PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones = Zee New Hitler?

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 10:46 AM
Well they can go around labelling debunkers as "sheep", I can label their idiot hero as Hitler.

Besides going around dehumanizing his opponents (Satan Worshippers), labelling those who disagree with him as "Nazis" (gun control advocates) or "sheep" (9/11 debunkers), and creating numerous films to create wealth..

He is also getting them while they are young.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/10_yr_old_disciplined_for_visiting_911_website.htm

A ten-year old calls AJ's show about how he was disciplined for visiting infowars.com. Now I don't know why a 10-year old would be a so interested in 9/11 that he would go to Infowars.com, so something is fishy.

But I still believe that AJ is following the methods of a certain german leader. Should we start calling these kids the "Jones Youth" now? Maybe they can wear nice boyscout-like uniforms also and have promotional videos in black-and-white.

defaultdotxbe
8th November 2006, 10:51 AM
hmm, i should finish the paper was writing on Das WarheitJunge (Truth Youth, for the non-olivers) lol

A fifth grader named 'Mark' reported to Alex Jones' Infowars TV show by phone that he had been sent home with a disciplinary report for visiting 9/11 Truth websites such as Infowars.com.
lol, apparently he did it at school, hmm, wonder why theyd discipline him for using school computers for school-related purposes...

Ratatoskr
8th November 2006, 10:54 AM
Well, if that story is more than 2% correct, I'll be surprised...

The uniform could be nice black t-shirts, sunglasses, caps, and bullhorns.

(Not really a fan of comparing people to Hitler myself, but you do have some points)

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 10:56 AM
Well, if that story is more than 2% correct, I'll be surprised...

The uniform could be nice black t-shirts, sunglasses, caps, and bullhorns.

(Not really a fan of comparing people to Hitler myself, but you do have some points)

Awww but I want throw labels around :(

PerryLogan
8th November 2006, 10:58 AM
Didn't Hitler believe there was some kind of secret takeover going on, run by an evil cabal of international bankers? Didn't he believe these evildoers were behind all major wars and catastrophes--unbeknownst to the common run of people?

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 11:00 AM
Didn't Hitler believe there was some kind of secret takeover going on, run by an evil cabal of international bankers?

Now that you mentioned it...

Looks like you got some new material for your site ;)

Oliver
8th November 2006, 11:04 AM
hmm, i should finish the paper was writing on Das WarheitJunge (Truth Youth, for the non-olivers) lol

Lol - you should finish the title of your papers first
because it makes no sense to non-non-olivers... :D

Did you mean:
The Truth, Boy (Die Wahheit, Junge)
The Truthboy (Der Wahrheitsjunge)

Cheers,
Oliver :)

Ratatoskr
8th November 2006, 11:12 AM
Awww but I want throw labels around :(

Throw around all the labels you want :)

It's just that when you start comparing someone to Hitler, the debate goes off in unwanted directions. I believe the expression is "Hitling".

And I think there is some difference:

Hitler was a calculating madman, who wanted world power.

Jones is a lunatic, who wants attention.

PerryLogan
8th November 2006, 11:19 AM
Point taken, O Wise Squirrel. If Alex tried to invade Poland, Poland would kick his ass.

Oliver
8th November 2006, 11:22 AM
Hitler was a calculating madman, who wanted world power.

Jones is a lunatic, who wants attention.

Mabe Hitler also only wanted to attract attention
with his world domination and Alex want attraction
for his secret world domination plans. :D

However, they are/were both nuts.

milesalpha
8th November 2006, 11:25 AM
I could argue that Hitler had always sought something that would make him feel special or superior, but not world conquering. Politics came as his third choice after art and architecture, how would the world look if one of those schools had taken him?

defaultdotxbe
8th November 2006, 11:30 AM
Lol - you should finish the title of your papers first
because it makes no sense to non-non-olivers... :D

Did you mean:
The Truth, Boy (Die Wahheit, Junge)
The Truthboy (Der Wahrheitsjunge)

Cheers,
its a play on das hitlerjunge

Oliver
8th November 2006, 11:37 AM

I would tranlate it as:

Der Wahrheitsjunge

I know that "der, die, das" is not easy to americans
who only use "the" - no matter if female or male. :)

PerryLogan
8th November 2006, 11:44 AM
For his own part, Alex Jones really has Nazis on the brain--including Hitler on the brain.

