View Single Post
Old 17th November 2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Jodie
Philosopher

You have to look at occult practices and wonder about the origin of those too since they also involve sacrifice of one type or another, usually involving blood. Vampire legends may also be related to the history of sacrifice. The Maasai still drink the blood of cattle to survive although that tradition is decreasing as they gravitate away from the nomadic lifestyle.

If any of this is true, I lean more towards some ancient civilization being here prior to some catastrophic event like the onset of the ice age. If most of civilization was located on the shores as it is today then the subsequent drop and rise in sea level would have obliterated any evidence of a high tech society,even one that was only as advanced as the iron age.

So what do I think of sacrifice? Maybe it's based on some previous racial memory of medical practices or dietary practices that got lost in translation somewhere in the proceeding thousands of years after the theoretical collapse of a society. All just speculation on my part, but it makes better sense than some prehistoric alien invasion to me.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top