View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:47 AM   #12
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I realize that...I designed them to intentionally be stringent. Remember, I based this off of the NY law for a handgun permit that is already in place, with a few added requirements (doctor note, renewals, secure area).

I put in each requirement for a reason.

The doctors note does not have to be specific at all. Let's say an applicant does have a mental condition, the doctor simply states that he feels the applicant cannot safely handle a firearm. Period.
If he can safely handle a firearm, then let him have one...

Shooting up a school is not safely handling a firearm, nor is robbing a 7-11, or mugging a citizen...

Poor people probably can't afford a gun safe, either.

I don't object to the training, but if the state is going to require it, and it's expensive, it seems like it's leading to a class problem where certain classes of people can afford to have guns and other classes can't.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top