View Single Post
Old 8th February 2007, 08:21 PM   #35
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DontAskMe View Post
I have been advised that these absolutely do exist, I have never heard of them, google isnt any help...

Can someone explain what this is, or more accurately, do they exist and if not how do I explain that with credible links, etc. ??
maccy beat me to my "WTC Killing Beam Weapon of Doom" post. (Thanks for being on top of things!) What that derivation shows is that no matter what technology goes into the beam itself -- lasers, masers, neutral particle, Wave Motion Gun, whatever -- it is simply impossible to destroy the WTC Towers from orbit. Using the most generous estimates I could imagine, you need two satellites of minimum mass 40 tons each, assuming the beam weapon itself doesn't add any weight at all. This would require four Space Shuttle flights, and even then the satellites would be seen firing in broad daylight... and every major government in the world would be instantly alerted to high altitude explosives.

In other words, the Beam Weapon Hypothesis is absolutely impossible. I don't care what technology you think we're hiding, it simpy can't be done.

There are real "directed energy weapons" being researched, but they are not designed to destroy buildings. Instead, they go after much softer targets, like rockets. The two most "real" energy weapons are the Boeing ABL, and its follow-on, the HELLADS.

Obviously, neither of these can be scaled to Sept. 11th proportions. The ABL is roughly one one-thousandth the power used in my conservative Beam Weapon of Doom, and it won't fit in anything smaller than a 747 Cargo. The HELLADS performance goal of 1 kW per 5 kg of laser means that, if scaled up to the size we need, the laser itself would weigh almost 4,000 tons, or eight times the size of the International Space Station.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top