PDA

View Full Version : "And now I can die happy"- Dylan Avery

Undesired Walrus
5th June 2007, 09:43 AM
Now I can make another thread.. It's been a day.. I didn't want to distract everyone from smoke signals in 'No ad hom please'

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382

Dylan sums up what he really wants from making loose change.. not justice, not truth, not the real murderers of 3000 people...

...but an endorsement from Kevin Smith.

Oh Dylan, Dylan, Dylan....

I especially like this quote, "I just wanted to make a movie".. disgusting really...

QUOTE (Mark Dice @ Jun 5 2007, 02:07 AM)
Dylan....your life hasn't even begun. once LCFC hits...you'll have full access to practically anything. Just hook me up with a press pass for the oscars, would ya? I want to hassel celebs on the red carpet. ...and hit on a few too.
==============

Crazy, man. Absolutely crazy. I just wanted to make a movie.

chipmunk stew
5th June 2007, 09:51 AM
Could you quote the OP for those of us who can only reach the site by proxy?

Undesired Walrus
5th June 2007, 09:54 AM
Could you quote the OP for those of us who can only reach the site by proxy?

All I can think is, "He directed Dogma... Dogma... one of the worst films I ever saw!"

Seriously, Clerks was one of the first independent films I saw that I truly enjoyed. Korey and I were actually doing our paper route one morning and I came back home, turned on HBO, and caught the ending. I desperately looked for the next airing...and I've been a huge Smith fan since then. The sequel, personally, couldn't have been better done.

So imagine my surprise, and delight, when I hear this:
http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/?p=4407
http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/podp...SModcast-14.mp3 (Direct Link)

Personally, I always sucked at Geometry. And I've never claimed to be the next James Earl Jones.
:lol:

And I wished Kevin had addressed a better issue than the "jet engine" one, which is up for debate, but hey. Great plug. He'll love the next edition even more.

Seriously...I was jumping up and down. I've wanted to hear this for a while now.

Btw, tomorrow, I'll be hosting LTW Radio by myself, and I'll probably have Luke on to talk about what's been going on.

If Dylan enjoyed the "biblical deluge of awfulness(RossTM)" that was Clerks 2, his next movie...well...

R.Mackey
5th June 2007, 10:08 AM
I happen to like Kevin Smith. Doesn't mean I expect him to refute NIST.

However, it's also possible that Mr. Smith is merely looking for someone to replace Jason Mewes... I can think of a few candidates. ;)

Civilized Worm
5th June 2007, 10:37 AM
Clerks and Mallrats were OK, and some of his comics when he got around to writing them. Really though he's one of the most overrated people on the planet.

Unsecured Coins
5th June 2007, 10:51 AM
I just read that thread at his forums and it dawned on me just now how diluted they are. What caught me was the "you still have a revolution starting movie to release" comment. Do these people really believe that if/when/once LCFC is released, the people will rise up, the masses will march, and at the end of a long epic struggle, the government will be toppled, but during said revolution "normal" life will go on as "planned"? If there was any reason why I should feel no pity or remorse for them when the bottom drops out of their sad pathetic gathering it would be this. All of them have only one thing going through their one track/stop light mind, and that's to be known as part of the group that "brought America back to the peoples" using their internetz skillz and combat tactics learned in Halo. They full expect a Red Dawn style campaign AND The Oscars to go on at the same time? Give me a BREAK. It's not funny anymore.

Triterope
5th June 2007, 11:10 AM
All of them have only one thing going through their one track/stop light mind, and that's to be known as part of the group that "brought America back to the peoples" using their internetz skillz and combat tactics learned in Halo.

And they can't even stay focused on that goal. For someone who has a revolution-starting movie to finish in three months, Dylan Avery sure has a lot of free time to bicker with Killtown.

JAStewart
5th June 2007, 11:50 AM
I love Kevin Smith, his movies are amazing, I've almost met him... at Edinburgh 2006 I got tickets for the UK premier of Clerks II and I got to ask him a question (from the audience).

However, should he go onto 9/11 denial I shall have to not watch a single second of his flicks until he retracts his statements.

Gravy
5th June 2007, 11:52 AM
Oh. I thought Avery was making a promise. :(

Hourglassmemory
5th June 2007, 11:58 AM
I guess I understand Avery when he says "I just wanted to make a movie"
the thing is that he chose probably the worst subject he could have ever chosen.
People make mistakes, Mr. Avery.

Undesired Walrus
5th June 2007, 12:03 PM

*Sharp intake of breath*

The Demon's Head
5th June 2007, 12:13 PM
Kevin Smith? Ha ha. I only respect that guy because of Clerks. I really can't respect him for his literary works at Marvel. Some of his work at Marvel was nothing more than disease ridden filth.

Creating threads like this one seems to only do one positive thing for Avery, and that is expanding his ego. Might it be better to discuss the conspiracy theory than discussing the theorist?

Alt+F4
5th June 2007, 03:10 PM
Kevin Smith's co-host says, in regard to Dylan's narration of LC: "It's not like it's James Earle Jones narrating it. It's like this whiney [rule 8]ing mousey little kid."

Smith found that comment quite amusing. BTW, Smith does call LC "riviting", but not because he believes it to be true, but rather the way it slams you with so much information all at once (not enough time to process).

Most of the broadcast revolved aliens from outer space. They mock an Internet documentary about aliens landing on earth and Smith calls it the "Loose Change of UFO documentaries."

It's beyond me how Dylan Avery could consider any of this an endorcement.

Arus808
5th June 2007, 03:15 PM
anyone have a clip on this so we can get hte entire context?

Unsecured Coins
5th June 2007, 03:21 PM
i will shortly

Alt+F4
5th June 2007, 03:22 PM
anyone have a clip on this so we can get hte entire context?

It's at the 4:00 minute mark.

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/podp...SModcast-14.mp3 (http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/podp...SModcast-14.mp3)

Gravy
5th June 2007, 03:30 PM
I guess I understand Avery when he says "I just wanted to make a movie"
the thing is that he chose probably the worst subject he could have ever chosen.
People make mistakes, Mr. Avery.Give him some credit. He set out to make a fictional film and succeeded completely.

Alt+F4
5th June 2007, 03:31 PM
Oh, it get's even better...

Dylan goes to Kevin Smith's website forum and posts:

Hey Kevin...I'm the director of Loose Change
And I gotta tell you man, I've been a long time fan of your work. If you want to hear the boring story, I posted it here:
http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/2...-smell-it.html (http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/2007/06/clerks-you-can-smell-it.html)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for plugging the film, and I eagerly await your review of the Final Cut.

The regular posters there rip him a new one, big time:

KEvin does not post here and he hates SPAM....ALMOST as much as we do.

I thought "Loose Change" was one of the most entertaining pieces of fiction I have seen in quite some time.

Loose Change lost me when the nutjobs who created it failed to reveal the real perpetrator of the 9/11 conspiracy. BIGFOOT! How the [rule 8] can you create a documentary about 9/11 and miss the obvious?! Are you stupid? Seriously.

Why don't you go to Kevin's main website, you know the one where he posts at, make your little post about your film and see how fast they line up to skin you alive. Including Kevin...

Those are just a few of the posts, the entire beat-down can be read here:

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7305

Arus808
5th June 2007, 03:36 PM
the comment by marksiwel is a nice one ^_^...and he gives kudos to Mark Roberts for handing Dylan's @## ^_^

Unsecured Coins
5th June 2007, 03:41 PM
Oh my Damn.

Oh my F'n Damn.

Undesired Walrus
5th June 2007, 03:46 PM
What Avery bad move.

Undesired Walrus
5th June 2007, 03:48 PM
Also, who did this?

55nQ00gSKC0

It was mentioned on that forum.

Civilized Worm
5th June 2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, I guess even Kevin Smith films aren't buying this ****.

Pardalis
5th June 2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think Avery got it, I think Kevin Smith is actually making fun of the movie.

Alareth
5th June 2007, 03:53 PM
Well, it seems Kevin Smiths fans are blessed with critical thinking skills :)

gumboot
5th June 2007, 03:58 PM
Anyone who doesn't think much of Kevin Smith, let me restore it with this clip:

vgYhLIThTvk

-Gumboot

Pardalis
5th June 2007, 04:25 PM

vgYhLIThTvk

-Gumboot

One thing is for sure, Kevin Smith is a heck of a storyteller. :D

Unsecured Coins
5th June 2007, 04:26 PM
What Avery bad move.

I just got that. :D

Arus808
5th June 2007, 05:19 PM

vgYhLIThTvk

-Gumboot

haha excellent.

8den
5th June 2007, 05:41 PM

vgYhLIThTvk

-Gumboot

The man is an exceptional funny and gifted verbal storyteller. His work on Daredevil comicbook was excellent, and his more talkie films (jersey girl aside) are the better ones. An evening with Kevin Smith is hilarious and anyone who can recount an ancedote and look at himself witha bemused sardonic grin is worthy of at least some respect.

As to the interview, it's fairly clear smith and whathisface Jay are ripping the piss out of Loose Change, it is rulefreaking8 that Dylan assumes, that just by being mentioned by Smith he is validated by Smith. Watching his beat down by Smith's forum members is very schadenfreuden, but very pleasant.

Awww Dylan didn't figure ouw hiz eroe was laughing at him...

Brainster
5th June 2007, 05:43 PM
If anybody wants to see the "Loose Change of UFO Films" it's here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5980990221766439646&q=UFOs+the+greatest+cover+up&hl=en) I've watched it for about 10 minutes and it is certainly entertaining and has a catchy beat and far better production values. The music is too loud to hear the talking in places. But the description of the film seems accurate; it bombards you with "facts" just like Loose Change did.

Undesired Walrus
5th June 2007, 05:50 PM
If anybody wants to see the "Loose Change of UFO Films" it's here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5980990221766439646&q=UFOs+the+greatest+cover+up&hl=en) I've watched it for about 10 minutes and it is certainly entertaining and has a catchy beat and far better production values. The music is too loud to hear the talking in places. But the description of the film seems accurate; it bombards you with "facts" just like Loose Change did.

