PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand's version of a crop circle

DavoMan
23rd May 2005, 02:23 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3288432a11,00.html
"
Just how the giant figure, adopting the haka stance, got into a paddock near Christchurch Airport remains a mystery."

I saw this on the news. The figure is absolutely massive. What do you guys reckon?

MRC_Hans
23rd May 2005, 02:59 AM
Made by creatures of some intelligence, with access to fibre matting, spikes and mallets.

On such species is quite abundant, even in NZ: Homo Sapiens.

Case closed.

Hans

DavoMan
23rd May 2005, 03:51 AM
I didn't mean to imply I didn't know how it was done.

Rather that its interesting how such a feat can be done so quickly. I saw the size of the nails - huge things.

Donks
23rd May 2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by MRC_Hans
Made by creatures of some intelligence, with access to fibre matting, spikes and mallets.

On such species is quite abundant, even in NZ: Homo Sapiens.

Case closed.

Hans
I disagree. This was obviously done by a subspecies common in some former british colonies, and a few other European countries: Homo rugbinus fanaticus.

MRC_Hans
23rd May 2005, 04:11 AM
Carry in the mat as a roll. Unroll it. Nail it down. Walk away. Four to six people, I'd say 20 minutes. Especially if they practiced a bit.

Now, I don't know about this, but I have studied a number of more conventional crop "circles", and the story about how it happened in no time and how that mysteriously, nobody heard or saw anything usually doesn't hold much water.

More often than not, the field in question is so far from dwellings that an army could trample around without catching attention, and the statement "it appeared Friday night" really only means: "I only noticed it Saturday morning"; when you look close, it might have been there all week.

Hans

DavoMan
23rd May 2005, 04:26 AM
Yeah good point. He also admitted that he wasn't even there friday evening. But still. Pretty neat prank.

DavoMan
26th May 2005, 01:12 AM
Update:
I was walking through town when I saw the same haka figure on a poster around the back of a store, and later that day found the same haka figure on a small sticker on the footpath.

I called up the reporter (in true scooby doo fashion) and aparently its some kind of promotion gag for nike. ;)
Sounded like a hot chick too. Mmm.