PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your balls...

infornography
29th June 2006, 10:32 AM
I am trying desperately to find an old IBM (or at least I think it was IBM) document about how to keep your mouse balls clean.

It was very amusingly written because (if I remember correctly) it never said the word mouse, just kind of assumed it and so inuendo was very fun.

The reason I am looking for it is that I am teaching an A+ core class and this would make a great addition to a lesson.

Does anyone have a copy of it or know where I can download it? I would be very appreciative. Unfortunately searching for it is difficult because the last time I saw it was about a decade ago and I can't remember enough key words and phrases to track it down.

Thanks.

_Q_
29th June 2006, 12:08 PM
I am trying desperately to find an old IBM (or at least I think it was IBM) document about how to keep your mouse balls clean.

It was very amusingly written because (if I remember correctly) it never said the word mouse, just kind of assumed it and so inuendo was very fun.

The reason I am looking for it is that I am teaching an A+ core class and this would make a great addition to a lesson.

Does anyone have a copy of it or know where I can download it? I would be very appreciative. Unfortunately searching for it is difficult because the last time I saw it was about a decade ago and I can't remember enough key words and phrases to track it down.

Thanks.

Is this (http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/mouse.htm) what you seek?

infornography
29th June 2006, 12:11 PM
afraid not. It was about cleaning, not replacing... At least thats what I remember.... I also remember it being a good bit longer than that...

To be perfectly honest however, given how long it has been and that I only saw it once or twice I could be remembering it very very wrong.

Thanks though.

RSLancastr
29th June 2006, 02:42 PM
I remember it, but I don't think it was an actual IBM document, but a joke.

infornography
29th June 2006, 02:52 PM
I remember it, but I don't think it was an actual IBM document, but a joke.

Even as a joke, it would suit my purposes nicely. That being to educate with a bit of humor.