PDA

View Full Version : ignorance of science

psy kick
15th May 2006, 09:55 AM
Another board I enjoy is called christian forums, as I am a believer.
Well, I posted a prayer request on there and lo and behold, someone gives a link to "deliverance ministries."
So I read it, and yep, it claims hiv and cancer are caused by demons.
I figured I would tell this person, but it seems they believe thats true!
In 2006.

Pauliesonne
15th May 2006, 10:00 AM
What did you think was going to happen?

psy kick
15th May 2006, 10:12 AM
Well, for goodness sake, not all christians are looney! There is this thing called science. I would think it was obvious to anyone who was taught it in grade school.
It just surprises me. Guess it shouldn't.

I less than three logic
15th May 2006, 10:34 AM
Loonies are all over. The best way to find one is to post a question or request on the internet. This will attract them better than gallons of fish chum dumped into the ocean will attract sharks. :)

strathmeyer
15th May 2006, 11:02 AM
Well, for goodness sake, not all christians are looney! There is this thing called science. I would think it was obvious to anyone who was taught it in grade school.
It just surprises me. Guess it shouldn't.

You realize you're making fun of other people's crazy beliefs in order to make yourself feel better about your own crazy beliefs, right? How come science can only answer things that you don't believe in?

gfunkusarelius
15th May 2006, 11:34 AM
You realize you're making fun of other people's crazy beliefs in order to make yourself feel better about your own crazy beliefs, right? How come science can only answer things that you don't believe in?

hey, way to make someone not wanna come back here, haha. i was raised a christian (lutheran church) and they didnt really push creationism as "the truth" but more as a condensed revelation of god's creation...days werent literally days necessarily, etc. so i was baffled when i found out my uncle was a creationist, i honestly didnt even really realize churches encouraged anyone to think that way anymore (and i was in college at this time), so i think psy kick was expressing this same sort of surprise that a fellow christian was saying something he felt was clearly untrue

psy kick
15th May 2006, 11:47 AM
You realize you're making fun of other people's crazy beliefs in order to make yourself feel better about your own crazy beliefs, right? How come science can only answer things that you don't believe in?No. My belief in God is a faith; a belief of mine. I cannot prove it true, and technically, it can't be proven false.
Here belief in virus' not causing disease is easily disproven.

Dancing David
15th May 2006, 12:05 PM

What on earth are you trying to say here.

Are you sure that aids and cancer are caused by demons, we could assume that they just use the word demons to mean viruses but I doubt it.

Are you hyper-reactive, psy kick didn't6 seem to be laughing at any one.

Do you have any proof of your conjecture or is it just unsupported speculation. What evidence do you have as to psy kicks motives.

And you seem to have some bizzare defintion of science to boot.

TobiasTheViking
15th May 2006, 01:27 PM
No. My belief in God is a faith; a belief of mine. I cannot prove it true, and technically, it can't be proven false.
Here belief in virus' not causing disease is easily disproven.
don't mind him. You sound nice, i hope you stay :)

psy kick
15th May 2006, 05:54 PM
I've been here awhile! Posted more lately.