PDA

View Full Version : For Omega Blue: Some more mediumistic readings

Mike D.
27th February 2007, 05:48 PM
Hi Omega Blue,

In case you're tiring of discussing rosebushes :-), I thought I'd post these readings in case you or others might have an interest in discussing them. I got them from an article by Paul Beard, recently posted on the survivalafterdeath.org site. Mr. Beard has quoted these transcripts from the Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research. The two mediums in question are Mrs. Gladys Osborne Leonard and a Mrs. Brittain. Apparently the sitters were introduced to the mediums anonymously.

Sitting: October 7, 1920. Sitter: Mrs. Dawson-Srnith (Anonymous)

Feda (Mrs. Leonard's control): "The communicator says: 'Have you got the snapshots?''"

Mrs. Dawson-Smith: "I have those you sent me before you passed over."

Feda: "He says: Ah, but there are more to come. Will you remember what I say? You will laugh over it, and I want you to laugh. Don't forget it. I feel strongly you will get it and you will see what I mean. I am taken in such a funny position'" (Note 1) "He calls you by a funny name" (whispering, "No, no, not that"). "He must mean Mum. Not - well, but the other is nothing. He says he called you Moth - that spells 'Moth'" (pronouncmg as written) "but he says 'No, no, ask her, she knows, don't you, Moth?'"

Mrs. Dawson-Smith: 'It is short for mother."

Feda: "Just a piece of a word. He says, 'Yes, a piece of mother' and he laughs". (Note 2) "He keeps calling 'Eric, Geoff.'" (Feda shouted the two names) "And Eric! He says, 'All right, put that down and I'll explain afterwards!"' (Note 3) "He says you have some books of his with funny language. He was studying them. He says 'I started to learn the two languages. I have dabbled with many, but these two were different. I could speak one fairly well - but 1 know little or nothing of the other.'" (Note 4) "He is pleased about the memorial. You know what you have put on it. He says Something else is being done which you will know soon, not a private one but a public one.'" (Note 5)

1. Verified in December, 1921, when a brother officer brought two packets, one of films and prints. One snapshot made Mrs. Dawson-Smith laugh; he was surf-bathing in the nude, emerging from the surf with a broad grin.

2. Feda wrote Moth in the air. He always called Mrs. Dawson-Smith Moth (pronounced Muth). In writing to her, he always called her Mother.

3. Eric was a boy who died over fifteen years ago - a very dear and close friend. Geoff was killed in the war, and had been a great chum.

4. Swahili vocabulary. He started later to learn Somali, but had not time to do much before death.

5. A white marble tablet has been erected in Mrs. Dawson-Smith's church in memory. A public memorial, subsequently verified by letter from Nairobi, 12.3.23.

Sitting: January 10, 1921. Sitter: Miss M. Dawson-Smith (Anonymous)

Feda: "He is pleased about the new photographs. He holds two photos, one in each hand, as if giving them ... 'There is a photo of me - you haven't got it yet'. It is not a proper photo - he calls it a snapshot. He is trying his best to get it to you. He is going to try and impress the person who has it to send it to you. 'It may take some time, but I think you win get it.'" (Note 1) "He keeps on showing Feda you" (Miss Dawson-Smith) "sitting with sheets of paper, etc." (Description of her in C.O.O. hut in Cologne.) "'Have you got my little key? You were touching it the other day. As you moved about, you touched the key. And there was an old purse with a receipt in it, a tiny paper. It feels old. I wish you could find it, old, worn and soiled, mixed up with a lot of other things.' He doesn't think you have it. Do find it. He calls it a counterfoil. Try and unearth it. He will be so interested. He knows you have it, a long, narrow strap close to it. 'I noticed that accidentally.' He says this is important." (Note 2).

1. Snap found among ruins after death, and forwarded indirectly by brother officer.

2. Found as directed close to long strap. Counterfoil was a receipt for money paid in July, 1914, to satisfy a German debt, and the receipt became very necessary to prevent double payment. Four years after the sitting it was claimed by a Hamburg firm through Enemy Debt Clearing Office. Documents confirm.

Sitting with Mrs. Brittain, February 24, 1922. Sitters: Mrs. and Miss DawsonSmith (Anonymous).

Mrs. Brittain: "Here is Frank with a chum called Geoff who was killed in a flying accident. But Frank is the one to he talked about. He says Geoff is not to barge in." (Note 1) "I see Frank in a far country, either India or Egypt or somewhere East - he is surrounded by black men, he is the only white man. He was killed through treachery by a bad black man. He was Commander. He was used to commanding mans, white mans and black mans, many soldier mans." (Note 2) (To Miss Dawson-5mith): "Oh, you are a soldier in khaki, with a funny hat. Frank is laughing and says something about 'Knight of the Garter'." (Note 3)

Belle (Mrs. Brittain's-control): "The big boy is very tall - six foot two-three, broad on the shoulder, big muscles, showing not much 'meat' on him, nice high forehead, brown face. sunburnt, the fresh air and hot sun gives him fine colour, nice white teeth, big and wide. firm chin with a little dent in it - do you remember it? He has a saucy smile and laughs - 'Ha, ha!'" (Note 4) 'Some peoples call him 'Smithie' and sometimes 'Biff'. I don't know why they call him 'Smithie' because it isn't his name - but they call him 'Biff' because he goes like that" (illustrating boxing). "He goes 'pom tiddley om pom, pom, pom'" (illustrating by slapping hands on knees). (Note 5)

Notes by Mrs. Dawson-Smith

1. My boy had a dear chum called Geoff who was killed in a flying accident in England, before he could he sent to France. This was in 1917. Not only are the names given correctly, but the fact that it was an accident - not killed on active service.

2. My son (Frank) was in sole command of the native troops on the Northern Frontier District (Abyssinian Frontier) of East Africa, and he was killed by the treachery of one of his own men after signing a peace treaty.

3. My daughter was an officer in the W.A.A.C.

4. Description is exceedingly good and easily recognisable by all who knew him.

5. This refers to a little joke my boy and girl had in which they always spoke the magic words and beat the time on their knees.*