View Single Post
Old 6th September 2005, 04:18 AM   #33
Interesting Ian
Banned

Re: Re: Is there ANY point arguing with believers?

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke T.

I changed my wife's mind on psychics. Took right here to this site, years before the forum was created, and showed her a sample psychic reading Randi has on here. She had just been to a psychic that day and when she read Randi's reading, she was immediately converted to skepticism. She is now rabidly anti-psychics. Hates them.
Well done. So, should genuine psychics exist (and they almost certainly do), she now has an irrational hatred of them.

The general stupidity of human beings never ceases to amaze me. Can she not understand (and indeed can you not understand) that simply because there are fraudulent psychics does not prove there are no genuine psychics? Indeed it is clear to me that the existence of fraudulent psychics makes the existence of genuine psychics more likely.

But I don't expect the mind numbing stupidy of skeptics to understand something like that.

And in my experience there doesn't appear to be anyone more stupid than a believer who has been converted into skepticism in their adult life.
Interesting Ian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top