PDA

View Full Version : "United We値l Stand When Together We Kneel"

Beelzebubba
20th November 2007, 01:16 PM
I don't know how it goes or what the words are but "United We値l Stand When Together We Kneel" is now my new favorite song!! Apparently just more fundamentalist Christian claptrap making inroads into our "free" country any way it can.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/update/2007/11/eric-horner-american-soldiers.html

(not that I'm a huge fan of Mother Jones' but...)

There have been many reports of the military lately becoming more and more evangelical, especially in light of our War on Islam... err.. I meant Terror. This is just another example. Since I'm in Columbia, SC, home of Ft. Jackson, I guess I'll make sure and catch his next "secular" show!

Darth Rotor
20th November 2007, 03:51 PM
I don't know how it goes or what the words are but "United We’ll Stand When Together We Kneel" is now my new favorite song!! Apparently just more fundamentalist Christian claptrap making inroads into our "free" country any way it can.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/update/2007/11/eric-horner-american-soldiers.html

(not that I'm a huge fan of Mother Jones' but...)

There have been many reports of the military lately becoming more and more evangelical, especially in light of our War on Islam... err.. I meant Terror. This is just another example. Since I'm in Columbia, SC, home of Ft. Jackson, I guess I'll make sure and catch his next "secular" show!

Short answer: your usage is a little careless. A larger proportion of persons in the military seem to be of the evangelical christian strain, even though the largest single Christian sect represented in the military is, as of three years ago, Roman Catholic.

That said, this trend significantly predated the war on terror. I watched it happen around me in the military in the 80's and 90's. I was actively recruited/pursued by an Evangelical Protestant group called the Navigators, in the 1970's, while I was attending the Naval Academy. (In another thread, I related how that went, with me eventually showing them the door.)

This is not news.

DR