If you work for the government, you'll not escape the lash of Alex's tongue for very long. I'm sure every govenrment clerk in Austin has been called a Nazi, if not Hitler himself, by one of Alex's furry minions here in town.

Austin, Texas, from where I write, is full of Alex Jones's furry admirers, in case you didn't know. They are mostly angry white guys with IQ's in the mid-80's.

But there's no need to stop with government officials. Alex has gone so far as to declare that anyone in favor of gun control is a Nazi. If you count anyone who favors mandatory handgun registration, that's around 90% of Americans. Lotta Nazis there, Alex. Are you sure you're a populist?

I watch Alex Jones's cable TV show all the time (it's a karmic punishment), and I think the man has a major problem with name-calling in general, and calling people Nazis in particular.

It's really only a matter of time before Alex Jones calls you and everyone you love and admire a Nazi. Poor Arnold Schwartzeneggar is apparently a Nazi--unbeknownst to the Kennedy family, unbeknownst to anybody but the people living in Alex's bad comic book. Alex backs up his slander of Arnie by citing Arnie's friendship with Kurt Waldheim, whom Alex also slanders as being a Nazi.

That's one slander built upon another one, ladies and gentlemen. Now that's fighting the New World Order!

So if Alex Jones gets called a Nazi or a new Hitler once in a while, it is unfortunate. But he should remember he started it.

He should also be flattered. Would that Hitler had been no cleverer than Alex Jones.

Childlike Empress
8th November 2006, 11:52 AM

He had no kids - or do you suggest some kind of Da Vinci Code-scenario? ;)

The word you and Oliver are searching is "Die Wahrheitsjugend".

Oliver
8th November 2006, 11:54 AM
So who are you at LCForum? PDOH started a thread about
your thread here and we are discussing who you are: Rei?

Crungy
8th November 2006, 12:03 PM
Point taken, O Wise Squirrel. If Alex tried to invade Poland, Poland would kick his ass.

Yeah, but from his appearance in recent videos, it appears that ol' Jonesy conquered a polish sausage factory. :p

Childlike Empress
8th November 2006, 12:27 PM
So who are you at LCForum? PDOH started a thread about
your thread here and we are discussing who you are: Rei?

No, Oliver. YOU are discussing who i might be there.

Pardalis
8th November 2006, 12:28 PM
This is starting to feel like A Skanner Darkly. :hypnotize

negativ
8th November 2006, 12:32 PM
Perhaps Alex Jones would be more properly described as Herr Hootler, and his party the Nuzi party rather than the Nazi party.

Leaving that aside for a moment, if AJ has certain traits in common with The Real Hitler, how much further can we extrapolate the Truthers to the Third Reich? And should we abandon calling them Truthers and instead call them The Turd Reich?

Clearly, Dylan Avery is Jones' Joseph Goebbels. The Goebbels technique, also known as argumentum ad nauseam, is the name given to a policy of repeating a point until it is taken to be the truth (see Big Lie).

John Doe X is Hermann Goering. There was strong animosity between Goebbels and the popular Hermann Goering, whose political influence waned following his disastrous management of the Luftwaffe early during the war. This obliquely coincides with Dylan's removal of JDX from the moderatorship of the LC forums after LC's own Night of the Long Knives.

Jason Bermas seems to be Martin Bormann. Despite his coarse and brutal personality, Bormann became the Party's regional press officer and business manager in 1928.

Kory Rowe is possibly Eva Braun.

