PDA

View Full Version : Man jailed after defending self from group of thugs!

Tmy
23rd June 2003, 09:33 AM
Why Im talking about Mike Tyson of course!! (excuse the JK-esque title)

I love this latest story. Sounds like Mike was minding his own business when these two guys (and a girl) started giving him grief. He tried to walk off and they continued after him. One of them implied he had a gun and then POW, Mike took em out.

I guess at the jail (or was it hospital) they were overheard saying that they won the lottery cuse Mike hit them.. What a shame. Mike gets jailed for a night and now will be sued just for defending himself.

I cant wait to see the hotel security video tape.

gnome
23rd June 2003, 10:38 AM
At least after reading the article on CNN, I still did not feel like I got a clear picture of what police say happened. Is this bad journalism, or are the police themselves not releasing the full details?

I think it's impossible to say how frivolous the potential lawsuit is until more details emerge.

Crossbow
23rd June 2003, 10:52 AM
Gee whiz Tmy, I think you have got to the first person in history (who is not a manager, promoter, coach, lawyer, or other lackey) who has actually defended Mike Tyson.

Tmy
23rd June 2003, 10:53 AM
You know me, defender of the poor and/or downtrodden.

I feel like Batman.

aggle_rithm
23rd June 2003, 10:59 AM
If Buzz Aldrin had Mike Tyson's right hook, he might have spent the night in jail too. :)

Crossbow
23rd June 2003, 11:04 AM
Robin: Holy Golden Gloves Batman! Those two men and one woman are beating up the ever sweet, kind, gentle, and delicate Mike Tyson!

Batman: Come on little chum! We have go to save him before my hot date with all three of Catwoman iterations!

Tmy
23rd June 2003, 11:17 AM
Now now Crossbow. Just cause Mikey has a bit of a colorful history does not mean he deserves to be beaten up by a velvet rope pole.