See, it's interesting, I think it would be really cruel to do a "Screw UFO Greatest Story Ever Told", but somehow I would never feel that way about a 9/11 truth flick. Why is that?

Foolmewunz
5th June 2007, 05:53 PM

There is something cynical about us New Yorkers..... I had a dark vision of my own when I saw this thread.

Am I evil because I read the thread title and was hoping it was a quote from a suicide note (okay let's make it a failed attempt at suicide so as to maintain my pacifist leanings)?

Brainster
5th June 2007, 06:38 PM
See, it's interesting, I think it would be really cruel to do a "Screw UFO Greatest Story Ever Told", but somehow I would never feel that way about a 9/11 truth flick. Why is that?

Probably because the UFOlogists aren't accusing other people of mass murder?

qarnos
5th June 2007, 07:08 PM
Spam? Umm...I'm the director of the film he mentioned on today's show. I'm thanking him and telling him how much I appreciate his work. And I'm sure the mods are in touch with him on a regular basis, as much as I am with the mods of my forum. So I'd appreciate you not being a dick about it. Thanks.

Firstly, I hope Dylan isn't comparing himself to Kevin Smith. Secondly - didn't the old LCF go into meltdown because Dylan didn't communicate with his mods?

Foolmewunz
5th June 2007, 07:35 PM
Well, the mods at Quickstopentertainment closed the thread. But not before a lovely smackdown, I dare say.

Dylan must be reeling. He probably thought he'd get the usual, "Hey, wow, it's DA... You da man!" responses he gets from his greasy fanboys.

Here's the best post in the thread, in its entirety. I love this guy!!! I bolded the best parts and will rely on the auto-censor to clean up the naughty bits.

Actually, that was me being nice... but I can be a dick.

1st:
The fact that you are the director means you have a personal stake in the out-come of your project, which is why it is SPAM....You *********** retard. You are pawning you film off on this site without so much as stopping by and saying, hey how's it going.

2nd:
The mods might be in touch with Kevin on a regular Basis, but guess what they are not going to tell him about your film. Because they hate you. I hate you. Everyone hates you.
3rd:
Why don't you go to Kevin's main website, you know the one where he posts at, make your little post about your film and see how fast they line up to skin you alive. Including Kevin...

http://wwww.viewaskew.com

We get about 30 to 40 of you ****s a year dude, Sorry to tell you but you are nothing but a spammer.

Later.

ETA: Auto-censor worked.

negativ
5th June 2007, 08:15 PM
They full expect a Red Dawn style campaign AND The Oscars to go on at the same time? Give me a BREAK. It's not funny anymore.

No, they do not at all expect "Red Dawn". They think a revolution happens when enough people smoke weed and carry agitprop signs around depicting Bush with Hitler mustaches painted on.

They expect that the "rest" of Teh PEoplz will look out the window and see all this weed smoking and sign-carrying and say, "huh... I never thought of that before. I bet they're right!"

Then they'll all march together down to the whitehouse, chanting their jump-rope rhymes in unison through chrome-plated megaphones of revolutionary destiny. They'll knock on the door and DEMAND JUSTICE, which apparently is sort of like going to Wal-Mart and asking for a refund for a defective product.

They all live hiply ever after.

I don't know of any examples in history where revolutions played out like that. The only ones I can think of involved rivers of blood in the streets... heads tumbling into baskets... "traitors" shot at dawn / dusk / noon / midnight / that odd bit of time that some people call "brunch" / etc... towns set ablaze... imprisonment and/or summary executions of entire families. It's much more likely to be" Please Don't Torture My Family, Dear Commrade" than "Don't Bogart That Joint, My Friend".

Mobyseven
5th June 2007, 08:16 PM
Whew, for a minute there I thought I was going to have to cry over the loss of the man who directed Clerks and Chasing Amy to the 9/11 truth movement. But, thank Ed, that need not be the case.

Just. Nobody. Mention. Jersey. Girl.

gumboot
5th June 2007, 08:30 PM
Firstly, I hope Dylan isn't comparing himself to Kevin Smith. Secondly - didn't the old LCF go into meltdown because Dylan didn't communicate with his mods?

Dylan seems to have missed an important point about actual important famous people. They aren't in regular contact with the mods on their fansite forums. In fact many of them probably never communicate with the moderators on fansite forums dedicated to them. Real famous people don't have time, and nor do they care.

-Gumboot

negativ
5th June 2007, 08:38 PM

vgYhLIThTvk

-Gumboot

That was a great story. Assuming it's true. :)

The only Kevin Smith movie I've seen was Clerks, and I just couldn't see the OMFG YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS, LOLOCAUST!!!11 appeal at all. That's OK though, because I'm one of those nuts who thinks that every single thing ever done by David Cronenberg, Terry Zwigoff, and John Waters are untouchable perfection.

negativ
5th June 2007, 08:59 PM
As to the interview, it's fairly clear smith and whathisface Jay are ripping the piss out of Loose Change, it is rulefreaking8 that Dylan assumes, that just by being mentioned by Smith he is validated by Smith.

The same thing happened when South Park did their 9/11 conspiracy episode. The goobers at the LC forums performed some breathtaking, Olympic-quality mental gymnastics to convince each other that by insulting the CT people, the South Park writers were *actually* supporting them. After high-fiving each other until dawn, they resumed their busy schedule of accusing "OCTers" of "Doublethink".:hypnotize:

Corsair 115
5th June 2007, 09:39 PM
[second-hand brush with celebrity]

Speaking of Kevin Smith, a friend of mine met him when he was up here in Toronto visiting the set of Degrassi: The Next Generation (my friend worked on the show at the time.)

[/second-hand brush with celebrity]

CptColumbo
5th June 2007, 10:29 PM
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

Nah, it's funny.

Slayhamlet
5th June 2007, 10:38 PM
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

Nah, it's funny.

In a sad sort of way.

Alareth
5th June 2007, 11:12 PM
Just. Nobody. Mention. Jersey. Girl.

Too. Late. You. Just. Did.

Matthew Best
6th June 2007, 12:23 AM
[second-hand brush with celebrity]

Speaking of Kevin Smith, a friend of mine met him when he was up here in Toronto visiting the set of Degrassi: The Next Generation (my friend worked on the show at the time.)

[/second-hand brush with celebrity]

I can beat that as I got taken to see the second Evening With Kevin Smith in London a year or so ago by a friend who worked for Sony at the time. He asked if I wanted to go backstage afterwards and thinking that there would be drinks, food, loads of people etc I agreed. Right after the show we went into the dressing room and it turned out it was just me, my friend, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes and Kevin's parents. I felt like I really shouldn't have been there but Mr Smith was very friendly. His talk was very entertaining as well.

In fact without meaning to be rude I think I'd rather listen to him talk about his films than actually watch one.

Shrinker
6th June 2007, 02:58 AM

Ouch. Now that's a peer review!

Foolmewunz
6th June 2007, 03:03 AM

Oh, I'm still laughing over the thread on the fans' board. I've tried to get a pass on the Stundies to somehow nominate this total self-flagellation for a Stundie. It certainly merits it.

scissorhands
6th June 2007, 04:12 AM
God, thats a seriously embarrassing slapdown.
I hope nobody is going to mention this on the thread Dylan started on LCF.
That would be cruel and spiteful.:)

Alt+F4
6th June 2007, 05:35 AM

Yeah and the fact that Dylan got scared away after only 3 posts.

I've registered at Kevin Smith's personal site where he posts. I'm going to ask his opinion of Loose Change. Stay tuned!

60hzxtl
6th June 2007, 05:37 AM

Wow! That musta left a stain on the plaid-couch-from-Sears at Dylan's!

catbasket
6th June 2007, 05:41 AM
This thread has made me laugh and laugh, which I really needed after reading about psychics and missing child Maddy McCann.

Thanks folks, especially Alt+F4 for the link to the Smith fans thread. :)

Way to go Dylan! You have an amazing talent for making a total tit of yourself.

8den
6th June 2007, 06:29 AM

I've registered at Kevin Smith's personal site where he posts. I'm going to ask his opinion of Loose Change. Stay tuned!

What forum is that then?

uk_dave
6th June 2007, 06:48 AM
What forum is that then?

http://www.viewaskew.com/

;)

Mancman
6th June 2007, 07:05 AM

Absolutely hilarious stuff.

maccy
6th June 2007, 07:49 AM

What forum is that then?

http://www.viewaskew.com/;)

More specifically, you can see Alt+F4's first post here:

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=53930&start=1203

Not much response so far...

catbasket
6th June 2007, 07:55 AM
Aaarghh! Where's the bleeping popcorn smiley?

MortFurd
6th June 2007, 08:46 AM
Aaarghh! Where's the bleeping popcorn smiley?
Getting a band-aid.

Oh. BleePing.

Belz...
6th June 2007, 09:23 AM
All I can think is, "He directed Dogma... Dogma... one of the worst films I ever saw!"

What the hell's wrong with Dogma ?

Next thing you know they'll just say the people at Smith's website are shills.

Civilized Worm
6th June 2007, 09:38 AM
Alanis Morissette was god.

defaultdotxbe
6th June 2007, 09:43 AM
but she didnt speak except to blow up ben aflecks head, so it all evens out

strathmeyer
6th June 2007, 12:33 PM
More specifically, you can see Alt+F4's first post here:

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=53930&start=1203

Not much response so far...

Alt+F4 wrote:
Anyway Dylan Avery, the director of that garbage, took Kevin's comments as an endorcement of "Loose Change"! I didn't think that was what Kevin was saying at all.
MonmouthCountyVAFan wrote:
How did he take that as approval?? Please provide a link and/or some proof.

The skeptics! They're everywhere!

Redtail
6th June 2007, 12:48 PM
Oh this is just comedy! The thread at LCF sould be made into a sketch.