I'm not entirely sure how accurate these comparisons may be, and there are probably other comparisons others could make that would be considered far more accurate. Thoughts?

Pardalis
8th November 2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not entirely sure how accurate these comparisons may be, and there are probably other comparisons others could make that would be considered far more accurate. Thoughts?

I'm staying out of this one... :D

defaultdotxbe
8th November 2006, 12:39 PM
I would tranlate it as:

Der Wahrheitsjunge

I know that "der, die, das" is not easy to americans
who only use "the" - no matter if female or male. :)

He had no kids - or do you suggest some kind of Da Vinci Code-scenario? ;)

The word you and Oliver are searching is "Die Wahrheitsjugend".
its not meant to be a literal translation, the nazi youth corps was das hitlerjunge (at least from what my grandmother tells me, but then again she tries not to remember much from that time) im sorry if nazi grammar doesnt meet your standards :P

jon
8th November 2006, 12:41 PM
He is also getting them while they are young.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/10_yr_old_disciplined_for_visiting_911_website.htm

A ten-year old calls AJ's show about how he was disciplined for visiting infowars.com. Now I don't know why a 10-year old would be a so interested in 9/11 that he would go to Infowars.com, so something is fishy.

Am I missing something here, or does the infowars site take the word of a ten year old kid as definitive proof re. censorship at his school, name the school, and not even contact the school for their response? Nice to see Jones is keeping up his usual journalistic standards - after all, fact-checking is for Nazis :rolleyes: How exactly does info wars avoid getting sued?

Crungy
8th November 2006, 12:44 PM
Perhaps Alex Jones would be more properly described as Herr Hootler, and his party the Nuzi party rather than the Nazi party.

Leaving that aside for a moment, if AJ has certain traits in common with The Real Hitler, how much further can we extrapolate the Truthers to the Third Reich? And should we abandon calling them Truthers and instead call them The Turd Reich?

Clearly, Dylan Avery is Jones' Joseph Goebbels. The Goebbels technique, also known as argumentum ad nauseam, is the name given to a policy of repeating a point until it is taken to be the truth (see Big Lie).

John Doe X is Hermann Goering. There was strong animosity between Goebbels and the popular Hermann Goering, whose political influence waned following his disastrous management of the Luftwaffe early during the war. This obliquely coincides with Dylan's removal of JDX from the moderatorship of the LC forums after LC's own Night of the Long Knives.

Jason Bermas seems to be Martin Bormann. Despite his coarse and brutal personality, Bormann became the Party's regional press officer and business manager in 1928.

Kory Rowe is possibly Eva Braun.

Let's try it Frankenstein style.

Alex Jones is Dr. Frankenstein.
Dylan is The Monster.
The one everyone refers to as "Bermas" is Ygor.
The old LC forum members were the pissed off torch bearing villagers.

Childlike Empress
8th November 2006, 12:52 PM
its not meant to be a literal translation, the nazi youth corps was das hitlerjunge (at least from what my grandmother tells me, but then again she tries not to remember much from that time) im sorry if nazi grammar doesnt meet your standards :P

It's your grandma's grammar that doesn't meet my standards. It was "die Hitlerjugend".

@Pardalis: No, i don't say this thread is ridiculous. ;)

beachnut
8th November 2006, 01:16 PM
die Hitlerjugend you listen and stop dong it wrong

got that, Jungmädel says stopsss or you will die

heil Alex

Oliver
8th November 2006, 01:19 PM
It's your grandma's grammar that doesn't meet my standards. It was "die Hitlerjugend".

@Pardalis: No, i don't say this thread is ridiculous. ;)

So who are you over there, Jessica?
Even this is supi-dupi secret in your
whole secret internet anonymity?

