PDA

View Full Version : New $cientology talk show, complete with space aliens

Desertphile
26th July 2005, 01:40 PM
Oh my god! They keep getting better! Dave Touretzky as he walks the two Scientologists through their space opera beliefs: http://www.xenutv.com/radio/dst-071405.htm

Tmy
26th July 2005, 02:17 PM
Sci is no less kooky than any other religion.

Desertphile
26th July 2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Tmy

Therapists at various recovery centers consider Scientology the worse of the bunch. Wellspring reported that victims of Scientology take the longest, by far, to recover than any other victim of totalitarian cult abuse.

Tmy
26th July 2005, 02:28 PM
Really?? Cause I know people that never recover from cults. They are called preists and nuns.

Luke T.
26th July 2005, 03:12 PM
Some pretty wild claims in this broadcast. They claim on 9/11, that their services were demanded at Ground Zero.

Female Scientologist: Scientologists have the knowledge of technology we call the Assist Technology which helps people when they're in a state of trauma. And in fact it was the volunteer ministers of the Church of Scientology which were the ones that the Emergency Medical Technicians and the firefighters demanded be on the spot to be able to help them.

Host: Ground Zero firefighters?

FS: Yes.

Host: Really? So what did that do for the firefighters?

FS: Well, there were two main basic assists that were used. One is called a Locational which helps orient a person in space and time. Because if you experience a trauma, sometimes it reminds you of something you've had in the past. So you could be thinking of that or consumed with that and so you're not able to react quickly, that kind of thing. So this brings the person into present time.

Host: That's Location Assist. And Nerve Assist is what?

FS: Well, that's something if you can kind of imagine that when someone is working really hard for a long period of time and they, the nerves can kind of trap energy, and so the Nerve Assist basically goes along the nerve channels and allows that to be released.

Luke T.
26th July 2005, 03:16 PM
Slate article on Scientology at Ground Zero (http://slate.msn.com/id/2108471/)

In September 2002, the New York Rescue Workers Detox Project began to offer free "detoxification treatment" to firefighters, police officers, and others exposed to high levels of toxic debris in the aftermath of the World Trade Center's collapse. The detox program—based on the teachings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard and detailed in his book Clear Body, Clear Mind—purports to "flush" poisons from the body's fat stores using an intensive regimen of jogging, oil ingestion, sauna, and high doses of vitamins, particularly niacin.

Critics contend that the regimen lacks any scientific basis. But some former participants, with whom I spoke during a daylong visit to the clinic, believe that the program has dramatically improved their health and are lobbying local officials, as well as members of Congress, to support it with public funding. (To date, at least $30,000 in city money has been allocated; this money appears in the most recent city budget, and an additional $300,000 from city sources is potentially in the offing, according to Councilwoman Margarita Lopez. The program has also received $2.3 million in funding from private donors, including Cruise.)

Luke T.
26th July 2005, 03:50 PM
Host: Professor Touretzky, why do you think Tom Cruise, for example, he's the hot one right now, why is Scientology attractive, why is he a Scientologist?

Professor: Scientology actively recruits celebrities. They even have special Celebrity Centers where celebrities are fawned over and pampered. Tom Cruise doesn't see the ugly side of Scientology. As a Scientology celebrity, he gets very special treatment, very special handling.

Host: Do you have Celebrity Centers, Ellen and Brian?

Male Scientologist: We do have Celebrity Centers, but they're not fondling these people.

:D

Desertphile
26th July 2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Luke T.
Some pretty wild claims in this broadcast. They claim on 9/11, that their services were demanded at Ground Zero.

Female Scientologist: Scientologists have the knowledge of technology we call the Assist Technology which helps people when they're in a state of trauma. And in fact it was the volunteer ministers of the Church of Scientology which were the ones that the Emergency Medical Technicians and the firefighters demanded be on the spot to be able to help them.

Host: Ground Zero firefighters?

FS: Yes.

This is, of course, a bloody load of crap. The Scientologists were EJECTED from "ground zero" by police and the Red Cross and told to get lost or get arrested. The Scientologists were in the way.

For the very ugly facts, see http://holysmoke.org/vultures/vultures.htm

The facts: Scientologists rushed to the area specifically to hinder and prevent rescue workers and trama care providers. One Scientology email from their private list even crowed with pride at hindering the relief effort at "ground zero."

Desertphile
26th July 2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Luke T.
Slate article on Scientology at Ground Zero (http://slate.msn.com/id/2108471/)

By the way--- the New Yourk City firefighters who were subjected to Scientology Inc.'s dangerous and worthless "detox" later ended the "program" when they discovered the quack "treatment" could case irreversable liver damage.

Elind
27th July 2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Tmy

Actually it is, in part because it was lifted off the science fiction section of a bookstore, but we wouldn't expect you to know that.

The Fool
27th July 2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Elind
Actually it is, in part because it was lifted off the science fiction section of a bookstore, but we wouldn't expect you to know that.
I notice TMY somehow forces you to use ad-hom on him every time he posts. How has he gained control of you like this?

a_unique_person
27th July 2005, 09:33 PM

That's not really any better a source of a religion than many others. Buddhism seems more rational, but Xianity is real 'big guy in the sky stuff'.

Elind
27th July 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by The Fool
I notice TMY somehow forces you to use ad-hom on him every time he posts. How has he gained control of you like this?

Because he pisses me off with idiotic posts, perhaps? Why do you care?

Elind
27th July 2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by a_unique_person
That's not really any better a source of a religion than many others. Buddhism seems more rational, but Xianity is real 'big guy in the sky stuff'.

This one I'll ignore:p

The Fool
27th July 2005, 10:07 PM
Because he pisses me off with idiotic posts, perhaps? Why do you care?
Because I'm trying to convince him to use his powers for good and not evil....

Tmy
28th July 2005, 03:22 PM
Because I'm trying to convince him to use his powers for good and not evil....

I would have use them for good. But evil pays better.

He uses the ad hom cause he's got nothing better. And whats so idiotic about my posts!?!?

Aoidoi
28th July 2005, 05:27 PM
I dunno, but 75 million year old space aliens who hate psychiatry seems a little kookier to me than a guy teaching about loving your neighbors and then having an unfortunate run-in with the Romans. I mean, at least we know the Romans existed. ;)

(and apropo of nothing... good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere)

Tmy
30th July 2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Aoidoi
I dunno, but 75 million year old space aliens who hate psychiatry seems a little kookier to me than a guy teaching about loving your neighbors and then having an unfortunate run-in with the Romans. I mean, at least we know the Romans existed. ;)

(and apropo of nothing... good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere)

Kookier than virgin giving birth to an all seeing/knowing ghosts only son??? Kookier than a guy who takes 2 of every animal, fits them all in a boat, and saves them from a killer flood that wipes the earth clean??

Kooky is in the eye of the beholder.;)

Elind
30th July 2005, 06:04 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been elsewhere.

TMY has been in the wrong place at the wrong time, carrying idiotic opinions.

You really should consult your dictionary, even an Aussie one, more often, because ad-hominem means calling someone not an idiot for what he says, but for what he is. IE "idiotic human comment" (EG coming from a Martian).

However "idiotic comment" because, if what it says, and by implication extended to the person saying it, is not ad hominem.

What it is, is taking responsibility for what you say, and being responsible for the same....as when you made a feeble attempt to call me a pedophile, without the slightest connection to the issue at hand.

Capiche?