Civilized Worm
6th June 2007, 12:50 PM
but she didnt speak except to blow up ben aflecks head, so it all evens out

Her voice has a similar effect on me.

And that's another reason to hate Smith, the career of Ben Affleck.

60hzxtl
6th June 2007, 12:55 PM
Alt+F4 wrote:
Anyway Dylan Avery, the director of that garbage, took Kevin's comments as an endorcement of "Loose Change"! I didn't think that was what Kevin was saying at all.
MonmouthCountyVAFan wrote:
How did he take that as approval?? Please provide a link and/or some proof.

The skeptics! They're everywhere!

Dylan thought that South Park was endorsing him.

Reeeealllly!

CptColumbo
6th June 2007, 05:42 PM
At least his mother loves him....Right?

No matter what anyone says, my mom thinks I'm cool.

Unsecured Coins
6th June 2007, 05:56 PM

No matter what anyone says, my mom thinks I'm cool.

my mom thinks you're pretty cool too

CptColumbo
6th June 2007, 06:10 PM
my mom thinks you're pretty cool too

Thanks. I needed that.

bje
6th June 2007, 07:16 PM
It seems Dylan is rather desperate (http://tinyurl.com/22e3p4) to promote "Loose Change."

steve s
6th June 2007, 07:51 PM

Are you sure? If your kid was pissing on the graves of 3000 people just so that he wouldn't have to wait tables at TGIFridays anymore, wouldn't you have a sit-down with him?

Steve S.

CptColumbo
6th June 2007, 08:13 PM
Are you sure? If your kid was pissing on the graves of 3000 people just so that he wouldn't have to wait tables at TGIFridays anymore, wouldn't you have a sit-down with him?

Steve S.

That's why it ended with a question mark. Depending how close they were to begin with.

Foolmewunz
6th June 2007, 08:21 PM
It seems Dylan is rather desperate (http://tinyurl.com/22e3p4) to promote "Loose Change."

Another good 'un BJE.
[jason b]I mean, like cyclones never hit the middle east, man! So how come this one conveeeeeniently heads towards Iran, huh? Can't you people see what they're doing?"[/jason b]

You know the loops they show on the satellite weather stations? Can't you see LCFS looping the hurricane hitting the shore and hear Dylan's whiney voice doing that line from LC.... "Whoa! Back it up!" (or whatever it was he said)

On a more serious unserious note, BJE... you really could work up this whole fansite incident into a nice blog piece. You almost wouldn't have to fabricate a thing!

Orphia Nay
7th June 2007, 01:21 AM
There's no way Kevin Smith is a twoofer. He calls Loose Change a "conspiracy theorist documentary" in no uncertain terms.

Here's what he says about the movie:

"...and you wouldn't think that you'd buy it - you're like 'shut the **** up' but the information comes at you so fast, so furious with *********** like... you can't dispute the facts, but you EASILY could, but the way it's positioned and the way the story is told, you sit there going, like [paranoid voice] 'it's gotta be true'. Like 'if a jet engine is flying into the Pentagon, cars on the road would be like blown off the road. It's like if a car in the wake of a jet engine gets blown off the road, why weren't any of the cars like blown off the *********** highway near the Pentagon?' Like, [paranoid voice] 'this guy's got a point... I've never thought of it before'. You start feeling like you're Charlie Sheen, where you're like, 'I think the government brought the buildings down themselves', or whatever it is he believes."

Poor Dylan. How embarrassing for him. The turd. :D

8den
7th June 2007, 02:30 AM
Poor Dylan. How embarrassing for him. The turd. :D

Whats more embarssing, that Dylan thought Kevin Smith's a fan, or that we took Dylan telling us Kevin Smith's a fan at face value?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me like 759 times, you need to be beaten with the stupid stick.

MortFurd
7th June 2007, 02:38 AM
Whats more embarssing, that Dylan thought Kevin Smith's a fan, or that we took Dylan telling us Kevin Smith's a fan at face value?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me like 759 times, you need to be beaten with the stupid stick.

If you've been fooled 759 times, YOU've already been beaten with a stupid stick and are dire need of a work over with the clue bat.

Orphia Nay
7th June 2007, 02:40 AM

Exactly. First, South Park, his heroes, and now Kevin Smith, his idol have lambasted him, and yet he publicly misunderstood their outright ridicule. He has never looked so stupid as he has today.

I can forgive him for falling for the faulty logic that is 9/11 denial, as I was once uneducated in logic and critical thinking. But to be so self-deluded as to think South Park and Kevin Smith supported his delusions when their ridicule is obvious makes him pathetic in my opinion. He has reached rock bottom.

The only way he can improve his reputation is to disown the Truth Movement, and admit his mistakes outright.

8den
7th June 2007, 03:54 AM
Exactly. First, South Park, his heroes, and now Kevin Smith, his idol have lambasted him, and yet he publicly misunderstood their outright ridicule. He has never looked so stupid as he has today.

Oh I don't know about that he looks pretty rule8ing stupid here;

Warning the following photo has been known to enduce rage, occasionaly nausea and in extreme cases vomiting.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/may2007/280507dylansheen.jpg

I can forgive him for falling for the faulty logic that is 9/11 denial, as I was once uneducated in logic and critical thinking. But to be so self-deluded as to think South Park and Kevin Smith supported his delusions when their ridicule is obvious makes him pathetic in my opinion. He has reached rock bottom.

I got to admit I said it last month about something, but I'll say it again because it's damn true, shadenfreuden is rarly this sweet.

The only way he can improve his reputation is to disown the Truth Movement, and admit his mistakes outright.

I've got to wonder about this capacity for self delusion is it fathomless? Is it possible Dylan can admit this to himself? He's been mocked by southpark, had a BBC camera crew come into his home and have to explain the concept of a simile to him, yet, here is again presuming aganist rationality and his own ears that Kevin Smith likes his movie.

Is he wandering around his "crib" like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard?

We can but hope.

qarnos
7th June 2007, 04:00 AM
Warning the following photo has been known to enduce rage, occasionaly nausea and in extreme cases vomiting.

Oh, man! Did you have to do that?!!! At least a spoiler tag! :D

ETA: It's like a car crash! I don't wanna see it, but I can't look away! :eek:

DGM
7th June 2007, 04:17 AM

I believe Dylan is trying to save his job. He's only selling the idea, It's his flock that needs the clue bat.

sleahead
7th June 2007, 04:24 AM

Agreed. In the case of Maddox (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons), another of Dylan's favourites, I think he got the message. I'm sure the page title ' There is no 9/11 conspiracy you morons' was a big help to Dylan in figuring this out.

8den
7th June 2007, 04:38 AM
I believe Dylan is trying to save his job. He's only selling the idea, It's his flock that needs the clue bat.

I really don't know, I think we're giving him too much credit here. If he hadn't started that thread on loose change forums, and on the viewaskew one, I'd agree with you. But I really think he's deluded himself and believes all this now. In his heart of hearts he may actually know how wrong he is, but I really think he's out there. Look how desperate he is for validation from his "peers". He's publically announced that LC:FC will be his final film, he wants out, he's just in too.

Belz...
7th June 2007, 04:46 AM

Well, she sang the anthems at the Hockey game in Ottawa on Monday. I thought "Hey! God is singing in Ottawa!!"

Belz...
7th June 2007, 04:47 AM

RAGE it is.

stateofgrace
7th June 2007, 05:10 AM

Thank you, that was absolutely hilarious.

Dylan please just stop, just stop.

SpitfireIX
7th June 2007, 05:41 AM
First, South Park, his heroes, and now Kevin Smith, his idol have lambasted him, and yet he publicly misunderstood their outright ridicule. He has never looked so stupid as he has today.

I don't like South Park generally (okay, you can stop melting tar and collecting feathers :D ), but I do watch it occasionally when it ridicules some especially despicable person or group.

For the two people who regularly read this forum who haven't seen the September 11 and Scientology episodes, I'll use spoilers.

Although I found the September 11 episode somewhat amusing, I really wish it had been more like the Scientology episode, where they parodied specific members of the movement and ridiculed its ideas, revealing at the end that the leaders are just in it for the money.

Maybe they'll do another September 11 episode with Rosie O'Donnell and Charlie Sheen in the roles of Tom Cruise and John Travolta, and then at the end Dylan reveals that he's just in it for the money and publicity, and several other "truthers" are revealed to simply be crazy and/or blinded by anti-Bush ideology.

I wonder, if South Park were to make such an episode, if Dylan and his fans would finally realize their heroes were making fun of them.

Mobyseven
7th June 2007, 05:42 AM

The only way that is going to happen is if a flying pig happens to hit him on the head and shock him into honesty. Or perhaps if the USA legalises marijuana. My theory there is that if the government makes it legal, that means it must be bad and part of a conspiracy. When he stops smoking the demon-weed, he'll come to his senses. Of course by that time Chevy Chase will be the President, and the USA will be devastated by their brutal war against the Canadian-Mexican alliance.

Belz...
7th June 2007, 07:11 AM
against the Canadian-Mexican alliance

Ooohhh.... ooooh you don't want to end up against Canada!!!

Undesired Walrus
7th June 2007, 08:54 AM

I think I was blinded by my dislike for Kevin Smith...

Does this not prove something to us about Dylan? He sees something out of the ordinary, does not take the time to look closer or go over it and be sure of the facts, and jumps to ridiculous conclusions?

Foolmewunz
7th June 2007, 08:55 AM
Orphia's on the right track.....

Now that the rare few of them have shown some cognitive abilities (witness the turning on Wm. Rodriguez except for the greasy fanboys), it's time for the "movement" to finally realize:

Dylan Avery is an Idiot!

He has so embarassed himself this time that it is impossible to see how he's going to recover any credibility whatsoever, except with the mindless halfwits who make up his peanut gallery. (Yeah, you heard me you suckups.... mindless halfwits! Can't you frakkin' read: Your hee-ro just made a complete and total idiot of himself! Listen to the tape, read the threads.... He's totally incapable of understanding what others are saying as long as they say his name! He's just plain damned stupid.)

