PDA

View Full Version : "My Autistic Child is Possessed by Demons"

Miss Whiplash
26th August 2006, 07:08 AM
I may be over reacting, but this thread on the Ghost Hunters forum is very disturbing.

My Autistic Child is Possessed (www.taps18forum.com/index.php/topic,43857.0.html)

I feel like calling child protective services.

Lisa Simpson
26th August 2006, 07:10 AM
I can't see it. Can you give a synopsis?

Miss Whiplash
26th August 2006, 07:35 AM
I can't see it. Can you give a synopsis?

It started with this:
Ok all maybe someone can help me with this. I have a five year old high functioning autistic child that since birth has had issues with the other "dimensions". Before Katrina hit us I could have even given you proof of this because of the pictures I had that showed the faces and in one claws across his face. Most of the spirits are not bothersome but he has one lately that is truly disturbing. I have yet to see it but I notice times when nothing is going on he goes into extreme fits. He is on medication and his doctors can't explain it since it has been a year and we have settled into a new routine. I am wondering if something is following him around?? I have tried all spiritual methods to help him and I am stymied. The other night I was sitting here at the computer at 3:00 in the morning and I heard a voice scream yell for him and then giggle. It was definitely a young girl. I searched the house and nothing was here. 5 min later he was awake screaming for help. Can someone give me an idea what else I can do for him??? Thanks.

And is still going with enablers suggesting the child has demons and she needs to call paranormal investigators and demonologists.

Tyltyl
26th August 2006, 07:58 AM
But thankfully humanity evolved and civilized, and they are not burning him alive :-/
The autistic child is just...autistic, but the mother has a few problem as well. Poor son, he just needs loving, proper parents and good doctors.

Loss Leader
26th August 2006, 08:28 AM
It takes different strokes (http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/port_lofi.cfm/sound_iid.55532) to move the world.

And somebody should give this lady a different stroke upside the head.

(Seriously, click on the link. It's fun.)

CLD
26th August 2006, 11:14 AM
Belief in demons: sometimes it's more than harmless eccentricity.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/25/autistic.boy.death/

bob_kark
26th August 2006, 11:37 AM
How do these people survive? How can you have a child with Autism and not understand how it works?

Miss Whiplash
26th August 2006, 12:48 PM
These people are not practicing good mental health themselves, to say the least. I expect the posters to look like your B movie peasent rabble - ignorant people brandishing torches and pitchforks.

It's a disturbing post. It's also disturbing the TAPS and "Ghost Hunters" now has a nationwide network of "TAPS Family" paranormal "experts" dishing out this woo.

kittynh
26th August 2006, 03:49 PM
oh dear, because there is so much good research going on in the field of autism. When there is nothing available, I can see people trying some alternative junk. I know my husbands cousin turned to woo when her bone cancer was diagnosed (and she was asked if she even wanted to do chemo, since there was no hope). Heck, I even bought her some crystals (pre JREF days, I didn't believe, but she had asked for help from everyone...).

But when there are good treatments available! And, a lot of this treatment for autism is time sensitive!!! You can't think, "well, the exorcism didn't work, he's 14 now, let's try to school with the early intervention!!!"

kittynh
26th August 2006, 03:50 PM
mind you, I know for a fact that demonic possession only takes place in the early teen years.

Miss Whiplash
26th August 2006, 04:04 PM
After posting the symptoms of delusional personality disorders I received this benediction:

"You have been banned!

Reason: You've worn out your welcome here."

Ok...I'm sure I'll survive. :shocked: :D

CLD
26th August 2006, 04:24 PM
Maybe it's best that you've been banned because you'd blow a gasket if you saw what was going on in that forum now. They clearly don't want reason intruding on their party. For them, it's Halloween 365 days a year, and if the woman burns sage and starts collecting EVP's instead of listening to her son's psychiatrist, they're happy.

Miss Whiplash
26th August 2006, 04:29 PM
They certainly have a problem when anyone tries to snap them back to reality. I hope the majority of the posters there have not reproduced. The world is insane enough.

Tyltyl
27th August 2006, 02:09 AM
They certainly have a problem when anyone tries to snap them back to reality. I hope the majority of the posters there have not reproduced. The world is insane enough.

I hope they won't reproduce, or it will be too widespread to stop, much like a virus out of control.
I'm kidding, but not even too much. At the first sign of woo woo, sterilization could be the way for prevention :P

monkey
27th August 2006, 02:16 AM
Belief in demons: sometimes it's more than harmless eccentricity.
(url)

Yikes, don't recall reading about that one. Do you know what came of it?

clarsct
27th August 2006, 03:00 AM
Pitchforks, check.

Torches, check.

Let's go!

tim
27th August 2006, 03:42 AM
Pitchforks, check.

Torches, check.

Let's go!

Hold on - this is a job for the professionals. Let's send in these folk!
http://www.geocities.com/fingerjack/demonologists.html

AWPrime
27th August 2006, 04:33 AM
After posting the symptoms of delusional personality disorders I received this benediction:

"You have been banned!

Reason: You've worn out your welcome here."

Ok...I'm sure I'll survive. :shocked: :D
Can you show us the thread that got you banned?

TobiasTheViking
27th August 2006, 05:02 AM
I may be over reacting, but this thread on the Ghost Hunters forum is very disturbing.

My Autistic Child is Possessed (www.taps18forum.com/index.php/topic,43857.0.html)

I feel like calling child protective services.

I can't say this strongly enough.

Please do it.

Rasmus
27th August 2006, 05:21 AM
I can't say this strongly enough.

Please do it.

Yes, there really isn't a single reason not to.

Miss Whiplash
27th August 2006, 07:12 AM
Can you show us the thread that got you banned?

The link to the thread is in the first post. As I have been banned and my IP blocked, I can no longer access that forum.

Flange Desire
27th August 2006, 10:14 PM
Just posted some support for critical thinking there.
But my cristal ball tells me i will be banned quick smart.

CLD
27th August 2006, 10:42 PM
By the way, a professional who works with autistic children came in and posted some facts about autism. The people who were recommending wolfbane and holy water treatment quickly fled. Much dither ensued with the moderators sensing their idiot villagers had gone too far. They began mouthing legal disclaimers and trying to restore order.

The whole incident brings up a question of ethics.

These folks told me in no uncertain terms they want to be left alone to discuss their beliefs in demons and spirits in a safe and woo-friendly setting. Furthermore, I am told it is a "fan board" only and that the parent organization (TAPS) claims no responsibility for what's posted in the forums.

The usual chatter involves people speculating about shadows and blurry photos and scaring themselves silly about what type of supernatural entities are lurking about, not to mention gushing tributes to their ghostbuster heroes. This is fine with me, but when they start giving advice to distraught parents and recommending medieval magick to remedy medical conditions, I have to draw the line and speak up, and perhaps hold thier feet to the fire.

Or do I have no ethical leg to stand on? Should I ignore the goings-on as none of my business?

AWPrime
28th August 2006, 01:59 AM
The link to the thread is in the first post. As I have been banned and my IP blocked, I can no longer access that forum.

All I get is: The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Miss Whiplash
28th August 2006, 05:31 AM
All I get is: The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Then it's either been deleted or you have not registered for that board.