Come out - it´s save. No NWO here.

beachnut
8th November 2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.missdewey.com/

miss dewey said alex has removed all doubt about his stupidity by opening his mouth

defaultdotxbe
8th November 2006, 01:25 PM

blame memory then, she was 85 before she actually started talking about anything from ww2, i think she called the gestapo on a girl at her school and pretty mcuh repressed everythign after that, lol

Dazed
8th November 2006, 01:33 PM
What is the point of this thread? I bet if I started a thread saying James Randi is a homosexual, I'd be instantly banned.

If the mods have any respect for the integrity of this forum, this thread will be locked.

beachnut
8th November 2006, 01:51 PM
Alex Jones uses the same techniques as NAZIs spreading his propaganda.

Would it be wrong to study tactics used to mislead people?

Is Alex Jones a hero to some? I found everything he is into as a waste to any rational person.

Has anyone found Alex to be a useful person for information?

Am I wrong on the fact Alex is devoid of information useful for the rest of the world? As such he is only good to study and expose as some thing I can not describe...

Is Dazed being ironic, or serious, and he thinks we are attacking Alex Jones?

I will have to work on finding something that Alex has said that is useful. (kind of impossible since I get sick visiting PrisionPlanet and Infowars)

Dazed
8th November 2006, 02:11 PM
You may think you're being clever.
Alex Jones' character and credibility aside, this thread is pointless and inappropriate. This is not a debate comparing Alex Jone's propoganda techniques to the nazis, its an ad hominem plain and simple.

beachnut
8th November 2006, 02:26 PM
Could all treads thus be the same?

What is life?

Alex Jones seems to mislead others, not so sure looking at Alex Jones would be pointless

Not that Alex Jones would ever take over anything more than ambient noise; but if Germans had studied Hitler more and stood up and pointed out that he was an idiot, my dad would not have been a war hero for me.

You are right we need to let Alex take over so we can have heroes.

Top da thread

Wait

I am sorry if I joined what you may call a pointless thread. Please accept my humble apology.

I have listened to Alex Jones, I have studied his tactics. After careful consideration he does remind me of the NAZI propaganda machine.

Do you agree? I think young children need to be taught how to recognize possible fire fanning leaders and avoid being used and mislead.

Any ideas how to train ordinary people to use judgment to avoid believing people like Alex Jones who use what seem to me to be NAZI like propaganda techniques?

Bell
8th November 2006, 02:40 PM
Perry, you have a page about one of these guys who hates your country (I think it was about Alex, but not sure) in which you summed up all his insults from his film (and they where a lot) and used them against him. I hope you understand what page I'm talking about? Could you link to it, please?

Dazed
8th November 2006, 02:55 PM
Could all treads thus be the same?

Alex Jones seems to mislead others, not so sure looking at Alex Jones would be pointless.

Granted. So say that.
Drawing parallels to the nazis and Hitler without supporting evidence makes it seem like you're trying to mislead others.

beachnut
8th November 2006, 03:29 PM
Alex Jones uses techniques of propaganda like those of Hitler and his NAZI propaganda machine. My opinion based on the evidence of comparing how Alex says things and how they are like the propaganda techniques of NAZIs and Hitler.

That is a direct parallel and I studied Alex and the NAZI technique to draw that parallel with supporting evidence of they use the same techniques.

I am not talking about how many bugs Alex killed vs Hitler. I am not talking about their weight. I am not talking about their goals.

I am talking about how I think after looking at Alex rhetoric and NAZI rhetoric technique. I think they use the same type of propaganda techniques. How they say things.

Not how Alex kills the truth compared to how Hitler kills his rivals. Just how they use propaganda to spread their word, some of the techniques.

And the thread starts with the indoctrination of a kid, listening to Alex Jones (or looking at the internet) comparing to Hitler youth.

I just threw in my thoughts when reading Alex Jones, then I read some of the NAZI propaganda techniques. I thought they were similar. I am now sharing with you, with out misleading you, I think after comparing Alex Jones stuff to NAZI propaganda techniques I find that Alex is using NAZI propaganda techniques.

