View Single Post
Old 8th January 2013, 02:20 PM   #65
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by AvalonXQ View Post
Verse 5 says there were not yet any "shrubs" or "herbs of the field" -- that is to say, cultivated plants -- because man was not yet there to cultivate them.

Note that the words used here to refer to cultivated plants (siah hassadeh and eseb hassadeh) are different than the words used in Genesis 1 to refer to trees and fruit-bearing plants (eseb mazria zera and es peri oseh peri).

My Hebrew is pretty rudimentary so Hebrew scholars should feel free to correct me.
Mine too, but Genesis 2:5 in any case says that some plants were not there, while Genesis 1:11 says that God created all plants. So there is a contradiction, methinks.

Originally Posted by AvalonXQ View Post
In the sense of limiting worship to one Diety (in multiple aspects), yes.
A supernatural being who is only concerned with what I may and may not eat?
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top