Here, in the LCF thread and the Smith fanguys thread is complete evidence that DA is a totally incapable of intelligent thought! The only good thing about video editing, as opposed to actually splicing and editing filmstock, is that they dumb frikkin' leper isn't allowed close to a sharp object like a splicing blade! He would probably cut a major artery and bleed to death.

Forrest? Treees? He can't see the end of his own nose! The guy's being handed his ass everywhere he turns.

Greasy fanboyz: "Whoa, you go Dylan, what time does the revolution start?"
DA: Uhhh, I dunno. They love me out there, don't they?

Yeah, Dylan... they love to make fun of you, you clone!:spjimlad: :spjimlad:

T.A.M.
7th June 2007, 09:03 AM
Dylan is clearly near orgasmic just at the fact that his video was mentioned by his hero. Nothing odd here, just a little boy in awe of his hero...move along.

TAM:)

uk_dave
7th June 2007, 12:48 PM
Dylan Avery:(thehighwaymanq @ Jun 7 2007, 07:37 PM)
If he was anti-truth he would throw in some "and that crazy film" or " that ******** movie." Also, if he was anti-truth movement he wouldn't say the Loose Change of UFOS. He would say the SLC of UFOS or something other than LC. He might not be a full-out truther but he sure isn't an anti-truther.

Exactly.

You don't call a movie you hate "*********** riveting"http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382&st=50&#last

There's a nice example of delusion.

Add it to the rest.

bje
7th June 2007, 02:01 PM
Another good 'un BJE.
On a more serious unserious note, BJE... you really could work up this whole fansite incident into a nice blog piece. You almost wouldn't have to fabricate a thing!

Thanks Foolmewunz.

But one commentor to the post is really upset:

"Your reference to Dr. David Ray Griffin as a cyclone expert is open to being misunderstood and reposted, because it is not accompanied by any disclaimer on the page that you are spoofing. I am asking that you either insert a disclaimer, or remove this item from your blogsite today. Otherwise I shall pursue the matter through Google, as per their policy, Defamation/Libel."

This despite 9/11 truthers' claims that Griffin is a renowned expert in disciplines outside of his own field of Theology, including structural engineering, physics, chemistry, architecture, and forensic science. :confused:

Orphia Nay
7th June 2007, 04:42 PM
The only way that is going to happen is if a flying pig happens to hit him on the head and shock him into honesty. Or perhaps if the USA legalises marijuana. My theory there is that if the government makes it legal, that means it must be bad and part of a conspiracy. When he stops smoking the demon-weed, he'll come to his senses. Of course by that time Chevy Chase will be the President, and the USA will be devastated by their brutal war against the Canadian-Mexican alliance.

:newlol Hahaha!

Perhaps we can convince him that the Gubmint wants him to smoke weed so that he doesn't get off his arse and organise a new 9/11 investigation.

Wooo, Dylan - you're being mind-controlled! :boggled:

Once he's off the dope, he will realise how spurious the twoofers' claims are, and how the 'smoking guns' are really 'smoking bongs'.

Then he might actually be able to finish a "film" (or edit job) in less than 3 years.

Mobyseven
7th June 2007, 07:11 PM
Question - how exactly is he distorting the ass-whooping he got on the fan-site?

By the way - I actually LIKE Kevin Smith's movies don't say Jersey Girl. The thing that bugs me is when people who haven't ever seen a Kevin Smith film watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and go "OMG, THAT WAS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!"

The entire movie was an in-joke. If you haven't seen the other movies then you didn't get 99% of the jokes!

* Mobyseven turns into the Hulk.

Whew...rant over.

Unsecured Coins
7th June 2007, 07:15 PM
Question - how exactly is he distorting the ass-whooping he got on the fan-site?

By the way - I actually LIKE Kevin Smith's movies don't say Jersey Girl. The thing that bugs me is when people who haven't ever seen a Kevin Smith film watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and go "OMG, THAT WAS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!"

The entire movie was an in-joke. If you haven't seen the other movies then you didn't get 99% of the jokes!

* Mobyseven;2672305 turns into the Hulk.

Whew...rant over.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/powers05/SIgnedJay.jpg

/fanboy

LashL
7th June 2007, 07:29 PM

Stellar, bje, stellar. :D

ihaunter
7th June 2007, 08:33 PM

Um, guys... the name of that site is 911booger. It's a spoof site.

It's been said before, with CTists parody is indistinguishable from the real thing.

Scientologist
7th June 2007, 08:39 PM
Kevin Smith may possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to film. He is unoriginal, unfunny, and untalented.

So this makes perfect sense.

Redtail
7th June 2007, 08:42 PM

* Mobyseven;2672305 turns into the Hulk.

Whew...rant over.

Jay and Silent Bob were in other movies? Mu ha ha ha ha! (Waits for head to explode.

Foolmewunz
7th June 2007, 08:42 PM

It's been said before, with CTists parody is indistinguishable from the real thing.

I believe that those of us who commented on it are aware of that fact. Plus we're aware that it's BJE's parody.

But thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts. :spjimlad:

Arus808
7th June 2007, 08:44 PM
I love Kevin Smith's work..well the ones that actually were good (original Clerks, Chasing Amy) . Its true what he said about himself, he's a good person who can actually write dialog. Good dialog.

if he did a film, with just five guys around a campfire and just shooting the *^&!; id pay money to see it.

Horatius
7th June 2007, 08:46 PM
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382&view=findpost&p=13753806

This post and the few following it are my favourite part. Some of their newbs suggest that maybe Smith wasn't endorsing LC, and they immediately get labelled JREFers.

That's a good way to encourage people to stick with your movement, isn't it?

Scientologist
7th June 2007, 08:47 PM
I love Kevin Smith's work..well the ones that actually were good (original Clerks, Chasing Amy) . Its true what he said about himself, he's a good person who can actually write dialog. Good dialog.

if he did a film, with just five guys around a campfire and just shooting the *^&!; id pay money to see it.

With all respect to your personal opinions, can you name one good line frm any Kevin Smith movie? Ever?

Can you name one good scene with one good actor? Ever?

Because I can't.

Interestingly enough, I can't name one good argument in Loose Change nor can I find one effective moment.

Scientologist
7th June 2007, 08:49 PM

Sorry for the double post but I just noticed your Transformers avatar.

Michael Bay is probably the second worst big director of all time... second only to Kevin Smith.

I guess we just have different taste in films. I have good taste and you have bad taste. :rolleyes:

ihaunter
7th June 2007, 08:50 PM
I believe that those of us who commented on it are aware of that fact. Plus we're aware that it's BJE's parody.

But thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts. :spjimlad:

Sorry. Have seen some believe it before. Wasn't aware that it was BJE's.

And what am I supposed to do with 3 broken toasters and a jar of belly-button lint? "lovely" my a**!

Redtail
7th June 2007, 08:52 PM
Exactly.

You don't call a movie you hate "fu[rule8] riveting"

So he doesn't know what sarcasm is either!

:dl:

Foolmewunz
7th June 2007, 08:53 PM
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382&view=findpost&p=13753806

This post and the few following it are my favourite part. Some of their newbs suggest that maybe Smith wasn't endorsing LC, and they immediately get labelled JREFers.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind any longer that Dylan's delusional. Look at his comments in that thread!

Can any of you guys get Revere Radio.... Someone ought to trash him on his own show!

I'll be playing it uncensored tonight on Revere Radio as well.

Look...if he hated the film, or was an anti-9/11 Truth, he would have stopped after saying, "I described it as the Loose Change of UFOs..." Instead, he goes off to describe the film and a claim it made in the first edition.

Just because he wasn't shouting "9/11 Was an Inside Job" doesn't mean he isn't sympathetic to the cause

gumboot
7th June 2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry for the double post but I just noticed your Transformers avatar.

Michael Bay is probably the second worst big director of all time... second only to Kevin Smith.

I guess we just have different taste in films. I have good taste and you have bad taste. :rolleyes:

What's some films that you like, O Lord of all that is Good?

-Gumboot

Mobyseven
7th June 2007, 09:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/powers05/SIgnedJay.jpg

/fanboy

:D

Jay and Silent Bob were in other movies? Mu ha ha ha ha! (Waits for head to explode.

* Mobyseven turns red...head asplodes!

Hell yeah. Kevin Smith may not be perfect, but the man knows good dialogue, that's for sure.

With all respect to your personal opinions, can you name one good line frm any Kevin Smith movie? Ever?

Because I can't.

Hooper: For years in this industry, whenever an African American character, hero or villain, was introduced - usually by white artists and writers - they got slapped with racist names that singled them out as Negroes. Now, my book, "White-Hating Coon," don't have none of that ********. The hero's name is Maleekwa, and he's descended from the black tribe that established the first society on the planet, while all you European ***************** were hiding out in caves and ****, all terrified of the sun. He's a strong role model that a young black reader can look up to. Cause I'm here to tell you, the chickens is coming home to roost, y'all. The black man's no longer gonna play the minstrel in the realm of comics and sci-fi fantasy. We keepin it real, and we gonna get respect by any means necessary.
Holden: Ah, come on, that's a bunch of horse ****! Lando Calrissian was a black guy. You know, and he got to fly the Millennium Falcon, what's the matter with you?
Hooper: Who said that?
Holden: I did! Lando Calrissian is a strong role-model in the realm of science fiction/fantasy.
Hooper: **** Lando Calrissian! Uncle-Tom ******!

[...]