I do not know if Alex is a NAZI, or a want to be Hitler. Do you?

jon
8th November 2006, 03:31 PM

No, but remember - we're just asking questions :D

Dazed
8th November 2006, 03:34 PM
Alex Jones uses techniques of propaganda like those of Hitler and his NAZI propaganda machine. My opinion based on the evidence of comparing how Alex says things and how they are like the propaganda techniques of NAZIs and Hitler.

That is a direct parallel and I studied Alex and the NAZI technique to draw that parallel with supporting evidence of they use the same techniques.

I am not talking about how many bugs Alex killed vs Hitler. I am not talking about their weight. I am not talking about their goals.

I am talking about how I think after looking at Alex rhetoric and NAZI rhetoric technique. I think they use the same type of propaganda techniques. How they say things.

Not how Alex kills the truth compared to how Hitler kills his rivals. Just how they use propaganda to spread their word, some of the techniques.

And the thread starts with the indoctrination of a kid, listening to Alex Jones (or looking at the internet) comparing to Hitler youth.

I just threw in my thoughts when reading Alex Jones, then I read some of the NAZI propaganda techniques. I thought they were similar. I am now sharing with you, with out misleading you, I think after comparing Alex Jones stuff to NAZI propaganda techniques I find that Alex is using NAZI propaganda techniques.

Which exclusively nazi propoganda techniques, specifically, do you think he is using?

beachnut
8th November 2006, 04:06 PM
Which exclusively nazi propoganda techniques, specifically, do you think he is using?

non of their propoganda techniques, alex does not use propoganda techniques that i know of

CBVan
8th November 2006, 04:09 PM
Nope, the real new Hitler is a black man named Vernon Robinson. If you have ever actually heard his political ads, you would know what I'm talking about. He was a candidate in NC that even the republicans didn't want.

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 04:15 PM
Granted. So say that.
Drawing parallels to the nazis and Hitler without supporting evidence makes it seem like you're trying to mislead others.

Okay lets see..

Hitler claimed to be a patriot who loves his country very much. AJ is the same thing.

Hitler dehumanized Jews (his scapegoat) by comparing them to rats and making up stories about them. AJ dehumanizes world leaders as "Satanists" and creates stories on how they want to kill us all.

Hitler managed to make society label those who disagree with him as those part of the conspriacy, such as "Jew lovers". Those who disagree with Alex Jones are "sheeple"

Hitler's adminstration created numerous films to make their stories more "authentic". Alex Jones creates numerous documentaries to not only earn a buck, but to get people to believe his story.

During the films, Hitler would use cheery music when talking about himself or the german people. During the videos, Alex Jones would put "nice" music when talking about himself.

As Perry mentioned, Hitler thought the international banks are in control of societies. AJ believes the same thing.

Hitler used to the Reichstag fire to catapult his career. Alex Jones uses 9/11 to catapult his.

Hitler said the jews are out to get the people of Germany. AJ believes the US government are out to get the people of America.

Hitler thought something should be done against the Jews, but never got personally involved. Alex Jones thinks something should be done against the government, but won't get himself personally involved.

Hitler went after the young kids, educating them and telling them that those who disagree with you are bad. Alex Jones, as shown on Infowars.com right now, states that those who disagree with "Mark" are the thought police for big government and should not be trusted.

Anymore?

Dazed
8th November 2006, 04:21 PM
Those are some pretty good analogies. I'm more convinced now. :)

One point I'll comment on is the one about dehumanizing world leaders as satanists.

As a christian, Jones perceives the bohemian grove molech rituals as satanic, and thus I think this is a genuine belief of his, rather than a propoganda technique.

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 04:23 PM
Those are some pretty good analogies. I'm more convinced now. :)

One point I'll comment on is the one about dehumanizing world leaders as satanists.

As a christian, Jones perceives the bohemian grove molech rituals as satanic, and thus I think this is a genuine belief of his, rather than a propoganda technique.

BS. Alex Jones is well-aware that Molech is a half-man, half-bull, and not an owl. He even has pictures of original Molech on his Prison Planet site!

