said:
Only if He commands you too. Otherwise no, thou shall not murder.
Especially if He is a dog. Always listen to the voice of your dog.

If God does it it's not evil. God = Good Anti-God = bad. Period.
But how can you be sure that it is God speaking to you, rather than the Devil tricking you? After all, don't you think it was the Devil tricking the terrorists?

~~ Paul

1inChrist
16th October 2004, 08:19 AM
Especially if He is a dog. Always listen to the voice of your dog.

Are you implying that I'm crazy? I am not crazy I am just a man of Faith.

But how can you be sure that it is God speaking to you, rather than the Devil tricking you? After all, don't you think it was the Devil tricking the terrorists?

No because I would call upon the name of Jesus and if the voice kept talking that means it's god and if the voice stopped that means it's Satan.

RamblingOnwards
16th October 2004, 08:38 AM
No because I would call upon the name of Jesus and if the voice kept talking that means it's god and if the voice stopped that means it's Satan.

Maybe this belief is also a trick by Satan. What's your supporting evidence for it? How do you personally distinguish between voices as a result of mental instability and the voice of God? Even if the above is true, 'voices in your head' aren't bound by it.

Lord Emsworth
16th October 2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by 1inChrist
Are you implying that I'm crazy? I am not crazy I am just a man of Faith.

A lot of people in loony bins have voices in their head ...

And how would you know this???

DarkMagician
16th October 2004, 02:22 PM
No because I would call upon the name of Jesus and if the voice kept talking that means it's god and if the voice stopped that means it's Satan. I remember when I thought I was talking to God. I became a little skeptical and decided to trick the voice. It fell like a house of cards.

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
16th October 2004, 03:47 PM
1inChrist said:
These are the only possibilities?

~~ Paul

c4ts
16th October 2004, 03:55 PM
That's right. If God told 1inC to lie, cheat, steal, and kill people, he'd do it without question. His entire moral philosophy eradicates any moral basis so it all boils what his omnipotent god says, a god that is capable of immoral action.

AWPrime
16th October 2004, 04:05 PM
Making 1InC nothing but an immoral tool.

Thumper
16th October 2004, 05:14 PM
Ok.

I consider myself part of the religious right (but don't tell anyone around here), well at least my definition of religious right. And even I think 1inChrist is a looney.

Jeez!

Ratman_tf
16th October 2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Thumper
Ok.

I consider myself part of the religious right (but don't tell anyone around here), well at least my definition of religious right. And even I think 1inChrist is a looney.

Jeez!

He's a freakin caricature.

c4ts
16th October 2004, 05:33 PM
Ok.

Jeez!

I wonder if he really is trying to make you look bad.

Thumper
16th October 2004, 05:35 PM
If he's not making me look bad, I could name several others who are... and they seem to all have TV shows. :)

Kitty Chan
16th October 2004, 05:38 PM

1inChrist

you have said this before, can you please expand more on what exactly you are saying here. Can you explain in another way? more detail or something.

I see a basic principle in what you say so if you explain it a bit more maybe it will be clearer.

Thanks

c4ts
16th October 2004, 05:41 PM
You know what I find funny? 1inC's title says "Critical Thinker" right now.

c4ts
16th October 2004, 05:47 PM

So let's say you hear a voice in your head telling you to go shoot up an elementary school because the kids who go there are all sinners and the school was teaching them to be evil. You call upon the name of Jesus, and the voice tells you to blow up a buss full of nuns in addition to killing the kids as a test of your faith. Would you really obey that voice?

Thumper
16th October 2004, 06:09 PM
What if God commanded you to take your son to a nearby nountain and kill him in God's name? Would you have the faith of Abraham to do it?

Lord Emsworth
16th October 2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by c4ts
You know what I find funny? 1inC's title says "Critical Thinker" right now.

The amount of thinking is critical after all.

Kitty Chan
16th October 2004, 10:35 PM
What if God commanded you to take your son to a nearby nountain and kill him in God's name? Would you have the faith of Abraham to do it?

Do you remember what Abraham said to his son about God, that God would provide? ?

Suggestologist
16th October 2004, 10:58 PM

Who put that idea in your head?

c4ts
16th October 2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Suggestologist
Who put that idea in your head?

My guess is "the Bible." Don't know which author, though.

Suggestologist
16th October 2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by c4ts
My guess is "the Bible." Don't know which author, though.

I'd rather hear from 1inChrist. I'm not aware of any bible verse that talks about criteria for verifying the source of intracerebral voices.

Kitty Chan
17th October 2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Suggestologist
I'd rather hear from 1inChrist. I'm not aware of any bible verse that talks about criteria for verifying the source of intracerebral voices.

Thats why I posted a bit earlier here, theres some basis for what he says but I need to know the complete thought to see if it follows that basis.