Silent Bob: [to Holden] So there's me an' Amy, and we're all inseparable, right? Just big time in love. And then about four months down the road, the idiot gear kicks in, and I ask about the ex-boyfriend, which, as we all know, is a really dumb move, but you know how it is - you don't really want to know, but you just have to know, right? Stupid guy ********. Anyway she starts telling me all about him - how they fell in love, and how they went out for a couple of years, how they lived together, her mother likes me better, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah - and I'm okay. But then she drops the bomb on me, and the bomb is this: it seems that a couple of times, while they were going out, he'd brought some people to bed with them - ménage a trois, I believe it's called. Now this just blows my mind, right? I mean, I am not used to that sort of thing. I was raised Catholic, for God's sakes.
Jay: Saint ********.
[Silent Bob elbows him. Jay raises his fist as if to strike]
Silent Bob: [to Jay] Do something. [to Holden] So I'm totally weirded out by this right? And I just start blasting her - like I don't know how to deal with what I'm feeling, so I figure the best way is by calling her "slut", and tell her she was used - I mean, I'm out for blood. I really want to hurt this girl. And I'm like "What the **** is your problem?" and she's just all calmly trying to tell me, like, it was that time, it was that place, and she doesn't think she should apologize because she doesn't feel that she's done anything wrong. And I'm like, "Oh, really?" That's when I look her straight in the eye and tell her it's over. I walk.
Jay: ****in' A.
Silent Bob: No, idiot. It was a mistake. I wasn't disgusted with her, I was afraid. At that moment, I felt small - like...like I'd lacked experience, like I'd never be on her level, like I'd never be enough for her or something like that, you know what I'm sayin'? But what I did not get - she didn't care. She wasn't looking for that guy anymore. She was...she was looking for me, for - for the Bob. But, uh, by the time I figured this all out, it was too late, you know. She'd moved on, and all I had to show for it was some foolish pride, which then gave way to regret. She was the girl, I know that now. But I pushed her away. So I've spent every day since then chasing Amy...so to speak.

Randal: What did you like better, Jedi or The Empire Strikes Back?
Dante: Empire.
Randal: Blasphemy.
Dante: Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father. Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets.

QED. ;)

CHF
7th June 2007, 09:30 PM
I'd usually be surprised by someone misunderstanding criticism so badly but then this is the same Dylan Avery who thought that "you're retarded" was a compliment!

Dylan should be thankful that he didn't find himself on the View.

Elizabeth: your movie is a pack of lies that have been debunked a thousand times!

Dylan: Yeah, isn't it, like, totally awsome??? South Park, BBC, now you...Hear that Bush? You're toast!

Orphia Nay
7th June 2007, 09:50 PM
I have nearly run out of amazement at Dylan & his sycophants' stupidity. They really are dumber than a box of hammers.

I notced the first two of those 'JREFers'' posts last night. Almost complete silence since then. You don't suppose Dylan & his sycophants actually went and listened to what Kevin Smith said?

Scientologist
7th June 2007, 09:51 PM
What's some films that you like, O Lord of all that is Good?

-Gumboot

Classics?

Contempt, Raging Bull, Scarface, Godfather 1 and 2, Goodfellas, Once Upon a Time in America, Taxi Driver, CasaBlanca

Modern?

Blood Diamond I enjoyed.

Arus808
7th June 2007, 09:56 PM

Because I can't.

Interestingly enough, I can't name one good argument in Loose Change nor can I find one effective moment.

dont get me started...i worked in a Video Rental store for four years

Chasing Amy:
By Banky : I'm telling you that chick is probably a bigger germ farm than that monkey in Outbreak

Holden : It's like my grandma always said... 'The real money's in the dick and fart jokes.' She was a church lady.

Silent Bob : But, by the time I figured this all out, it was too late; she moved on. And all I had to show for it was some foolish pride which then gave way to regret. She was the girl. I know that now. But, I pushed her away. So I've spent everyday since then chasing Amy. So to speak.

Banky : Since you like chicks, right, do you just look at yourself naked in the mirror all the time?

Banky : What difference does it make if I refer to her as a dyke? Or if I call the Whalers a bunch of faggots in the comfort of my own office, far from the sensitive ears of the rest of the world?

And because I worked in a VIDEO store, I could associate with Clerks/ the entire sequence where Randal Graves talks about customers in his Video Store is pure comedy gold (to me) because I used to field all those SAME damn questions.

Randal : People say crazy **** during sex. One time I called this girl "Mom."

Randal : This job would be great if it wasn't for the [rule8] customers.

I could go on and on and on. BTW, I can recite The Princess Bride, Star Trek: the wrath of Khan and Disney's Mulan, word for word.

Redtail
7th June 2007, 10:04 PM
Classics?

Contempt, Raging Bull, Scarface, Godfather 1 and 2, Goodfellas, Once Upon a Time in America, Taxi Driver, CasaBlanca

Modern?

Blood Diamond I enjoyed.

Casablanca? A movie set in Africa and the only Black guy is from Detroit?

Then the DeNiro, Pachino extravaganza?

Your "taste" is oregano.:p

Redtail
7th June 2007, 10:06 PM
BTW, I can recite The Princess Bride, Star Trek: the wrath of Khan and Disney's Mulan, word for word.

I can recite every Richard Pryor album word for word... and it's STILL funny!

gumboot
7th June 2007, 10:17 PM
Classics?

Modern?

Blood Diamond I enjoyed.

With all due respect you appear to have a very narrow range of appreciation. Would you also be an older gentleman/woman?

Would you struggle to list twenty films you consider "good" in the last twenty years? (And I don't mean "enjoyable"; bad films can still be enjoyable at least once. I mean actual good films).

-Gumboot

qarnos
8th June 2007, 01:25 AM

NWO rule #384:

When BJE makes a post to 911booger, someone must take it seriously. This serves to highlight the inanity of 9/11 conspiracy theories.

jhunter1163
8th June 2007, 01:35 AM
I could go on and on and on. BTW, I can recite The Princess Bride, Star Trek: the wrath of Khan and Disney's Mulan, word for word.

Best line in ANY movie, ever:

Saavik: You lied?!

Spock (raising eyebrow): I exaggerated.

I still say that whenever possible (not that I lie a lot).

8den
8th June 2007, 02:18 AM

Because I can't.

One Good Actor? Are you really trying to tell me Jason Lee, Linda Fiorentino, and Alan freaking Rickman aren't good actors? Hell Selma Heyack, Ben Stiller, and Matt Damon got some acting chops. too. And the scene from Jay and Silent Bob with Damon n Stiller rehearsing for "Good Will Hunting 2" is rule8ing hilarious. "Hey Crowe how about you do some directing here?" "Later. I'm counting money." And thats just off the top of my head.

I won't argue a matter of taste with you, because it's subjective, my issues with loose changes are about the lies, distortions and untruths in it, I assume thats the same with everyone else here.

Fine you don't like Kevin Smith's body of work, but come on don't equate it to Loose Change. You think Kevin Smith makes bad films, some of us disagree. But the thing about Loose Change is that it's not just a bad film, it's a flat out wrong film.

Belz...
8th June 2007, 04:48 AM

I could, but then you couldn't read it because of all the "*"s.

Belz...
8th June 2007, 04:49 AM

You are a goddess.

Brainache
8th June 2007, 04:53 AM
You are a goddess.

Still no girlfriend then Belz?

Should be a few chicks down there in hell, why not organize a singles night or some speed dating?

Belz...
8th June 2007, 04:55 AM
I hate you, Brain.

Brainache
8th June 2007, 05:03 AM
I hate you, Brain.

Well I only asked on the off chance that you might pass one my way...

Unsecured Coins
8th June 2007, 05:06 AM
Well I only asked on the off chance that you might pass one my way...

You want them ladies, you gotta get one of these

http://www.coolclockstore.com/store/images/PIMP%20NECKLACE%20Yeah%20Boyeee%20001%20CCS.jpg

You'll have to beat 'em off with a stick. Sarge wouldn't do you wrong, man, trust me on this

T.A.M.
8th June 2007, 05:12 AM
Some of my favorite films from 1987-2007 (not in order):

1. Braveheart
2. Gladiator
3. Layer Cake
4. Last Temptation of Christ
5. The Passion
6. The Sixth Sense
7. Calendar Girls
8. 300
9. War of the Worlds
10. Heat (sorry, but Deniro and Pacino are good)
11. Lord of The Rings Trilogy

These are not my top, but some of my favs.

Brainache
8th June 2007, 05:16 AM
You want them ladies, you gotta get one of these

http://www.coolclockstore.com/store/images/PIMP%20NECKLACE%20Yeah%20Boyeee%20001%20CCS.jpg

You'll have to beat 'em off with a stick. Sarge wouldn't do you wrong, man, trust me on this

Umm maybe if I was a steely eyed marine, but as I'm a bookworm 43 year old Aussie who hates sport, I think I might try a different approach.

I prefer the- "Didn't I meet you on the set of(insert TV soap of your choice here)..." type strategy.

Probably explains why I'm talking pick-up lines with Beelzebub.

Regnad Kcin
8th June 2007, 05:39 AM
They all live hiply ever after.Snort.

The entire post linked above: nominated.

Scientologist
8th June 2007, 05:57 AM
With all due respect you appear to have a very narrow range of appreciation. Would you also be an older gentleman/woman?

Would you struggle to list twenty films you consider "good" in the last twenty years? (And I don't mean "enjoyable"; bad films can still be enjoyable at least once. I mean actual good films).

-Gumboot

I'm 28.

I was just naming a few movies off the top of my head, I didn't know you were looking for a comprehensive list of every movie that I have ever enjoyed.

I was just listing a few favorites.

I would have no problem finding 20 good films in the last 20 years under your standards. The thing is, none of them would be Michael Bay or Kevin Smith movies.

Scientologist
8th June 2007, 05:59 AM
One Good Actor? Are you really trying to tell me Jason Lee, Linda Fiorentino, and Alan freaking Rickman aren't good actors? Hell Selma Heyack, Ben Stiller, and Matt Damon got some acting chops. too. And the scene from Jay and Silent Bob with Damon n Stiller rehearsing for "Good Will Hunting 2" is rule8ing hilarious. "Hey Crowe how about you do some directing here?" "Later. I'm counting money." And thats just off the top of my head.

