probably a truth war thing

Oliver
24th February 2007, 10:07 AM
@Perry: You seem to be the expert about Alex Jones and
i read a lot about connetions to scientology people. Do you
know something about it? :)

Calcas
24th February 2007, 10:22 AM
"Alex Jones has promoted SCIENTOLOGY authors on his show before, in particular Dr. Breeding, who has appeared multiple times. Jones was even selling Breeding's book on the front page of Prison Planet. PRISON PLANET itself is a Scientology term coined by founder L. Ron Hubbbard in the 1950's, and used multiple times in relation to how the earth was a Prison Planet taken over by a race of aliens using us as slaves. Yet, when Alex Jones was asked in an interview a few months back if he was involved in Scientology, he claimed that he didn't know any Scientologists and had never promoted them in the past..

This was a lie, as Alex Jones has had Scientologist Dr. Breeding on his program numerous times, even selling his book on the front page of Jones' websites..."

http://forums.pearljam.com/archive/index.php/t-200876.html

And more...

http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/alex_jones_promotes_scientologist.html

PerryLogan
24th February 2007, 11:00 AM
If Alex Jones is a Scientologist, neither he nor the Scientologists know about it.

I've run across many accusations against Alex, including this Scientology one. But you can't give any credit to CTs attacking CTs, especially when it's just an ad hominem smear.

(Not that Alex hasn't committed a few ad hominem smears.)

I once heard Alex defending Tom Cruise's comments on antidepressants, and Alex went on to explicitly say he was not a Scientologist and did not agree with Scientology. His comments suggested he thinks of Scientology as some sort of goofy New Age thing.

I disapprove of tarring people with unpopular labels. I would greatly appreciate it if JREFers stopped calling people "woo-woos" whenever they disagree with them. This is divisive, ad-homeinem behavior which tells us nothing about conspiracy theories or their proponents.

porch
24th February 2007, 11:12 AM
I highly doubt that Alex Jones is a Scientologist. All that's really demonstrated in those links is that he's become aligned with some Scientologists over their favourite wedge issue: psychiatry.

libertytothecaptives.net is pretty kooked out. I like how they attempt to smear this Dr. Breeder by pointing out that he is photographed with a "Teutonic rune of death"...known more commonly as a peace sign. Their assertion that Scientology is a "Leader in the NWO network" just leaves me scratching my dome.

JAStewart
24th February 2007, 11:13 AM
Isn't alex christian anyway?

~enigma~
24th February 2007, 11:32 AM
I disapprove of tarring people with unpopular labels. I would greatly appreciate it if JREFers stopped calling people "woo-woos" whenever they disagree with them. This is divisive, ad-homeinem behavior which tells us nothing about conspiracy theories or their proponents.As long as they are firmly entrenched in the land of woo, they are properly called woo woos. How is that an ad hom?

Oliver
24th February 2007, 01:43 PM
If Alex Jones is a Scientologist, neither he nor the Scientologists know about it.

I've run across many accusations against Alex, including this Scientology one. But you can't give any credit to CTs attacking CTs, especially when it's just an ad hominem smear.

(Not that Alex hasn't committed a few ad hominem smears.)

I once heard Alex defending Tom Cruise's comments on antidepressants, and Alex went on to explicitly say he was not a Scientologist and did not agree with Scientology. His comments suggested he thinks of Scientology as some sort of goofy New Age thing.

I disapprove of tarring people with unpopular labels. I would greatly appreciate it if JREFers stopped calling people "woo-woos" whenever they disagree with them. This is divisive, ad-homeinem behavior which tells us nothing about conspiracy theories or their proponents.

Thank you, Calcas and Perry. I was unsure about his connection
to scientology. But Perry, what did you mean saying "name calling"?
No one said he`s a Woo-Woo within this thread.

RolandtheGunslinger
24th February 2007, 01:49 PM
My little brother, "Mini Alex Jones"...and Gung Ho CT'er, acts like a scientologist. My wife and I were wondering the other day if Alex was one.

Chedda
24th February 2007, 02:14 PM
I would greatly appreciate it if JREFers stopped calling people "woo-woos" whenever they disagree with them.

Unless they're Republicans of course. ;)

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=75457

Donal
24th February 2007, 03:17 PM
Ya that little request doesn't appear until you get called for displaying the same behavior. And you have no problem throwing out insults prior to now, Perry.

PerryLogan
24th February 2007, 07:38 PM
Ya that little request doesn't appear until you get called for displaying the same behavior. And you have no problem throwing out insults prior to now, Perry.If they can do it, I can do it. You're all Scientologists. Ha!

c4ts
24th February 2007, 09:49 PM
You are all in cult! Don't make me use my exotic weapons!

Hierosis
25th February 2007, 03:54 PM
As with almost any accusation, there is a solid middle ground where you can find truth in this one. Alex is NOT a scientologist. But he has had said author on his show, and would be flat out lying to say taht he does not know any scientologists.

Alex has been pretty vocal about his disagreements with scientology, because his occult research traces L. Ron Hubbard to be a direct partner of Aleister Crowley. Alex feels that Crowley may have been "the most evil man to ever live." That is nonsense. Crowley had some... controversial views, to say the least, but was a brilliant writer and orator.
For the record, I am not a fan of Jones's religious view. in fact I hate them. In fact I probably respect Crowley's writings more than anything Alex has ever cited. And I also hate Scientology.
Hope that helped.

porch
25th February 2007, 04:31 PM
As with almost any accusation, there is a solid middle ground where you can find truth in this one. Alex is NOT a scientologist. But he has had said author on his show, and would be flat out lying to say taht he does not know any scientologists.

I haven't exactly been scouring too hard, but I haven't seen any evidence that this Breeder figure is a Scientologist. Looking at his website, Texans for Safe Education appears to be a one-man show. That's not typically the style of Scientologists, who tend to try to appear larger than they really are. Also, he doesn't mention (that I saw) anything about vitamin mega-doses and saunas as a cure-all. Also, no links to Citizens' Commission for Human Rights. Glaring omissions, in my view.

Even if he is fronting for Scientology, that leaves open the possibility that Jones doesn't see through the front - not the same as "flat out lying".

~enigma~
25th February 2007, 05:06 PM
You are all in cult! Don't make me use my exotic weapons!
That's axotik veaponry :D

Hierosis
25th February 2007, 06:56 PM
I haven't exactly been scouring too hard, but I haven't seen any evidence that this Breeder figure is a Scientologist. Looking at his website, Texans for Safe Education appears to be a one-man show. That's not typically the style of Scientologists, who tend to try to appear larger than they really are. Also, he doesn't mention (that I saw) anything about vitamin mega-doses and saunas as a cure-all. Also, no links to Citizens' Commission for Human Rights. Glaring omissions, in my view.

Even if he is fronting for Scientology, that leaves open the possibility that Jones doesn't see through the front - not the same as "flat out lying".

Porch,

I wasn't trying to be specific and wasn't even really referring to this Breeder person. I've been told by other people that Jones has had people on his show before who are "scientologists," but not for the purpose of discussing the religion. That's all.