He is merely twisting the facts here and hasn't cited a single reasonable source suggesting that molech is really an owl. Just another example of AJ using one of Nazi's techniques on dehumanizing your opposition so it's "okay" to hate them.

Dazed
8th November 2006, 04:25 PM
Agreed, Molech is definitely not an owl.

I think the point here is the worship of a pagan deity by people who purport to be christians though.

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 04:27 PM
Agreed, Molech is definitely not an owl.

I think the point here is the worship of a pagan deity by people who purport to be christians though.

But there is no worship going on. AJ hasn't shown proof that it's worship instead of a bunch of paid actors citing lines. He is merely trying to portray the situation as something else, aka "spinning"

Childlike Empress
8th November 2006, 04:28 PM
Okay lets see..

Anymore?

No, please stop.

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/9907451897c0442ad.gif

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 04:29 PM
No, please stop.

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/9907451897c0442ad.gif

Good to know that you can't respond and instead try to dumb down the statement by using a dumbass emote :D

Dazed
8th November 2006, 04:33 PM
I thought your list was pretty accurate.
I've watched most of Jones' movies and hadn't noticed him put positive music on when he talks about himself, but I don't doubt it.

MarkyX
8th November 2006, 04:38 PM
There is a fan-made movie on YouTube on AJ's speech. It was linked on Infowars.com (that is how I found about it) and it uses Brave Heart music while he speaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFB99YNWoc

Heck, the speech itself is full of misreading information. He brings up PNAC, again. He compares the Bush adminstration to Hitler and Stalin...again.

defaultdotxbe
8th November 2006, 04:39 PM
Okay lets see..

Hitler claimed to be a patriot who loves his country very much. AJ is the same thing.

Hitler dehumanized Jews (his scapegoat) by comparing them to rats and making up stories about them. AJ dehumanizes world leaders as "Satanists" and creates stories on how they want to kill us all.

Hitler managed to make society label those who disagree with him as those part of the conspriacy, such as "Jew lovers". Those who disagree with Alex Jones are "sheeple"

Hitler's adminstration created numerous films to make their stories more "authentic". Alex Jones creates numerous documentaries to not only earn a buck, but to get people to believe his story.

During the films, Hitler would use cheery music when talking about himself or the german people. During the videos, Alex Jones would put "nice" music when talking about himself.

As Perry mentioned, Hitler thought the international banks are in control of societies. AJ believes the same thing.

Hitler used to the Reichstag fire to catapult his career. Alex Jones uses 9/11 to catapult his.

Hitler said the jews are out to get the people of Germany. AJ believes the US government are out to get the people of America.

Hitler thought something should be done against the Jews, but never got personally involved. Alex Jones thinks something should be done against the government, but won't get himself personally involved.

Hitler went after the young kids, educating them and telling them that those who disagree with you are bad. Alex Jones, as shown on Infowars.com right now, states that those who disagree with "Mark" are the thought police for big government and should not be trusted.

Anymore?
dont forget public speaking styles (right down to the rousing call and repsonses)

delphi_ote
8th November 2006, 04:58 PM
Marky, you don't have to substantiate your careless label. You just repeat it over and over again (through a megaphone, if possible.) That's what makes it true.

delphi_ote
8th November 2006, 05:05 PM
You also need pointless Photoshop images.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/delphi_ote/untitled.jpg

AWPrime
8th November 2006, 05:06 PM
I could argue that Hitler had always sought something that would make him feel special or superior, but not world conquering. Politics came as his third choice after art and architecture, how would the world look if one of those schools had taken him?
More ugly paintings in European museums, a more powerful Europe and less bad American television show on TV.

........ what a shame

Bell
8th November 2006, 05:21 PM
Alex Jones hates his country. He should move to either Iran or North Korea.

senorpogo
8th November 2006, 05:49 PM
Comparing your opponent to Hitler and Nazis is a cheap rhetorical trick that appeals to people's emotions. I personally dock ten credibility points each time someone uses such a tactic.