I won't argue a matter of taste with you, because it's subjective, my issues with loose changes are about the lies, distortions and untruths in it, I assume thats the same with everyone else here.

Fine you don't like Kevin Smith's body of work, but come on don't equate it to Loose Change. You think Kevin Smith makes bad films, some of us disagree. But the thing about Loose Change is that it's not just a bad film, it's a flat out wrong film.

I respect your opinion.

I think Kevin Smith is awful. Matt Damon is great when he's not acting in ****** movies.

I judge movies by their ability to affect me emotionally. That's how I judge all art, actually from films to wine.

brodski
8th June 2007, 06:05 AM
So, is there any update on when Dylan will be fulfilling his newfound potential to "die happy" or will this just be another in a long line of broken promises and missed deadlines?

Schmitt.
8th June 2007, 06:07 AM
Oh God no, not Kevin Smith

They've started infecting celebrities I actually like, what a bloody travesty

*edit* oh haha this is what I get for not reading a thread

How glorious

Scientologist
8th June 2007, 06:23 AM

Oh I forgot to say:

Salma Hayek is a good actress?

:jaw-dropp

uk_dave
8th June 2007, 06:27 AM
Oh I forgot to say:

Salma Hayek is a good actress?

:jaw-dropp

She has a couple of good... points.;)

Unsecured Coins
8th June 2007, 06:31 AM
Umm maybe if I was a steely eyed marine, but as I'm a bookworm 43 year old Aussie who hates sport, I think I might try a different approach.

I prefer the- "Didn't I meet you on the set of(insert TV soap of your choice here)..." type strategy.

Probably explains why I'm talking pick-up lines with Beelzebub.

Ask any lady on here. They love a guy with a big clock.

8den
8th June 2007, 06:34 AM
She has a couple of good... points.;)

What he said.

Unsecured Coins
8th June 2007, 06:42 AM
From Dusk Til Dawn still remains a cinematic masterpiece for this reason only
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/powers05/9O2lxWHdfnCbfpEWN3Xvo0.jpg

Salma Hayek. With a Snake.

God Bless America.

T.A.M.
8th June 2007, 06:47 AM
Actually I have to agree with those who are not big K. Smith Fans. Those films I have watched (Chasing Amy, Clerks, Dogma) I have not liked. I find them intellectual in their humor, but too much so alot of the time, and then other elements are just retarded. Dogma, in particular, drove me insane in a bad way.

Now in interviews, I have enjoyed listening to Smith, and feel he is a very intelligent, and likely to many, genius man.

Mobyseven
8th June 2007, 07:01 AM
I'd just like to say: People have different tastes, and I respect that.

But if anybody ever compares Kevin Smith to Dylan Avery again, I'll stinkpalm them.

:p

Regnad Kcin
8th June 2007, 07:39 AM
You don't call a movie you hate "fu[rule8] riveting"Quote mine much?

Critic: "Loose Change" is a no-good pile of yesterday's cat food, and a terrific demonstration of the failing of our educational system. Want to cry, knash your teeth, and rend your garments at the sight of willful stupidity on proud display? Watch this video.

Dylan: You don't call a movie you hate "good" and "terrific," not to mention urge others to see it!

gumboot
8th June 2007, 07:41 AM
Actually I have to agree with those who are not big K. Smith Fans. Those films I have watched (Chasing Amy, Clerks, Dogma) I have not liked. I find them intellectual in their humor, but too much so alot of the time, and then other elements are just retarded. Dogma, in particular, drove me insane in a bad way.

Now in interviews, I have enjoyed listening to Smith, and feel he is a very intelligent, and likely to many, genius man.

One thing that really bugged me about Dogma was having an Angel of Death called "Loki" and a demon called "Azrael". I mean, why swap names around and mess them up? The actual mythological names are perfectly adequate.

Stuff like that just says to me "We couldn't be bothered doing any research". It's lazy filmmaking. What makes it worse is I suspect Kevin Smith is the sort of guy who would sit around with his friends complaining about how the latest comic book adaptation into film changed x y and z.

-Gumboot

Mobyseven
8th June 2007, 07:55 AM
One thing that really bugged me about Dogma was having an Angel of Death called "Loki" and a demon called "Azrael". I mean, why swap names around and mess them up? The actual mythological names are perfectly adequate.

Stuff like that just says to me "We couldn't be bothered doing any research". It's lazy filmmaking. What makes it worse is I suspect Kevin Smith is the sort of guy who would sit around with his friends complaining about how the latest comic book adaptation into film changed x y and z.

-Gumboot

Actually, I think that was Smith's way of poking fun at the Catholic church...well one way, anyway.

I could be wrong, but I always interpreted that as just being another snipe at Catholicism.

Slayhamlet
8th June 2007, 10:54 AM
Actually, I think that was Smith's way of poking fun at the Catholic church...well one way, anyway.

I could be wrong, but I always interpreted that as just being another snipe at Catholicism.

Except Azrael is from Islamic mythology and Loki from Norse myth. Neither name is associated with Catholicism, as far as I know.

bje
8th June 2007, 01:15 PM
NWO rule #384:

When BJE makes a post to 911booger, someone must take it seriously. This serves to highlight the inanity of 9/11 conspiracy theories.

And so someone does (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=132915413&blogID=273348992):

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Climate warfare?

Okay now this might sound crazy, but since when has that stopped me? :-)

I have been thinking for some time about the possibility that Hurricane Katrina might have been deliberately engineered by some technology for manipulating the climate. I got the idea from an old Mel Gibson movie, Conspiracy Theory (only, in that movie it isn't a hurricane but an earthquake). The notion is a bit wacky, but I didn't really take the possibility seriously until now. Just now I read this article on 911Booger (not 911Blogger) that raises the possibility that Cyclone Gonu has been engineered deliberately to threaten Iran (possibly accomplished with the use of chemtrails).

Slayhamlet
8th June 2007, 01:35 PM
And so someone does (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=132915413&blogID=273348992):

I found the tessellated background picture of this guy's blog fairly amusing. Jesus rides into Jerusalem on a humble donkey velociraptor.

Darth Rotor
8th June 2007, 01:45 PM
"And now I can die happy"- Dylan Avery

Just so long as he dies soon, I'll be happy. Most likely, he'll live to be 80. Such is the irony of life.

DR

Hokulele
8th June 2007, 01:47 PM
Just so long as he dies soon, I'll be happy. Most likely, he'll live to be 80. Such is the irony of life.

DR

I'd rather he lives to 80 with people pointing and laughing at him. It looks very likely.

Foolmewunz
8th June 2007, 05:55 PM
Well, two of them over on LCF at least go it right. Maybe Dylan's bong emptied out long enough that he finally figured it out because the excitement and thrills have completely died out.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382&st=50

The voices in the wilderness:

PersonalRevolution:
A plug is usually a positive thing, though. It doesn't help having the movie mentioned if KS is taking the piss and being sarcastic.

Dylan, please DON'T play this on any radio show, it will damage the movement! KS is taking the piss and being sarcastic, and if you play it as though it supports us, it's just going to bite us in the arse!

Justicia:
He didn't come across as sympathetic to the cause, though. It sounded more like he was making fun of us truthers, and making fun of you. Espeically the part where the other guy goes on about your "whining" voice and stuff - that was just mean and uncalled for. I don't think he's at all on side, and I don't think we should be promoting him when it's obvious he is an anti-truther and when he's dissing loose change.

Both of them are avid truthers, but they could at least see past the celebrity goggles to what Kevin was saying about their precious Dyllie Wyllie! So we'll stop promoting him! That'll show him! Yeah all both of your members will boycott his next film! You guys don't buy films anyway, you rip them from friends.

Mobyseven
8th June 2007, 07:43 PM
Except Azrael is from Islamic mythology and Loki from Norse myth. Neither name is associated with Catholicism, as far as I know.

I know that. Hence, poking fun at the Catholic Church. Especially since Loki is a malevolent trickster god in Norse mythology.

Arus808
8th June 2007, 11:27 PM
You are a goddess.

haha. im just nuts. blame the parents; made me a star trek fan..i also blame my brother-in-law.. everytime he would come visit my sister (when they were dating) the first thing that would be put into the LaserDisc player is Wrath of khan

he bought the soundtrack to the movie. And with the background music running he could recited the script as it played; like how it happened in the movie.

oh, i forgot to add
I also can recite everything from Big Trouble In Little China, word for word

Unsecured Coins
8th June 2007, 11:34 PM
SHUT UP, MR BUR-TON.... you were not put upon this earth to "get it"

Travis
9th June 2007, 01:50 AM
oh, i forgot to add

To heck with Belz... you need to marry me.:D ;)

This reminds me that I need to get that particular DVD back from a certain friend.

DGM
9th June 2007, 07:13 AM
Keep reading Dylans response. The boy really has them blinders on.

I'll be playing it uncensored tonight on Revere Radio as well.

Look...if he hated the film, or was an anti-9/11 Truth, he would have stopped after saying, "I described it as the Loose Change of UFOs..." Instead, he goes off to describe the film and a claim it made in the first edition.

Just because he wasn't shouting "9/11 Was an Inside Job" doesn't mean he isn't sympathetic to the cause.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382&st=50

Belz...
9th June 2007, 02:48 PM
oh, i forgot to add

DAMMIT!

You wouldn't happen to be available, would you ?

Civilized Worm
9th June 2007, 03:10 PM
I am dreading the release of the new Transformers movie.

Redtail
9th June 2007, 03:28 PM

Fear the Bumblebee!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Bumblebee.png/445px-Bumblebee.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Bumblebee.png)

uk_dave
9th June 2007, 03:37 PM
Fear the Bumblebee!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Bumblebee.png/445px-Bumblebee.png

Not exactly 'form follows function'

Belz...
9th June 2007, 06:19 PM
Fear the Bumblebee!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Bumblebee.png/445px-Bumblebee.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Bumblebee.png)

Ugh. Was that necessary, Red ?

gumboot
9th June 2007, 06:29 PM

Why?

