PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Frenzy

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 07:24 AM
Editor's note: This week there was a flurry of new stories in the state of Colorado about an alleged plot, headed by "conservative hell-raiser" David Horowitz, to impose political quotas on the state's universities and force them to hire conservatives. The plot, which was reported in the Rocky Mountain News, involved meetings Horowitz had last summer with legislators in the state and with its governor about an Academic Bill of Rights. Evidently the reporter who actually hatched this plot did not read carefully or take seriously the aforesaid Academic Bill of Rights, which specifically forbids the hiring of professors on the basis of their politics and hence explicitly bans such quotas. There have now appeared almost a dozen stories on this non-story (some of which we have linked to our lead feature today).

The article that follows is David Horowitz's reply to the disinformation spread through the media campaign. It is scheduled to appear as an op-ed piece in today's Rocky Mountain News. The Denver Post has also covered the story in an article by David Curtain, and covered it correctly, and that article is also included in the links below. Following this story, we link the local media coverage of this case. We then reproduce in full yesterday's Associated Press story correctly covering David Horowitz's position on quotas (against) and a letter-to-the-editor of the Rocky Mountain News from Ryan Call, the Colorado Coordinator for Students for Academic Freedom.

The really interesting dimension of this affair, however, has so far not been covered by the general media (hopefully it will be shortly). Although the school term is hardly a week old, Students for Academic Freedom clubs have sprung up on 70 campuses across the country. Their agenda is to restore the values of academic freedom and disinterested inquiry to our institutions of higher learning, and to do so by promoting the Academic Bill of Rights. Readers can find out more about the mission and activities of these clubs by visiting the website www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org. The text of the Academic Bill of Rights is also available on the site.

http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=9807

shemp
12th September 2003, 07:48 AM
Oh, when I saw the title "Colorado Frenzy," I thought maybe this was a new team in the WNBA. Never mind.

Mr Manifesto
12th September 2003, 07:54 AM
Snore.... Uh, what? Uh... ZzzzzZZZZzzz...

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Mr Manifesto
Snore.... Uh, what? Uh... ZzzzzZZZZzzz...

Im sure if the title was "America secretly planned 911 to bolster support for a war against Iraq" you'd juice your pants.

Crossbow
12th September 2003, 07:59 AM
Well at least he stopped cutting-and-pasting from the Coulter web site.

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Crossbow

I understand now that it's not news unless it fits your political diaper rash support group's agenda, Crossdress.

now...could you please type a paragraph or so that contains ideas and twists that really werent worth reading in the first place in order to derail my thread, again ?

Mr Manifesto
12th September 2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Nie Trink Wasser

I understand now that it's not news unless it fits your political diaper rash support group's agenda, Crossdress.

now...could you please type a paragraph or so that contains ideas and twists that really werent worth reading in the first place in order to derail my thread, again ?

Why? You do such a fine job yourself.

Edit to add: except for the bit about containing ideas. Unless by 'ideas' you mean cutting-and-pasting from someone else's site.

Upchurch
12th September 2003, 08:09 AM

...political diaper rash... Perhaps, Crossbow, but now he's taking material from Michael Savage. *yawn*

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Upchurch
...political diaper rash...Perhaps, Crossbow, but now he's taking material from Michael Savage. *yawn* [/B]

you guys are so predictable, pretentious and boring. ;)

thanks again for ruining my thread and not discussing it.

Mr Manifesto
12th September 2003, 08:21 AM
You never say anything, Nie. You paste other peoples' ideas and want us to discuss that. Don't you have a mind of your own? Why not tell us what you think for a change?

Well, no-one says you have to. But no-one says anyone has to take you seriously, either.

Upchurch
12th September 2003, 08:23 AM

you guys are so predictable, pretentious and boring. You should feel honored, NTW. Imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery.

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 08:30 AM
You never say anything, Nie. You paste other peoples' ideas and want us to discuss that. Don't you have a mind of your own? Why not tell us what you think for a change?

Well, no-one says you have to. But no-one says anyone has to take you seriously, either.

you goons do this EVERY time.

you say the same thing EVERY time and you know its complete horesh**.

I say what I have to say very often and post news from time to time as I have here.

this thread is now dead, thanks to you losers.

