PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Hillary Strikes Again!

BPSCG
7th January 2007, 06:50 PM
In October, 2000, the New York Yankees once again found themselves in the World Series, as they are wont to do.

Also in October, 2000, Hillary Rodham Clinton, born and raised in and near Chicago, Illinois, was a candidate for the United States Senate from the state of New York.

Ms. Clinton announced, just before the World Series started, that the Yankees had always been her favorite baseball team while she was growing up in Chicago. This was clearly a lie; everyone recognized it as such at the time. Chicagoans have had two baseball teams almost from the day that God invented baseball; the White Sox, generally considered the blue-collar fan's team, and the Cubs, generally considered the white-collar fan's team (as well as being the lovable losers most of America had a deep and abiding affection for). For a Chicagoan to say the Yankees were her favorite team would be about like a Frenchman saying his favorite cheese was Philadelphia Cream Cheese, or a German saying his favorite car is a Ford Mustang.

The Yankees went on to win that World Series. And a few days later, the voters of the state of New York elected Hillary Rodham Clinton to the United States Senate.

Since that day, not a single major-league professional team in the state of New York has won the championship of its sport. The Yankees have been to the World Series since, but lost every time. Ditto the Mets. The curse extends to other professional sports: the New York Knicks have not won the NBA crown, the New York Rangers and the New York Islanders have not won the Stanley Cup (the curse even extends to far-off Buffalo, where the Sabres are Stanley Cup-less). The Buffalo Bills have not won the Super Bowl, and today, both the New York Giants and the New York Jets lost in the first (wild card) round of the NFL playoffs, assuring once again, that the Vince Lombardi Trophy, emblematic of the NFL's Super Bowl champion, will not come to New York this year.

Clearly, God has visited his wrath on the voters of the state of New York.

It is well-understood that Hillary Rodham Clinton intends to run for the office of President of the United States of America in 2008.

Katana
7th January 2007, 06:52 PM
She must remain in the Senate then. That's all there is to it.

RandFan
7th January 2007, 06:58 PM
In October, 2000, the New York Yankees once again found themselves in the World Series, as they are wont to do.

Also in October, 2000, Hillary Rodham Clinton, born and raised in and near Chicago, Illinois, was a candidate for the United States Senate from the state of New York.

Ms. Clinton announced, just before the World Series started, that the Yankees had always been her favorite baseball team while she was growing up in Chicago. This was clearly a lie; everyone recognized it as such at the time. Chicagoans have had two baseball teams almost from the day that God invented baseball; the White Sox, generally considered the blue-collar fan's team, and the Cubs, generally considered the white-collar fan's team (as well as being the lovable losers most of America had a deep and abiding affection for). For a Chicagoan to say the Yankees were her favorite team would be about like a Frenchman saying his favorite cheese was Philadelphia Cream Cheese, or a German saying his favorite car is a Ford Mustang.

The Yankees went on to win that World Series. And a few days later, the voters of the state of New York elected Hillary Rodham Clinton to the United States Senate.

Since that day, not a single major-league professional team in the state of New York has won the championship of its sport. The Yankees have been to the World Series since, but lost every time. Ditto the Mets. The curse extends to other professional sports: the New York Knicks have not won the NBA crown, the New York Rangers and the New York Islanders have not won the Stanley Cup (the curse even extends to far-off Buffalo, where the Sabres are Stanley Cup-less). The Buffalo Bills have not won the Super Bowl, and today, both the New York Giants and the New York Jets lost in the first (wild card) round of the NFL playoffs, assuring once again, that the Vince Lombardi Trophy emblematic of the NFL's Super Bowl champion, will not come to New York this year.

Clearly, God has visited his wrath on the voters of the state of New York.

It is well-understood that Hillary Rodham Clinton intends to run for the office of President of the United States of America in 2008.:D

shuize
7th January 2007, 07:38 PM
Chicagoans have had two baseball teams almost from the day that God invented baseball; the White Sox, generally considered the blue-collar fan's team, and the Cubs, generally considered the white-collar fan's team (as well as being the lovable losers most of America had a deep and abiding affection for)...

Off topic: I didn't know the White Sox were considered more blue-collar than the Cubs. Although I suppose I should have since I recently learned from the Ken Burns Baseball series that from times past the American League, a.k.a. the "Beer and Whiskey League," has traditionally been the more blue-collar of the two.

WildCat
7th January 2007, 07:55 PM
Off topic: I didn't know the White Sox were considered more blue-collar than the Cubs. Although I suppose I should have since I recently learned from the Ken Burns Baseball series that from times past the American League, a.k.a. the "Beer and Whiskey League," has traditionally been the more blue-collar of the two.
It's a north side/south side thing. Cubs can have day games because their fans are trust fund bums for whom actually going out to earn a living is optional, Sox fans work for their money and won't foolishly throw it away to see a losing team. The Cubs could put 9 chimpanzees out on the field and they'd still sell out the worlds largest beer garden w/ the aforementioned trust fund bums and tourists enamored w/ the "lovable losers". I doubt 10% of the seat fillers at Wrigley could name the starting lineup, and at any rate they're gone as soon as beer sales cut off in the 7th inning.

Yeah, I'm originally a southsider and a lifelong Sox fan.

Ladewig
7th January 2007, 08:28 PM
It is well-understood that Hillary Rodham Clinton intends to run for the office of President of the United States of America in 2008.

If she was elected to be a senator from New York and no New York team has won since then, it is clear that if she runs for U.S. president, then no U.S. team will win a championship!

(Assuming she wins - snicker, snicker).

Whoracle
8th January 2007, 12:47 AM
Good news for the Blue Jays.