-Gumboot

Hourglassmemory
9th June 2007, 06:53 PM
Give him some credit. He set out to make a fictional film and succeeded completely.

At LEAST that, yes.

Hourglassmemory
9th June 2007, 06:58 PM
Fear the Bumblebee!

My God! The work put into something like this must be huge! Not like the NWO! why doesn't the NWO hire these guys?
Imagine the creativity and talent to reach this image.
I bow to these people.

Travis
9th June 2007, 10:16 PM
The NWO does things bad on purpose to cultivate the illusion of incompetency. It's all outlined in the training manual Appendix C: Why we leave so many clues.

AZCat
9th June 2007, 10:37 PM
Fear the Bumblebee!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Bumblebee.png/445px-Bumblebee.png

Dude, I still have Issue #16: Bumblebee's Last Stand! stashed somewhere.

Scientologist
9th June 2007, 11:58 PM
Why?

-Gumboot

Because its a MICHAEL BAY movie.

Michael Bay is incapable of making a good movie.

Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, The Hitcher, The Island - all absolute trash.

Dredred
10th June 2007, 12:54 AM

Uh-oh... The moviepolice returns

Belz...
10th June 2007, 03:34 AM

If you watch Armageddon like a brainless action flick, it's actually pretty nice.

Not all movies need to be oscar winners, ya know.

Travis
10th June 2007, 03:40 AM
Bad Boyz its sequel and The Rock were pretty good flicks. I'm not a fan of everything Bay has done but he does have some skills, its his films scripts that are usually trash.

8den
10th June 2007, 03:53 AM
If you watch Armageddon like a brainless action flick, it's actually pretty nice.

Not all movies need to be oscar winners, ya know.

I will confess Armageddon is a guilty pleasure of mine.

In Micheal Bay's world it is only ever magic hour, all scenes must be about 30 seconds long, otherwise they drag, and the only shots allowed are insanely complex tracking shots, or close ups of Bruce Willis, so tight you can count the hairs in his stuble.

Its bonkers and preposterous filmaking and it barely works, but it does work. And he's masterful and punching all your buttons with an excellent score. It's not so much cheesy as a deep and nasty Roquefort blue cheese film.

"Thats not a salesman, thats your Daddy"......:D

Arus808
10th June 2007, 10:05 AM

I'll give you the other movies, but I enjoyed Armageddon and The Rock

I agree that MB is a VERY bad movie director; even Bruce Willis has come out against him (stating that he would never work with Michael ever again)

but damn, I know that when I walk into a MB movie now, I just suspend any expectations, and just go to see things get blown the (*^*^ to hell and back.

I dont expect TF to be anything of oscar movie; Im just oing to see it because its Transformers; and because under MB, I'll get to see a lot of Y(*&(&9 get blown to hell and back.

uk_dave
10th June 2007, 10:15 AM
Wasn't 'Pearl Harbour' longer than the actual war? Or did it just seem that way.....

SpitfireIX
10th June 2007, 10:26 AM
Wasn't 'Pearl Harbour' longer than the actual war? Or did it just seem that way.....

No, but it was longer than the actual attack. And BTW, the fact that you're British doesn't magically change the name of the movie to reflect British/Commonwealth spellings. :p (I can get away with saying that because it should be obvious that I'm a tremendous Anglophile. :) ).

ETA: Ironically, the parts of the movie that probably should have been cut for time were the only parts I thought were any good: The part where Rafe goes to fight with the RAF, and the parts with FDR.

boloboffin
10th June 2007, 10:43 AM
Oh, not Armageddon.

Maybe it's a straight boy thing. No, I'm gay and I love to watch stuff blow up, and I love a good love story, and I love scifi and all of that. I tried, I really tried to like Armageddon, but every time I almost got into it, something would happen that would HACK ME OFF. Whether it was a bloody stupid jingoistic montage about how awful it would be if America got hit by a meteor or Ben Affleck raping an Aerosmith song or the required slamming of the Soviet Union or the cheesy awful meteor sets or the utter banal predictability of every plot point, GAD! It was a completely cynical molestation of the audience at every turn. I left the theater wondering if the Stockholm syndrome could be a way to understand an audience trapped in a summer blockbuster.

Ick.

Civilized Worm
10th June 2007, 10:53 AM
Why?

-Gumboot

Fear the Bumblebee!

That's why.

SpitfireIX
10th June 2007, 11:15 AM
Oh, not Armageddon.

Maybe it's a straight boy thing. No, I'm gay and I love to watch stuff blow up, and I love a good love story, and I love scifi and all of that. I tried, I really tried to like Armageddon, but every time I almost got into it, something would happen that would HACK ME OFF. Whether it was a bloody stupid jingoistic montage about how awful it would be if America got hit by a meteor or Ben Affleck raping an Aerosmith song or the required slamming of the Soviet Union or the cheesy awful meteor sets or the utter banal predictability of every plot point, GAD! It was a completely cynical molestation of the audience at every turn. I left the theater wondering if the Stockholm syndrome could be a way to understand an audience trapped in a summer blockbuster.

Ick.

This is slightly embarrassing, but I actually didn't think Armageddon was that bad while I was watching it. I filtered out most of the obvious silliness (such as spinning the space station) by telling myself, "It's just the usual Hollywood lack of science knowledge," and the action kept me engaged. It was only afterward, when I started thinking about it, that I realized, "Damn, that was really lame." :redface1

gumboot
10th June 2007, 11:47 AM
That's why.

Sorry but that doesn't explain it. Taking a stab in the dark... you don't like the design for this particular robot? Frankly I think it looks infinitely better than this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Bumblebee-boxart.jpg).

-Gumboot

Arus808
10th June 2007, 11:50 AM
Sorry but that doesn't explain it. Taking a stab in the dark... you don't like the design for this particular robot? Frankly I think it looks infinitely better than this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Bumblebee-boxart.jpg).

-Gumboot

haha agreed. unfortunately the "die hard" otaku, must-be-a-direct-copy-of-the-toy-or-cartoon design fans, find it "ugly".

I dont. Having done modeling and pattern work for some of the 3d animation I've done over the last 10 years (my god, it has been that long?), i can see why they designed the characters as they did; and know that the "orignal" designs would look like CRAP for a LIVE action movie. They did fin in the Cartoon because , it was a cartoon.

gumboot
10th June 2007, 11:51 AM
I didn't think much of Armageddon at all, although it does have a fantastic line from Peter Stormare:

Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!

-Gumboot

gumboot
10th June 2007, 11:53 AM
haha agreed. unfortunately the "die hard" otaku, must-be-a-direct-copy-of-the-toy-or-cartoon design fans, find it "ugly".

They should make this law that you cannot comment on films that are adaptations until you have either studied the process of adaptation, or have experience in producing original work in both mediums.

I swear the next person I come across who complains because a film wasn't the same as the book I'm going to scream...

-Gumboot

Civilized Worm
10th June 2007, 11:59 AM
I don't have a proplem with them making some changes, what I have a problem with are the new designs looking like a pile of ****. Oh and Michael Bay.

Arus808
10th June 2007, 12:00 PM
I swear the next person I come across who complains because a film wasn't the same as the book I'm going to scream...

-Gumboot

haha funny thing you say that. Battlefield Earth was a movie i saw without ever reading the book (im not a fan of L Ron Hubbard). thought it was a good movie. not great. I loved Forest Whitaker's character

Though I've heard people complain the book was tons better than the movie and till this day, I haven't read it, ^_^

You couldn't pay me to read any of Hubbard;s work.

Arus808
10th June 2007, 12:02 PM
I don't have a proplem with them making some changes, what I have a problem with are the new designs looking like a pile of ****. Oh and Michael Bay.

it wasn't him who decided it. You have to go with the producers. They are the ones who approved of the designs.

Again, i come from a CGI animation background; have been animating for the last decade. Trust me, those designs actually are GOOD for a live action movie

if they did the entire movie as a 2D animation project, yeah, I'd go for the original designs.. for a live action, they'd look like a crap.

gumboot
10th June 2007, 12:14 PM
it wasn't him who decided it. You have to go with the producers. They are the ones who approved of the designs.

The Director generally approves all creative decisions. The Producer can override them if they feel they must, but this is highly unlikely in any situation, let alone with a director of Michael Bay's status (not to mention he's also an exec).

If you look at the Lord of the Rings films, every single design had to be approved by Peter Jackson personally before it was allowed to be used.

Personally I would have liked a design that reflected the robot's corresponding vehicle a little more, but the design isn't too bad. It also might not be the actual final design. You never know with these things.

-Gumboot

Mince
10th June 2007, 12:26 PM
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10678&st=0&#last

Of course, they're planning on soiling Ground Zero again. However, someone on the Loose Change forum seems to think that protesters will be barred from Ground Zero:

Because I heard rumors that they made it so that ground zero is off limits for protesters this year in 2007. no 911 truthers allowed,

Is this true? Please tell me it is.

Arus808
10th June 2007, 12:46 PM
I hope so too. Ground Zero should be a place of remembrance, not a place for political zealousness and outright bigotry. I think a lot of people who were there were disheartened by the display shown by the likes of Alex Jones and seeing people wearing the "same shirts' proclaiming 911 was an inside job. It does soil the memories

its like those Westboro Baptist Church idiots showing up at the funerals of fallen soldiers with signs stating that Gods hate Fags and that God killed those soldiers because of their pro-gay agendas

Gravy
10th June 2007, 01:03 PM
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10678&st=0&#last

Of course, they're planning on soiling Ground Zero again. However, someone on the Loose Change forum seems to think that protesters will be barred from Ground Zero:

Is this true? Please tell me it is.It was off limits to organized protest/marching last year also. The organized protest was across the street, which is why they used a bullhorn and shouted at Ground Zero, not from it.

