PDA

View Full Version : Was the "Bush wire" ever accepted as fact, or mere speculation?

Undesired Walrus
4th June 2007, 05:32 AM
Remember the 2004 presidential debate between those two terrible men?
Apparantly, Bush 'was wired'. In terms of conspiracy theories, it is perfect.

Look at it, it dont look 'quite right'!!!??!!?
http://schema-root.org/region/americas/north_america/usa/government/issues/2004_presidential_election/debates/bush_wire/bush_debate_bulge.jpg

Is this a mere conspiracy theory, or something more plausible?

gumboot
4th June 2007, 05:38 AM
Wired by whom? And to what end?

-Gumboot

Pardalis
4th June 2007, 05:44 AM

It's either a tapeworm or just a wire for his earpiece...

:scarper:

JimBenArm
4th June 2007, 05:45 AM
It's the harness for his NWO puppet strings. Don't you all ever read the manuals?

Hokulele
4th June 2007, 05:46 AM
It's detcord.

defaultdotxbe
4th June 2007, 05:49 AM
my first thought would be he forgot to take the clothes hanger off his jacket before putting it on

MG1962
4th June 2007, 05:50 AM
Lucky someone didn't pull it

Undesired Walrus
4th June 2007, 06:04 AM
Wired by whom? And to what end?

-Gumboot

I think the point is that people thought it was for a ear piece to tell him what to say.

NoZed Avenger
4th June 2007, 06:05 AM
Bulletproof vest.

T.A.M.
4th June 2007, 06:10 AM
1. Bullet Proof Vest
2. Off centered Seam of suit
3. WIre for ear piece for cell phone, or communication with SS, or to his speech writer.
4. puppet strings
5. spines from his lizard skin (hat tip to the lizard people)

TAM:)

gumboot
4th June 2007, 06:12 AM
I think the point is that people thought it was for a ear piece to tell him what to say.

I would have thought a more obvious place to look for that sort of thing would be in his ear...

-Gumboot

fuelair
4th June 2007, 06:16 AM
It's detcord.
Nice idea!:D

fuelair
4th June 2007, 06:17 AM
I would have thought a more obvious place to look for that sort of thing would be in his ear...

-Gumboot

I suspect that is so necessary that it is permanently/internally planted - they replace the batteries at his annual check-up.:D

gumboot
4th June 2007, 06:23 AM
I suspect that is so necessary that it is permanently/internally planted - they replace the batteries at his annual check-up.:D

So why didn't they do that with the wire? ;)

-Gumboot

trashy
4th June 2007, 06:29 AM
Lucky someone didn't pull it

hey......hey! Pull my wire...........

Horatius
4th June 2007, 07:35 AM

Being serious here - I know, I know, it's only temporary! - I'd think it more likely it's wiring for a lapel microphone. They wouldn't want a bunch of ugly wires running in plain view, as that would make him look bad on TV, so they ran it down the back of his jacket. Does anyone have info on how they recorded the sound in that debate?

Stellafane
4th June 2007, 07:51 AM
my first thought would be he forgot to take the clothes hanger off his jacket before putting it on

No more wire hangers...ever!!

My theory is that it's the string Cheney and Condo pull to get him to talk.

CurtC
4th June 2007, 08:27 AM
Along with the picture of what looks like a wire, news at the time highlighted a particular response by Bush during that debate where he appeared to be talking to a person that wasn't in the room. The idea that it was a wire feeding him debate points was fairly plausible to me, but not much of a CT.

Dr Adequate
4th June 2007, 08:38 AM
I think the point is that people thought it was for a ear piece to tell him what to say. If Bush has people telling him what to say, he should fire them and see what this guy can do.

http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/8/2/4/1998915409_1999998464_monkey_typewriter.jpg

Of course, there'd be accusations of nepotism.

Horatius
4th June 2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/8/2/4/1998915409_1999998464_monkey_typewriter.jpg

Of course, there'd be accusations of nepotism.

There you go, pushing evil-ution on us again!

Brainster
4th June 2007, 08:52 AM
The odd thing about the claims that Bush was cheating was that he performed so poorly in that particular debate that it would have been more productive for the Kerry campaign to demand that the President wear a wire in the subsequent debates.

Undesired Walrus
4th June 2007, 11:20 AM
They wouldn't want a bunch of ugly wires running in plain view, as that would make him look bad on TV

Somewhat of a pointless exercise that isn't it :eek: ?

NoZed Avenger
4th June 2007, 11:40 AM
Being serious here - I know, I know, it's only temporary! - I'd think it more likely it's wiring for a lapel microphone. They wouldn't want a bunch of ugly wires running in plain view, as that would make him look bad on TV, so they ran it down the back of his jacket.

. . . Or they could use wireless microphones.

IIRC, the same type of bulge/seam showed up in a pic of Bush driving a pick-up on his ranch around the same time period.

Now maybe they kept him mic'd in the pick-up just in case the truck broke down and they needed to coach him through getting AAA out there to help, but I have to lean towards: bulletproof vest type thingy.

Steven Lupo Grossi
4th June 2007, 02:03 PM
This was discussed on ETS surgery boards some time ago. There is reason to believe that president Bush had a sympathectomy:

Several photos of him jogging appear to show him sweating only from the nipple line down.

He had some sort of back surgery in the '80's.

His speaking abilities and overall alertness have diminished.

