View Single Post
Old 20th March 2007, 10:23 AM   #118
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by pagan View Post
Tapdancing? You only have to pick n' choose from the excellent journal.
What do you say about this one? IMO the piece de resistance.

Why Indeed the WTC Buildings Completly Collaps?
http://www.journalof911studies.com/v...ade_Center.pdf

Written by Professor Steven Jones. According to Professor Griffin peer reviewed by 4 people with a Phd.
Speaking as a person with a PhD in Physics who has peer reviewed papers, I would have advised rejection of this paper for publication in any serious scientific journal, quite possibly without the option of a re-write. I started writing down my reasons, but quite frankly I don't have time. Suffice it to say, this is not a scientific paper, follows nothing remotely similar to scientific methodology, contains numerous obvious errors, unsupported assertions and misceptions about many subjects including the nature of controlled demolitions, contradicts its own findings in places, and appears at times to be deliberately attempting to mislead the reader. It has been extensively criticised elsewhere, and I have little to add except one point I haven't seen emphasised:

Jones claims that the liquid running from one of the corners of one of the WTC towers cannot be aluminium and must therefore be molten steel. From the emission colour he estimates its temperature at 1000 C. Elsewhere in the paper he quotes the melting point of structural steel as 1510 C. His own analysis therefore contradicts his own conclusions. For him to have published such a thing suggests a serious loss of ability for self-criticism that is unacceptable in a serious scientist.

Overall this paper is an appallingly bad piece of scientific analysis.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top