Crossbow
12th September 2003, 08:33 AM

I say what I have to say very often and post news from time to time as I have here.

Oh that poor horse!

The little guy only lived for one hour and six minutes.

:p

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 08:42 AM

Oh that poor horse!

The little guy only lived for one hour and six minutes.

:p

:rolleyes: loser.

http://aaronn.monoperative.net/crossdress.gif

Upchurch
12th September 2003, 09:18 AM
loser. huh. So, if Crossbow is a loser, what do you call a poster who is so obnoxious that no one takes that poster seriously anymore?

Crossbow
12th September 2003, 09:32 AM

More brave words from yet another e-warrior who says them from the safety of his computer.

Suddenly
12th September 2003, 09:46 AM

WTF!?

Did I miss something? When did NTW become obsessed with Crossbow to the point he started feminizing him (or at least a representation of him)?

Is this a 3rd grade crush type thing?

wollery
12th September 2003, 09:53 AM

Okay NTW I'm game, point me to a thread where you actually say something, and that doesn't include a cut & paste from someone else with no comment other than "Read this I think it's interesting", or "you guys are morons", or "I hate you all", or variations on that theme. Point me to something you've said that's your own original thought and doesn't involve insulting someone else on the forum.

Please.

I'll be waiting.

Patiently.

hgc
12th September 2003, 10:03 AM

this thread is now dead, thanks to you losers. Jeez! You guys killed it before I even had a chance to play.

Crossbow
12th September 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Suddenly

WTF!?

Did I miss something? When did NTW become obsessed with Crossbow to the point he started feminizing him (or at least a representation of him)?

Is this a 3rd grade crush type thing?

I am beginning to wonder that myself because so far I have seen him post that same picture and use that same pun ("Crossdress") about a dozen times.

A few days ago I suggested that he see a therapist since so many of his postings revolved around sexuality issues and I have noticed that has been decidedly more quiet on this topic. However, judging by this current display, it may be time to get his prescription renewed.

Upchurch
12th September 2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Suddenly

Is this a 3rd grade crush type thing? It's better/worse than you think. NTW went so far as to create a sockpuppet of "Crossdress".

It's less a crush and more a creepy "Single White Female" thing.

jj
12th September 2003, 10:33 AM

That's probably because you're a one-trick pony.

Sheesh!

NightG1
12th September 2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Upchurch
huh. So, if Crossbow is a loser, what do you call a poster who is so obnoxious that no one takes that poster seriously anymore?
Jedi Knight ;)

Crossbow
12th September 2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by NightG1

Jedi Knight ;)

Amen NightG1!

:)

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 11:35 AM
Q : So, if Crossbow is a loser, what do you call a poster who is so obnoxious that no one takes that poster seriously anymore?

A : Booger.

DrChinese
12th September 2003, 12:38 PM
NTW:

"please offer your opinion instead of just copying and pasting others words. You must not have a mind of your own."

This quote is from none other than...NTW!

Crossbow
12th September 2003, 12:42 PM
If NTW is a winner, then what was the contest?

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 12:46 PM
If NTW is a winner, then what was the contest?

the most wanted man at the JREF contest.

Nie Trink Wasser
12th September 2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DrChinese
NTW:

"please offer your opinion instead of just copying and pasting others words. You must not have a mind of your own."

This quote is from none other than...NTW!

no sh** you moron. you're a real bright one arent you ?

any clue as to why I would make such a statement ? Could it be sarcasm or irony ?

hgc
12th September 2003, 12:51 PM

no sh** you moron. you're a real bright one arent you ?

any clue as to why I would make such a statement ? Could it be sarcasm or irony ? Nie professes joking
could it be not so funny
as he likes to think

DrChinese
12th September 2003, 01:22 PM

any clue as to why I would make such a statement ? Could it be sarcasm or irony ?

No clue at all. I missed the irony. Dare I say - please explain yourself. (Oh, wait, we settled that you have no original ideas already.)

Ed
12th September 2003, 01:28 PM
Electrons formed and flowing
The ether supple and accepting
The impermanence of thought
Electrons despondent

jj
12th September 2003, 02:18 PM
Colorado State
Contradictions framed by land
Politics divided

Politics therein