View Single Post
Old 17th November 2012, 08:31 PM   #33
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Considering that all I was saying is really your last sentence there, I'm kinda scratching my head about the stuff starting with "Actually".
I re-read your post, and I was wrong. I thought you'd said that swords were first made of iron, and I was pointing out that they were first made out of bronze. You didn't say that, however, so my statement is irrelevant.

Originally Posted by Jodie
Without rain, how would the soil move at a rapid rate to cover some of the stones up to a 6 foot depth?
Any number of ways. Wind blows things pretty far, and can blow rocks of remarkable size. Debris flows can travel much, much further than people think. Flash floods can as well (believe it or not, most arid-environment sedimentation is driven by water). Without knowing some more details about the environment I can't say, but I CAN say with certainty that arid environments can have extremely rapid transport of extremely large amounts of sediment. There are a number of formations in the Antelope Valley where this is precisely how they were formed.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top