Anyway, we thought that the "wire" was a medtronic pacemaker device, which monitors heart activity, and can stimulate heart beating as needed. Bradycardia is a result of sympathectomy

pomeroo
4th June 2007, 02:19 PM
The odd thing about the claims that Bush was cheating was that he performed so poorly in that particular debate that it would have been more productive for the Kerry campaign to demand that the President wear a wire in the subsequent debates.

Brainster hits the nail squarely on the head. Kerry droned on about his "global test," stating conditions that were ALL met by the first Gulf War. Republicans and Kerry-haters everywhere were licking their chops waiting for Bush to pounce: Kerry, by reflexively opposing the effort to remove Saddam's army from Kuwait, had failed his own test. But Bush's response was worthy of a potted plant; his bat remained frozen to his shoulder as this deliciously fat pitch split the plate.

And someone proposes that Bush was "wired" to receive "answers"?! To figure out who was on the other end of the wire, all anyone had to do was check to see who in Bush's inner circle got fired immediately after the debate.

Redtail
4th June 2007, 02:21 PM
I doubt it's a wire becase I did a show once with an older actor who couldn't remember his lines so he did have a set up so someone could feed his lines to him. The wire was the same size as the one that come from an MP3 player and the reviver was just a bit larger than your average cell phone. The only reason we knew about it was because in one scene (during rehearsal) an actress got distracted because she heard the ASM feeding him the lines and asked what that noise was and he showed us. I just can't see the Berkshire Theatre Festival having better technology than the White House. :D

Par
4th June 2007, 02:28 PM
Along with the picture of what looks like a wire, news at the time highlighted a particular response by Bush during that debate where he appeared to be talking to a person that wasn't in the room. The idea that it was a wire feeding him debate points was fairly plausible to me, but not much of a CT.

I believe he said something along the lines of “let me finish” without anyone actually having interrupted him. I thought at the time that the simplest explanation as to he did so (and indeed I saw the same explanation used on a news programme shortly after the incident) was that someone had gestured towards him to suggest they meant to interject and he had merely pre-empted the potential interruption.

Par
4th June 2007, 02:31 PM
http://cryptome.org/bush-bulge-28.jpg

aggle-rithm
4th June 2007, 02:39 PM

This disproves the detcord hypothesis also. If they could have blown Bush to smithereens, that would have been the time to do it.

Civilized Worm
4th June 2007, 02:42 PM
And someone poposes that Bush was "wired" to receive "answers"?! To figure out who was on the other end of the wire, all anyone had to do was check to see who in Bush's inner circle got fired immediately after the debate.

Maybe it was the democrats!

Par
4th June 2007, 02:52 PM
IIRC, the same type of bulge/seam showed up in a pic of Bush driving a pick-up on his ranch around the same time period.

That's here: http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2004/10/13/transmitter/index.html

tacodaemon
4th June 2007, 02:59 PM
A few weeks after the debate, one of the Capitol Hill newspapers reported (citing unnamed Secret Service sources) that it was from a bulletproof-vest strap (http://web.archive.org/web/20060114180623/http://www.thehill.com/under_dome/110404.aspx) and that "The president’s handlers did not want to admit as much during the campaign, for fear of disclosing information related to his personal security while he was on the campaign trail."

Steven Lupo Grossi
4th June 2007, 03:17 PM
Someone found a picture of the medtronic device, and it seemed to match very well with the outlines seen under Bush's coat.

gumboot
4th June 2007, 08:29 PM
Redtail is quite right, the actual receiver and wire for a earpiece (much as with a body mic) can easily be hidden out of sight.

Having been involved in theatre since I was about 12 (and then film), I have been wired, and assisted in the wiring of others dozens and dozens of times. You'd be amazed at the sort of costumes the sound techs can hide them in. A suit would be very very simple.

-Gumboot

Drysdale
4th June 2007, 08:55 PM
Is there any pictures of Kerry's back for comparison from that debate?

Maybe that'd at least eliminate the possibility the TV audio engineers wired both for the debate.

Alzke
4th June 2007, 08:59 PM
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3979568779414136481&q=press+for+truth

Check out this clip of Bush on Sept 13th, 2001 from "Press for Truth" (1:00:15 - 1:00:45)

It always stuck me as odd ... he acts like he's listening for something and I can just picture Rove hunched over in some dark room piping this stuff in

edit: why is JREF splitting up "truth" in my URL? It doesnt show up with a space in the edit window

StoneWT
4th June 2007, 09:15 PM
I always thought it was possible bunching of his coat combined with distortion from the video.

Unfit4Command
4th June 2007, 09:35 PM

LMAO!!:D:D I actually laughed for a while when I read that.

I'm not sure what the bulge in Bush's back could have been. Here's a pretty bad picture from the second debate from comparison.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/911pictures/Other%20Stuff/wire.jpg
Taken from this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXXa1_oArM&mode=related&search=) video.

-eta-
Found a better video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAHJzXZTyZo&mode=related&search=).
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/911pictures/Other%20Stuff/wire2.jpg

Looks like there was no "wire" (or whatever it was) in the second debate. I don't understand how Bush could have been wired during the first debate when he did so poorly, and not wired during the second where I thought he did much better, but I can't remember all of the questions he was asked exactly...that was quite a few years ago.

CFLarsen
4th June 2007, 10:15 PM
Bad tailor.

neutrino_cannon
4th June 2007, 10:20 PM
Who cares if they're all wired? It's not as though they would ever be expected to make a policy decision in a vacuum, why should they debate in one?