PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Opinion Test

Nie Trink Wasser
28th May 2003, 01:42 PM
the time has come to revert back to elementary school and retake this test, since it seems many of us have a hard time differentiating between the two ...

http://www.umassd.edu/specialprograms/info_lit/quiz_fo.html

ssibal
28th May 2003, 01:55 PM
2. FAA investigators stated that the crash of TWA flight 109 was caused by faulty landing gear and not pilot error based
on the evidence that was recovered. (fact / opinion)

Interesting that they consider this to be an opinion. I always thought that whether or not someone stated something was not a matter of opinion.

Ed
28th May 2003, 01:55 PM
2. FAA investigators stated that the crash of TWA flight 109 was caused by faulty landing gear and not pilot error based on the evidence that was recovered. (fact / opinion)

A fact, the FAA guys said something. If they would have said "the flight blah blah according to FAA investigators" it would be opinion.

Mass .... Bah

hammegk
28th May 2003, 02:04 PM
Howdy, Ed-god, long time no see. ;)

Skeptical Greg
28th May 2003, 02:17 PM
The only thing you can say about that test, is that your answer would be an opinion, unless you have more facts about the questions stated.

Upchurch
28th May 2003, 02:21 PM
Yikes. It's poorly programmed. I go the first one right, which sent me to the "correct" page. Once I went back to the test page itself, all the correct answers were highlighted as "visited", clearly showing the correct answer for every other question.

Sundog
28th May 2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Upchurch
Yikes. It's poorly programmed.

But that's just your opinion.

Ed
28th May 2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by hammegk
Howdy, Ed-god, long time no see. ;)

Prepair for the Jihad against Skinny:mad:

Mr. Skinny
28th May 2003, 03:27 PM