When you're right, you shouldn't have to use such cheap ploys. They're the calling card of hacks and bushleaguers. Instead, you should focus on using your evidence and logic to sway people.

Arus808
8th November 2006, 05:58 PM
um...if he quakcs like a duck, walks like a duck.

Think from the outside, Hitler, even as he is deemed tyrannical for what he did, was actually a great leader. He was pursuasive, a good orator, able to deliver his message to the masses.

If he took a position on the opposite end of the of his beliefs, wouldn't these qualities be someone you'd look for in a leader?

milesalpha
8th November 2006, 06:40 PM
um...if he quakcs like a duck, walks like a duck.

Think from the outside, Hitler, even as he is deemed tyrannical for what he did, was actually a great leader. He was pursuasive, a good orator, able to deliver his message to the masses.

If he took a position on the opposite end of the of his beliefs, wouldn't these qualities be someone you'd look for in a leader?

No those are qualities I would look for in a motivational speaker. Hitler was actually a lousy leader by any measure. He knew nothing about economics and had run Germany into the ground by 1939 with his guns and butter demands. He hated discussion and meetings, preferring one on one lectures. He went to lengths to create competing bureaucracies in order to dilute any possible threat to his power. He was lazy, hated details, hated paperwork, and had no attention span, except for foreign affairs. He constantly interfered in all ministries, especially the military and foreign affairs, but would routinely let initiatives die when he lost interest in them. His personal favour is what decided affairs, not their importance. This is on top of his idiotic racial and world view.

Dazed
8th November 2006, 06:40 PM
Hitler was actually a lousy leader by any measure. He knew nothing about economics and had run Germany into the ground by 1939

As I understand it, the German economy was already in the toilet when Hitler first got in.

Arus808
8th November 2006, 06:42 PM
No those are qualities I would look for in a motivational speaker. Hitler was actually a lousy leader by any measure. He knew nothing about economics and had run Germany into the ground by 1939 with his guns and butter demands.

funny, sounds like the government that ran the united states between Reagan and Bush Sr.

but this is all political

defaultdotxbe
8th November 2006, 06:55 PM
As I understand it, the German economy was already in the toilet when Hitler first got in.
yes, and IIRC it was hitler "war machine" that cut unemployment to almost nothing and stopped the rampant inflation

Dazed
8th November 2006, 06:59 PM
I just read an interesting article about how it didn't really cut unemployment that much, while the nazi war machine did create jobs, they artificially lowered the unemployment rate by excluding women from the count, and sending the rest of the unemployed to concentration camps and excluding them from the count.

Bell
8th November 2006, 07:01 PM
IIRC Hitler went into politics because after the Great War he didn't like war anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Brainster
8th November 2006, 07:03 PM
Maybe Russ Pickering as Rudolf Hess, the Deputy Fuhrer who made the bizarre flight to Scotland in a last-ditch effort to bring peace between the two sides?

Dylan should be Leni Riefenstahl, although he obviously hasn't a trace of her talent.

milesalpha
8th November 2006, 07:08 PM

Sorry if this is a litle disjointed, playing poker at the same time. The worst years of the Germany economy would have occured in the early 1920s when the value of their currency crashed and it literally took wheelbarrows full of marks to buy a loaf of bread. By the end of the decade much had been done to stabilize the currency and build an export market. Much of this was due to the work of Gustav Streseman. Germany, like the world, was hit hard by the depression, and suffered even more due to its reparations loans from American banks. Hitler took over a country that had recovered only slightly from the worst effects of the crash. Hitler, not at all interested in economics, pursued a number of different ideas until convinced of a massive public works program that would go hand in hand with rearmament. To make a long story short, if you take measure of German's finances in 1938 and compare them to 1933, Nazi failure is apparent. In 1933 Germany could feed itself. By 1938 it was spending large amounts of capital to import food. By 1938 foreign currency reserves and the export trade had plunged to levels not seen since the early 1920s. Schacht, the finance minister (and one of the few Nazi ministers respected in worldwide circles), threatened to resign numerous times over the handling of the economy and was finally forced out in favour of Goring. Hitler repeatedly linked any failures in the economy to the need for Lebensraum.
This is the classic guns and butter economy. Hitler wanted the big army, but was afraid of losing his political base if he cut back on consumer goods. It is commonly called burning one's candle at both ends.

