View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2012, 07:25 PM   #162
mhaze
Banned

Originally Posted by Soapy Sam View Post

My sole contribution - and it's a biggie- is not to have kids, which one or two others have also mentioned. I honestly believe it's the only thing mentioned in this thread that has an effect of any significance.
I'm 57 this year; by now I could have several kids and grandkids adding to the problem.
I don't. I don't claim this was a decision influenced by global warming, but it was strongly influenced by global overpopulation, which is, like it or not, the cause of all our climate and resource related problems.
Of course, if the world has limited resources, such as is claimed by some here, then your not having kids opened the door for some illegal immigrant or third world citizen to have kids, and to have a much larger family than you would have had, or your kids would have had, thus making the situation worse, not better, and accelerating the problems of the world in a bad direction.
mhaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top