Civilized Worm
10th June 2007, 01:08 PM
You couldn't pay me to read any of Hubbard;s work.

My brother bought me Dianetics for Christmas (as a joke) and it' virtually unreadable, I don't know how they've managed to sucker so many people.

Personally I would have liked a design that reflected the robot's corresponding vehicle a little more, but the design isn't too bad. It also might not be the actual final design. You never know with these things.

Thanks to some car companies declining involvement in the film (I can't really blame them) they've changed what some of the corresponding vehicles are! Bumblebees character just isn't Bumblebee as a Camaro instead of a VW bug.

I'm pretty sure that is the final design though, the movie's due out soon.

Arus808
10th June 2007, 01:12 PM
They just submitted the film last weekend (complete edits). That's how close these productions can get.

gumboot
10th June 2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks to some car companies declining involvement in the film (I can't really blame them) they've changed what some of the corresponding vehicles are! Bumblebees character just isn't Bumblebee as a Camaro instead of a VW bug.

I agree, but it's not the first time VW as refused to grant the franchise a license. Bumblebee has been another car before.

I'm pretty sure that is the final design though, the movie's due out soon.

You're probably right, but it could be an early design. I very much doubt that image was officially released.

-Gumboot

Unsecured Coins
10th June 2007, 01:30 PM
who cares? I'll still slit throats by the roomfull to ensure I am THE first person in line for tickets.

negativ
10th June 2007, 01:33 PM

I thought the film adaptation of "A Clockwork Orange" was far and away better than the book. That may be because I felt like Burgess was absolutely in love with the incomprehensible slang language he'd invented, and couldn't write three contiguous sentences without using it.

gumboot
10th June 2007, 01:39 PM
who cares? I'll still slit throats by the roomfull to ensure I am THE first person in line for tickets.

My friend is going to the world premier. Grrr.

-Gumboot

jhunter1163
10th June 2007, 01:43 PM
I hope so too. Ground Zero should be a place of remembrance, not a place for political zealousness and outright bigotry. I think a lot of people who were there were disheartened by the display shown by the likes of Alex Jones and seeing people wearing the "same shirts' proclaiming 911 was an inside job. It does soil the memories

its like those Westboro Baptist Church idiots showing up at the funerals of fallen soldiers with signs stating that Gods hate Fags and that God killed those soldiers because of their pro-gay agendas

We had them show up here in Connecticut a few days ago. They were met by a group of bikers (don't recall the name of the group) who had appointed themselves as security for the funeral. Unsurprisingly, there was no protest.

Unsecured Coins
10th June 2007, 01:46 PM
My friend is going to the world premier. Grrr.

-Gumboot

I'll hold him, you beat him

Belz...
10th June 2007, 01:46 PM
I'll give you the other movies, but I enjoyed Armageddon and The Rock

Dammit, Arus, stop agreeing with me.

haha funny thing you say that. Battlefield Earth was a movie i saw without ever reading the book (im not a fan of L Ron Hubbard). thought it was a good movie. not great. I loved Forest Whitaker's character

Thank you, that's better. Feelings subsiding.

Belz...

Unsecured Coins
10th June 2007, 01:51 PM
We had them show up here in Connecticut a few days ago. They were met by a group of bikers (don't recall the name of the group) who had appointed themselves as security for the funeral. Unsurprisingly, there was no protest.

That would be the Patriot Guard. They are the reason fur is more actively protested than leather because its easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs.

gumboot
10th June 2007, 06:47 PM
I'll hold him, you beat him

Hah hah he just got me a ticket. :D

-Gumboot

Unsecured Coins
10th June 2007, 07:00 PM
Hah hah he just got me a ticket. :D

-Gumboot

Damn you!!

*adds you to the must kill list*

Arus808
10th June 2007, 08:06 PM
I hate my friends in "down under" they get to see the movie on June 29th. I have to wait till july 2nd

Cl1mh4224rd
10th June 2007, 09:49 PM
You're probably right, but it could be an early design. I very much doubt that image was officially released.

They may have made some tweaks since that image was created, but it seems pretty close to what's seen in the final trailer: http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/vid_1998439.html

Edit: Oh, and I liked Dogma. One of the neater scenes, I thought, was when Bartleby and Loki crashed the board meeting. In the middle of his rant, Loki fakes a sneeze and pauses to look around the room. :) There's also the overall commentary on Catholicism and Christianity in general...

Oh, oh... And there's that deleted scene where Azrael goes off about evil and what it's like in Hell. I can't believe that was cut. :( It was an amazing scene (http://www.viewaskew.com/tv/lee/index.html).

Redtail
10th June 2007, 11:28 PM
That would be the Patriot Guard. They are the reason fur is more actively protested than leather because its easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs.

Yep! That was us PGR. Albeit I wasn't on that mission but I know a few who were.

Redtail
10th June 2007, 11:35 PM
Oh, oh... And there's that deleted scene where Azrael goes off about evil and what it's like in Hell. I can't believe that was cut. :( It was an amazing scene (http://www.viewaskew.com/tv/lee/index.html).

18 years of acting (including school) has taught me that time can destroy a movie, TV show or Play.

Belz...
11th June 2007, 04:25 AM
I hate my friends in "down under" they get to see the movie on June 29th. I have to wait till july 2nd

They do ?

gumboot
11th June 2007, 04:27 AM
They do ?

I promise not to spoil the ending... :p

-Gumboot

Belz...
11th June 2007, 04:49 AM
Damn you, Kiwi !!

Arus808
11th June 2007, 10:38 AM
haha..^_^ .. yeah them aussies and kiwi's..lucky bastards.

maccy
11th June 2007, 11:18 AM
A distraction from the Transformer-envy:

I think it's gripping and a riveting watch, but I also think it's largely fictional.

Still - whether you agree with the "facts" they present, you've gotta admit it's put together in such a way that it keeps you watching.

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=53930&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1232

Arus808
11th June 2007, 11:43 AM
haha...someone, please post that to the LC forums...

maccy
11th June 2007, 11:48 AM
haha...someone, please post that to the LC forums...

And in the time it took me to create a hotmail account, and register once more for the LCF:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10382&view=findpost&p=13809345

chipmunk stew
11th June 2007, 11:57 AM
A distraction from the Transformer-envy:

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=53930&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1232
It bothers me that he doesn't come right out and say the content is crap. He sounds agnostic about it.
It also bothers me that he uses admiring language about the way it was put together. I found the technique almost as distasteful as the content.

Maybe he has a soft spot for Dylan because he was also a film school dropout who scored a low-budget hit right out of the gate through word-of-mouth buzz.

Belz...
11th June 2007, 12:08 PM
haha..^_^ .. yeah them aussies and kiwi's..lucky bastards.

Didn't I tell you to stop agreeing with me ? ;)

Alareth
11th June 2007, 12:41 PM

I'm tired of people acting like "Michael Bay has vowed to destroy all we love!"

Forget Michael Bay, forget the producers and designers.

Not a single design or change was done without the approval of Hasbro. Remember them? The owners of the franchise that can, and have, make any design or continuity change they damn well feel like. Michael Bay is playing in their sandbox, they set the rules.

Alt+F4
11th June 2007, 01:26 PM
I asked him in a PM what he thought of Loose Change, here is his reply to me.

I think it's a well-made piece of fiction: gripping, engrossing, but far from the "truth".

Kevin

Arus808
11th June 2007, 02:16 PM
I asked him in a PM what he thought of Loose Change, here is his reply to me.

My respects to Kevin Smith ^_^ Thank Alt+F4 for pursuing the matter.

chipmunk stew
11th June 2007, 02:20 PM
I guess so. It still bothers me that he called it "well-made". :(

Alt+F4
11th June 2007, 02:56 PM

You're very welcome. Lately I've found it useful to just "go to the horses's mouth" and ask folks what they actually think or said rather than relying on someone else's interpretation.

Most folks I've emailed have been very nice and forthcoming.

Unsecured Coins
11th June 2007, 02:57 PM
You're very welcome. Lately I've found it useful to just "go to the horses's mouth" and ask folks what they actually think or said rather than relying on someone else's interpretation.

Most folks I've emailed have been very nice and forthcoming.

except me. I was rude and wirey.

Civilized Worm
11th June 2007, 03:05 PM
I'm tired of people acting like "Michael Bay has vowed to destroy all we love!"

Forget Michael Bay, forget the producers and designers.

Not a single design or change was done without the approval of Hasbro. Remember them? The owners of the franchise that can, and have, make any design or continuity change they damn well feel like. Michael Bay is playing in their sandbox, they set the rules.

Oh yeah, I've hated Hasbro for years. But I've got plenty to go around.

Mobyseven
11th June 2007, 06:39 PM
It bothers me that he doesn't come right out and say the content is crap. He sounds agnostic about it.
It also bothers me that he uses admiring language about the way it was put together. I found the technique almost as distasteful as the content.

Maybe he has a soft spot for Dylan because he was also a film school dropout who scored a low-budget hit right out of the gate through word-of-mouth buzz.

Kevin Smith = Film school dropout
Dylan Avery = Film school reject

Kevin was at least able to get in!

It doesn't greatly bother me that Kevin has said he thought the film was well made...while from where I'm standing it didn't seem to be particularly well made, one has to remember that it has managed to sucker in quite a number of follower-fans who fall for the lies in every damn edition!

As a film, I give it a zero, but as a piece of propaganda, I think one has to admit it has its merit.

Alt+F4
11th June 2007, 06:46 PM
except me. I was rude and wirey.

Hehehe...just noticed your sig!:D

Orphia Nay
11th June 2007, 08:43 PM
Good work, Alt+F4.

Morrigan
12th June 2007, 07:14 AM

:newlol

Loose Change DVD: $18
Production cost for Clerks: $26,800
Worldwide gross for Clerks II: $25,000,000
Star-struck Dylan Avery getting pwned on a Kevin Smith forum: priceless!