milesalpha
8th November 2006, 07:15 PM
IIRC Hitler went into politics because after the Great War he didn't like war anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't say I've ever seen any indication of that in my readings. He was always very big on violence and the "struggle".

Dazed
8th November 2006, 07:16 PM
Interesting, thanks for that. WWII and Nazi Germany are some of my favourite subjects.

I'm curious though, if Germany was broke in 1938, how did they fund the war effort for the next 7 years?

milesalpha
8th November 2006, 07:23 PM
Interesting, thanks for that. WWII and Nazi Germany are some of my favourite subjects.

I'm curious though, if Germany was broke in 1938, how did they fund the war effort for the next 7 years?

Slave labour, resources from subjugated nations(France-iron ore, Czechoslovakia's superb armament factories, Soviet grains, oils and metals, "contributions" from "allies" (ie Romanian oil, Hungarian manganese) just off the top of my head.

Bell
8th November 2006, 07:28 PM
Can't say I've ever seen any indication of that in my readings. He was always very big on violence and the "struggle".

I recal reading it somewhere once. But that's all I've got. To bad Hitler survived (http://www.firstworldwar.com/features/tandey.htm) the Great War.

Mince
8th November 2006, 07:32 PM
From the article:

he was browsing such sites during his Computer Lab class period

He likely got in trouble for using the internet for reasons other than they were intended, not browsing a specific website. This is Jones' customary fraudulent spin.

"I was just searching the government websites which tell the truth

I was going to websites that tell the truth about 9/11. She thought it was all a conspiracy; I confronted her," Mark said. "'No, it's all the truth,' you know. Bush-- and its not just him, a lot of other people-- and they're just trying to cover it up."

If this kid said these words, he was obviously coached. How does he know if its truth or not? How much research has he done? It's sad, but typical; Jones has to use a ten year old to peddle his trash.

*emphasis added

beachnut
8th November 2006, 07:46 PM

Propoganda – sorry is that propaganda that smells like BS or what?

The old I want to be like Hitler/NAZI propaganda technique #1 but not the top one or… the old

Testimonial
No specialist knows better than he, no recommendation can be better than his.

Alex Jones uses Testimonial all the time!!! You have heard Alex talk about it, how he knows; Mind control, direct and indirect. Poison and diseases in vaccines, medicines and our food and water supplies. Mass extermination of the populace.

Are you going to pay me for this junk? How many do I need to do?

Dazed
8th November 2006, 07:49 PM
Propoganda – sorry is that propaganda that smells like BS or what?

The old I want to be like Hitler/NAZI propaganda technique #1 but not the top one or… the old

Testimonial
No specialist knows better than he, no recommendation can be better than his.

Alex Jones uses Testimonial all the time!!! You have heard Alex talk about it, how he knows; Mind control, direct and indirect. Poison and diseases in vaccines, medicines and our food and water supplies. Mass extermination of the populace.

Are you going to pay me for this junk? How many do I need to do?

See Marky's list above. He answered the question for free.

beachnut
8th November 2006, 08:02 PM
darn no mo money,

but his list are how they are alike, not use of propaganda

I could nationalize the banks

Checkmite
8th November 2006, 08:30 PM

Let's write a song.

"A-lex, has only got one..."

Mince
8th November 2006, 08:49 PM
Let's write a song.

"A-lex, has only got one..."

A limerick?

"And he has it just for fun..."