View Single Post
Old 10th December 2012, 03:17 AM   #117
richardm
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Sadly I think the well has been truly poisoned and many folk will make their minds up without ever using it.
I think that's probably right; I was talking to some people on Friday who've never used it but who are already convinced that it needed a touch screen to work, and if you didn't have one you'd have to click on things with your mouse. I didn't really want to get into an argument with them so I didn't ask them how they usually started things on their PC, I kind of wish I had.

Edit: I tried the RC version when it was launched, and I actually quite liked the new start menu tiles thing; what I didn't like was that once you clicked through to the desktop there seemed to be no way to get back. I was also quite disappointed to see that the desktop itself looked entirely familiar. I wanted new and exciting, dammit! So it does make me laugh when I see people complaining about how it's so completely different and unusual that nobody would ever want to use it.
Rimmer: Look at her! Magnificent woman! Very prim, very proper, almost austere. Some people took her for cold, thought she was aloof. Not a bit of it. She just despised fools. Quite tragic, really, because otherwise I think we'd have got on famously.

Last edited by richardm; 10th December 2012 at 03:21 AM.
richardm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top