View Single Post
Old 16th February 2008, 12:28 AM   #1
ref
Master Poster

Arrow [Moderated]Did Chief Nigro call Silverstein? The answer is finally available

The answer is: No.

I asked Chief Nigro about this, and he was kind to respond very quickly. What he said was basically this:

Originally Posted by Chief Nigro
I am well aware of Mr. Silverstein's statement, but to the best of my recollection, I did not speak to him on that day and I do not recall anyone telling me that they did either. That doesn't mean he could not have spoken to someone from FDNY, it just means that I am not aware of it.

He also once reminded again, that as we all know, he would not have needed the approval of Silverstein to make the evacuation order. So, whoever Silverstein is talking about getting the call from, it is NOT Chief Nigro.

An interesting twist to the story. Wonder what the truthers are going to make of this

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top