View Single Post
Old 20th April 2005, 09:07 AM   #19
Seren
New Blood

The Nazca lines are patterns in the dessert.

I have a celestial globe in front of me. I would like to refer to it to explain why there are arrows pointing from the centre to the serpent moving around the outside of the calendar.

Refering to the diagram I posted a link to :

G11 = Dog
G10 = Monkey

The red arrow pointing downwards passes between the heads of the 2 serpents, the arrow is leading from the Dog and the Monkey.

I believe this is the Winter Solstice. I think the monkey represents the constellation of Aquarius and Capricorn (Will explain in the next section on the Nazca Lines) and the Dog represents Canis Major.
On the celestial globe, at the winter solstice sunrise, the sun rises in the constelation Aquarius/Capricorn (Ancient times) and touches the milky way. At the same time on the opposite horizon the constellation of Canis Major is setting next to the Milky Way, also touching it.
The 2 serpents which meet at the bottom have fluid coming from their mouths. This is the waters or rain being deposited over the Andes beginning in December/January ?? (Needs verfying).
These 2 serpents are being held at the top of the Aztec Calendar by the "Serpent Holder". Again, refer to your celestial globe, here you will see the Milky Way appears to Spilt into 2, held together by the Ophiuchus the Serpent Holder.

Note : the red arrows lead from 2 inner picture glyphs.
also note : the blue arrows only lead from one picture glyph.

The Red arrow facing West is a representation of a Gateway. Where the sun passes through the Milky Way in between to ecliptic constellations.

G16 : Scorpio
G15 : Sagitarius

Quote:
the constellation which we know as scorpious was considered by the incas to represent a great serpent (the tail of scorpious) which was changing into a condor (the head of scorpius)
Quote:
Across five continents, from all around the world we have myths mentioning an underworld or land of the dead, with an entrace along the annual path of the Sun where it crosses one branch of the Milkly Way. This entrance or gate (Helgrind in Norse mythlogy) lies between the constellations of Scopius and Sagittarius, and marks the centre of our galaxy. The Roman writer Virgil said that this land was guarded by scorpion men (scorpius=, and the medieval Italian poet Dante said that this land was gaurded by horse men, called Centaurs (Sagittarius)
The inner circle shows the sun being swallowed by the serpent, the sun represented by the yellow circle above and below.

On the opposite side, facing east we have another gateway between :

G6 : Vulture
G5 : Eagle

I think the Eagle represents Cancer and the vulture Orion or Taurus. Again if you look at the celestial globe you will notice that it is here that the sun passes through the Milky Way on it's yearly path.