PDA

View Full Version : Boris Johnson sceptical on climate change

Crispy Duck
6th February 2006, 07:15 AM
I though readers here might be interested in this piece from the online Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/02/02/do0201.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/02/02/ixportal.html

including:

Or is [Lovelock] completely wrong? To say that would be an offence not just against science, but against a growing world religion.

Background for non-British readers: Boris Johnson is a Conservative MP who likes to portray himself as an amiable buffoon, but who is a lot brighter than he first seems. He's currently trying to improve his image in the hopes of becoming a more serious player in British politics.

brettDbass
6th February 2006, 08:58 AM
[Johnson-mode]

Pfff, well ummmm, CRIKEY! Yes indeed, ah, *hair flops over forehead* well might you say that, uh, but ummmmm..... well is it oh, err, or isn't it, uhm, you know, is it really like that or um *hair flops in other direction* ... err yes, oh CRIKEY, you know is it really not like that at all? Bloody scousers!
Cor, isn't it cold in here? Turn up the heating, luv.

[/Johnson-mode]

Jorghnassen
6th February 2006, 09:21 AM
OK Europe, you had enough fun. Now please give us back our winter.

Love,

North America

brettDbass
6th February 2006, 09:33 AM
OK Europe, you had enough fun. Now please give us back our winter.

Love,

North America
Dear North America,

Thank you for your lovely letter.
Unfortunately we seem to have lost your winter somewhere in transit (we only wanted to borrow it for a month or so). The postal systems over here aren't very good these days and you know how corrupt all those courier companies are.
It is possible that you winter was misdirected to some other area - we have sent your message to our Eastern neighbours for their perusal.

Anyway, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by us having lost your winter.

Yours Sincerely,
North-Western Europe.

Nucular
6th February 2006, 12:28 PM
I like Boris, despite his being a hateful Tory pigdog. He's a pleasant sort, or seems to be, and in direct contravention of Conservative Party guidelines he actually has been caught making sense in the past.

I wish he was the Tory leader, politics would be so much more... Beanoesque.

Dave_46
6th February 2006, 03:20 PM

That is just Dandy

Dave

kevin
6th February 2006, 03:41 PM
[Johnson-mode]

Pfff, well ummmm, CRIKEY! Yes indeed, ah, *hair flops over forehead* well might you say that, uh, but ummmmm..... well is it oh, err, or isn't it, uhm, you know, is it really like that or um *hair flops in other direction* ... err yes, oh CRIKEY, you know is it really not like that at all? Bloody scousers!
Cor, isn't it cold in here? Turn up the heating, luv.

[/Johnson-mode]

that reads like a GWB speech given by one of Monty Python's Gumbys.

brodski
6th February 2006, 03:55 PM
I like Boris, despite his being a hateful Tory pigdog. He's a pleasant sort, or seems to be, and in direct contravention of Conservative Party guidelines he actually has been caught making sense in the past.

Yeah, he's such a loveable chap, giving out the home addresses of his journalists so that they can get physically attacked by crooks that they have exposed. as long as those crooks happen to be mates of Borris'.
What a card. :rolleyes:

Boris can only get away with this behavior as long as he is seen as a "lovable buffoon", if he ever gets any real power he'll be crushed by all the skeletons falling out of his closet at once.

Nucular
6th February 2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah, he's such a loveable chap, giving out the home addresses of his journalists so that they can get physically attacked by crooks that they have exposed. as long as those crooks happen to be mates of Borris'.
What a card. :rolleyes:

Boris can only get away with this behavior as long as he is seen as a "lovable buffoon", if he ever gets any real power he'll be crushed by all the skeletons falling out of his closet at once.
Yeah, but that was obviously just a mistake caused by loveable buffoonery.

I'm sure he remarked "oo-er" when he realised.

Same as his bullish stubbornness in employing the appalling bigot Taki - ooh there'll be egg on Boris's face when he realises! Cripes!

Rolfe
6th February 2006, 04:57 PM
Anyway, bright our Boris may be, but he's an arts and humanities man. Wouldn't know a science proposition if it bit him on the ankle.

Rolfe.

lenny
6th February 2006, 04:59 PM
I though readers here might be interested in this piece from the online Telegraph including:
Or is [Lovelock] completely wrong? To say that would be an offence not just against science, but against a growing world religion.
interesting.

saying something is wrong is never an offence in science, it is an invitation to dance.

of course, the reaction to saying something is wrong in religion depends on whether you are talking to an evangelical or a theologian.

then again, perhaps that condition holds in science as well?