View Full Version : More on the David Shayler meltdown

Par
10th August 2007, 06:34 AM
IXQikj-C1tk

Here he is on More4 news.

beachnut
10th August 2007, 09:20 AM
Here he is on More4 news.
He is just making sure he is covering every base to be on all the nut case conventions. It is a living, you know.

Horace Wheeljack
10th August 2007, 09:26 AM
If he's having a mental breakdown you have to admit he looks well for it.

Brainster
10th August 2007, 11:02 AM
Shame he couldn't help Middlesbrough in the final. :)

T.A.M.
10th August 2007, 11:05 AM
I think he is simply a liar, a charlatan, and a snakeoil salesman.

I don't think he believes for a second, the crap he is spewing, but he knows contraversy sells and brings fame...

TAM:)

Brainster
10th August 2007, 11:29 AM
By most accounts, Shayler has gotten into this "son of God" business through excessive consumption of "skunk" and "magic mushrooms". While I agree that he's always been a charlatan and a snake-oil salesman, it certainly seems possible that this is simply drug-induced madness.

The Pig
10th August 2007, 11:40 AM
If Shayler got on to Coventry City's books, that would really rub David Icke's nose in it.

strathmeyer
10th August 2007, 12:57 PM
The description on the YouTube video is the first "these conspiracy theorists are working for the gubment and just trying to discredit the real conspiracy theorists" conspiracy theory I've seen.

Par
10th August 2007, 01:03 PM
The description on the YouTube video is the first "these conspiracy theorists are working for the gubment and just trying to discredit the real conspiracy theorists" conspiracy theory I've seen.

Evidence of the insanity of a conspiracy theorist can only ever server a further evidence for the existence of the conspiracy, after all.

Big Les
10th August 2007, 02:33 PM
Really, who knows. He could have truly gone one lizard short of a shadow government, or he could be taking a calculated risk for prolonged fame and a new line of books. And a smaller, but more fanatical, set of followers (a la Icke with a dash of Popoff and a twist of Geller). If he's just playing a role, he might actually be in a better position than Icke (who is genuinely off the reservation IMO) to manipulate said followers.

I had no idea he'd gone this weird. I'm not surprised the CTists are leaving him in droves - their fantasies are at least based in the real world to an extent and LIHOP a fairly infectious (if entirely erroneous) idea in the current political climate.